• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yankees Being Investigated For Tampering

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe next time he will just say "if there were a mythical player in LA that were 22 and kicking ass, I'd give him a 10 year contract" and be safe.

I see how this is tampering, but if it is a fine I hope it is $1.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's exactly what tampering is.

You can't comment publicly about giving a 10 year contract to a player already under contract.

It's as simple as that.

However, you'll need to put on a big purple dinosaur costume and makes a song out of it for children to understand, evidently.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe next time he will just say "if there were a mythical player in LA that were 22 and kicking ass, I'd give him a 10 year contract" and be safe.

I see how this is tampering, but if it is a fine I hope it is $1.

As a fan of a terrible team with a relatively small market compared to LA/Texas and East Coast teams, and with precious few farm-grown prospects many of whom I'd like to stay here, the idea that anybody thinks the Yank$ should be able to make claims like this to the national media without consequence (and a $1 fine is not a consequence) is very sad.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan of a terrible team with a relatively small market compared to LA/Texas and East Coast teams, and with precious few farm-grown prospects many of whom I'd like to stay here, the idea that anybody thinks the Yank$ should be able to make claims like this to the national media without consequence (and a $1 fine is not a consequence) is very sad.

Sorry, but if your team can pay 1 player 30M per season, small market you aren't. I get the fact that it was tampering. I just don't think it was a big deal. All he did was say he'd give a player like Trout who's under 30 a 10 year deal & not a guy like Cano who's over 30. The only mistake he made was he mentioned players names.