• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yahoo's Mount Puckmore - The 4 Faces Of Each Team

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4-letter faces:

Jagr, Fata, Paek, Lang

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mario, Jagr, Patrick, (fill in your choice here)

seriously, that last one is a tough on to fill...it could be filled with a coach, but badger was only there one season, bowman wasn't 'sucessful' enough. i could see filling that with any number of the 91-93 team members, but the other 3 had a greater impact on the overall future of the team, not just these few years. i suppose that could be barasso...i don't think it should be sid, but you have to admit that he is the face of the pens now, so...it's a guess. i have NO idea why toews is on chicagos.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What!? No love for Fat Balloon!?:D

Man you Red Wing fans just always have to put the foot on Sharks fans throats huh??? You guys have all the championships and all the history and we're just a little guy trying to be tough and you can't let us have one gawddamn day in the sun??? :D

But yes, a Rushmore of Pat Balloon, Mike Rathje, Link Gaetz and Dody Wood would be just fine by me ;-)

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ST. LOUIS BLUES
ept_sports_nhl_experts-593733756-1281670840.jpg

1) Bob Plager, D

2) Bernie Federko, C

3) Brian Sutter, LW

4) Brett Hull, RW -
no+goal.jpg

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck is LaFontaine doing on Buffalo's Mount Puckmore?

This was the reason given on the website:

Pat Lafontaine

"MAY DAY! MAY DAY!"

Every Sabres fan can tell you where they were when Brad May(notes) exorcised 10 years of playoff futility by jocking Ray Bourque, freezing Andy Moog, and firing the biscuit into the yawning net to complete the Sabres' sweep of the Boston Bruins in the 1993 playoffs. Can every Sabres fan recall who started that great moment?

Tripped up and falling to his side in the neutral zone, No. 16 in white threaded a needle and hit May's tape to send him on his way to history. The effort, one of several standout points earned in his career, exemplified what Pat Lafontaine was capable of on the ice, and was a reflection of his commitment to assisting plays off it.

With trigger-happy Mogilny riding shotgun, the premier pivot enjoyed some of finest years of his career in Buffalo. The argument will rage over the greatest American-born hockey player of all time, but biased Sabres fans will tell you how hard it is imagining another season like 1992-93 when play-by-play man Rick Jeanneret exclaimed "LALALALALALALALALALA-LAFONTAINE" 53 times as part of his franchise-record 148-point campaign. The total still stands as an NHL single-season best for an American, and was special enough to earn the franchise its first Hart Trophy finalist.

Lafontaine appeared in just 268 games over parts of six injury-riddled seasons in a Sabres sweater, but his 1.4 points-per-game suggests there was never a night off. There weren't many days off either, as the Captain's regular visits to Children's Hospital during his Buffalo playing days paved the way for the establishment of Companions in Courage, a foundation that has offered sick children a positive diversion in over 50 hospitals nationwide.

Hasek expanded the team's boundaries, yet it was Lafontaine's production and leadership that put the team back on the map. His all-around excellence aided the small-market club's transition into a new arena, a fact that weighing heavily when viewing the franchise as a whole.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nystrom over Billy Smith, eh?!? He did score some huge playoff goals for the Isles.

/No love for Yashin?!?

:eek:

As for LaFontaine I'll always remember him for his OT goal against the Caps & the fact that he was a one man team for the Islanders for a few years afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honeslty for the Isles I would put

Bossy, Arbour, Potvin and DiPetro... only because of the impact DiPetro has made negatively towards the team by injury and his 15 year deal.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honeslty for the Isles I would put

Bossy, Arbour, Potvin and DiPetro... only because of the impact DiPetro has made negatively towards the team by injury and his 15 year deal.

Actually it can be argued that Bill Torrey & Jimmy Devallano were just as important as the players & Arbour. Devallano built the Red Wings into a monster as well. He deserves at least to be mentioned for their Mount Puckmore.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PITTSBURGH PENGUINS
ept_sports_nhl_experts-975826541-1281669486.jpg

1) Mario Lemieux, C/Owner

2) Jaromir Jagr, RW

3) Sidney Crosby, C

4) Tom Barrasso, G

Notable Mentions:

penpen.gif
ngc66g.jpg

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston - Eddie Shore? John Bucyk? Phil Esposito? Two of the three should replace Schmidt and Neely.

Flames - After the Gilmour-Leeman trade, it's a travesty to put Fletcher's name on the mountainside (even though Cliff was the Leafs GM at the time). Lanny instead of Trader Cliff.

I agree dash. As much as I loved Neely, Shore and Espo should be up there