• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yahoo "Texas A&M move to SEC held up by legal threat"

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The poor forgotten five..err maybe four. Relegated to being a bunch of litigious bastards.
Baylor
ISU
Kansas State
???

Oklahoma State and Texas Tech seem to have curled up next to Oklahoma and Texas, and Mizzou and Kansas are good enough to get an invite from someone.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Man, you guys never get it, do you?

If you really think the man that prosecuted and impeached the President of the United States can't get quality lawyers, you're as dumb as a box of rocks.

This is not about money. Baylor, Kansas, KU and ISU will have high end, quality representation, there is no doubt about that.

This is about the suit itself, and whether or not it makes the SEC think twice.

This is Baylor, ISU, KU, and KSU's ONLY shot. They're going to be prepared, and going to have arguably the best representation allowed by law.

Don't kid yourself.

Yet the SEC, whose president is a graduate of an IVY league law school, can't find quality representation?

Spoiler alert, sunshine, A conference has more money than 4 schools. and if litigating those bitching institutions into the stone age gets Slives' jollies off, then you can bet he'll fork over the $$$$ needed.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta leave this thread....it's getting all Disney and shit up in here.

I can't battle dumbass with more dumbass....no, I won't do it.

latez

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow. The big 12 is one fucked up conference.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor
ISU
Kansas State
???

Oklahoma State and Texas Tech seem to have curled up next to Oklahoma and Texas, and Mizzou and Kansas are good enough to get an invite from someone.

Kansas? Yeah their basketball makes money...even more than some football programs (Pitt for instance), but bring nothing to the table in football. They, like Pitt and Maryland are the opposite of exciting, home-run additions. Just more mouths at the football table for the most part.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. The big 12 is one fucked up conference.

The leader behind the scenes....

PJZBQGPMNPDFOZX.20080719154400.jpg

Below is a snippit from this link if you want to read more... LOL

Link here...

"Entering his fifth year as the commissioner of the Big 12 Conference, Dan Beebe has the league poised to remain a leader on the national level, ushering in an era of strength, stability and commitment among the Conference’s 10 teams.

One year after successfully guiding the league through one of the most tumultuous offseasons ever experienced by a collegiate athletic conference, Beebe has not only maintained the league’s presence at the forefront of collegiate sports, but given the Big 12 a forward-thinking charge. As the Big 12 enters its 16th season of competition in 2011-12, his progressive approach and unwavering dedication allows the league to continue to thrive and improve on athletic and academic levels.

This past spring, Beebe finalized a landmark 13-year agreement between the Conference and FOX Sports Media Group for exclusive cable rights in football, as well as a variety of Olympic sports events and Conference championships. The deal, effective beginning in fall 2012, positions the Big 12 with one of the best television arrangements in collegiate sports.

In addition, it achieves benchmarks as the Conference moves forward with 10 members of providing significant revenue growth, increased television exposure and retention of institutional rights, while also solidifying the long-term commitment of the member institutions to one another."

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet the SEC, whose president is a graduate of an IVY league law school, can't find quality representation?

Spoiler alert, sunshine, A conference has more money than 4 schools. and if litigating those bitching institutions into the stone age gets Slives' jollies off, then you can bet he'll fork over the $$$$ needed.

When did anyone say they couldn't???

Man, the reading comprehension on this board is pretty low.

I'm saying, since you couldn't figure it out, that I believe Starr has the ability to get better lawyers. But it really doesn't matter, because I highly doubt this ever sees a courtroom.

The BE can end all this by simply inviting Baylor

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is photo copy of legal letter from Beebe to SEC commish...

Are you kidding me... The language herein states the Big 12 and it's Members"

How many times is member's mentioned herein...

See for yourself... Beebe is nuts and so is anyone who said this is not binding... unless of course.. Beebe went off the deep end and sent this letter without consulting with each team in he league... LMAO...

Here is PDF LINK

Beebe today makes these comments...

Read PDF first then this... WTF?

"This is the first time to my knowledge that a conference has been requested to waive any legal claims toward another conference for any damages suffered with a membership change," Beebe said in a statement Wednesday. He added that the waiver "did not and could not bind the individual member institutions' governing boards to waive institutional rights."

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is photo copy of legal letter from Beebe o SEC commish...

Are you kidding me... The language herein states the Big 12 and it's Members"

How many times is member's mentioned herein...

See for yourself... Beebe is nuts and so is anyone who said this is not binding... unless of course.. Beebe went off the deep end and sent this letter without consulting with each team in he league... LMAO...

Here is PDF LINK

Without naming each institution, it's not binding to them. And every school save OU has refused to waive their right to sue.

So the ball is in the SEC's court now.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without naming each institution, it's not binding to them. And every school save OU has refused to waive their right to sue.

Wow, if you get that out of reading that PDF... your nuking futs too...:hdn:

He is in charge of the league as a whole.. each entity within...

Why the fuck would a commish send a letter to another commish if he had no fucking status or the right to represent the league and "it's Members"...?

What was the letter for.. to say HI... love ya honey?

LMAO...

con men... at it's best..

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, if you get that out of reading that PDF... your nuking futs too...:hdn:

I'm just relaying what some legal analyst said on ESPN radio

Only OU has waived their right to sue, no one else. That document is not binding to individual schools if they are not named and signed off on it.

I don't really think it matters in the end. A&M is going to the SEC sooner or later, it's not like they can just come back to the B12.

And Baylor is now trying to extort OU; they've reportedly said they will sign off on the move IF OU pledges not to leave.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know where you get that idea at. Beebe is the commissioner of the Big 12 and as such said he was authorized by it's members (which consist of each and every school in the Big 12) to convey to Slive. I think you are really grasping at straws. Why I don't know but you sound as desperate as Baylor.

Read this quote because I don't think you read the pdf. The first paragraph says it all.

This is to confirm our discussion yesterday during which I informed you that the Big 12 Conference Board of Directors unanimously authorized me to convey to you and their colleagues in the Southeastern Conference that the Big 12 and its members will not take any legal action for
any possible claims against the SEC or its members relating to the departure of Texas A&M University from the Big 12 and the admission of Texas A&M into the SEC; provided, however, that such act by the SEC to admit Texas A&M is publicly confirmed by 5:00 p.m. (CDT) on September 8, 2011.

It is clear that Beebe conveyed that each school (board of directors is each schools representative) was okay with it. The SEC went forward with this in good faith. Now if Beebe was blowing smoke out his ass (not likely since this letter was written after a unscheduled meeting was convened) than it is not the SECs problem. HE stated he was authorized to make that statement and that each school was okay with it. As the commissioner of the organization if you can not take his word for it than who's can you?

As in all other things in the past Beebe fucked up.
He is also quoted as saying the Big 12 would survive without A&M so with this quote the SEC should not be expected to know that their courting A&M would bring the demise of the conference. If the commissioner who has the ear of every school doesn't know how can the SEC be expected to know?

This is the same as last year. Noone wants to show their cards and are playing a giant game of liars poker. Colorado and Nebraska were upfront and unwilling to play this game and the result was their departure.

A&M and it appears now also OU are tired of ti also. The games and favoritism Beebe plays are what is responsible for the demise of this conference. Not individual teams nor other conferences.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"I don't know where you get that idea at. Beebe is the commissioner of the Big 12 and as such said he was authorized by it's members (which consist of each and every school in the Big 12) to convey to Slive. I think you are really grasping at straws. Why I don't know but you sound as desperate as Baylor."

He's been pro lawsuit in every thread discussing the topic so far. The dude obviously hates aTm, and gets off on the fact that UT will land on its feet regardless. I've pretty much just chalked it up to trolling. Especially after the, Baylor can get better lawyers than an entire conference, comment.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don't know where you get that idea at. Beebe is the commissioner of the Big 12 and as such said he was authorized by it's members (which consist of each and every school in the Big 12) to convey to Slive. I think you are really grasping at straws. Why I don't know but you sound as desperate as Baylor."

He's been pro lawsuit in every thread discussing the topic so far. The dude obviously hates aTm, and gets off on the fact that UT will land on its feet regardless. I've pretty much just chalked it up to trolling. Especially after the, Baylor can get better lawyers than an entire conference, comment.

Never been pro lawsuit. I've said they would sue, there's a big difference.

What I've noticed is the lack of reading comprehension that is so pervasive on this site.

I'm not grasping at straws.....as I posted, a LEGAL ANALYST said this on ESPN radio. You can agree with him or not.

I've also stated repeatedly that A&M is going into the SEC. I'm not against the move. But because most of you can't READ and COMPREHEND, some of you think I hate A&M and want these lawsuits. I personally find the situation entertaining, I don't hate A&M, and I really don't care if Baylor sues or not.

Texas will land on it's feet. That's really all I care about here.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

What I've noticed is the lack of reading comprehension that is so pervasive on this site.

I'm not grasping at straws.....as I posted, a LEGAL ANALYST said this on ESPN radio. You can agree with him or not.

I've also stated repeatedly that A&M is going into the SEC. I'm not against the move. But because most of you can't READ and COMPREHEND, some of you think I hate A&M and want these lawsuits. I personally find the situation entertaining, I don't hate A&M, and I really don't care if Baylor sues or not.

AKA, you're trolling.

All you've done is try to get a rise out of people by playing devils advocate.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AKA, you're trolling.

All you've done is try to get a rise out of people by playing devils advocate.

Just because you don't agree with what I post doesn't make me a troll. Grow up, and learn how to have an honest, open, and legit debate with someone.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You posted that it was ESPN while I was typing a response to your original post (the post I quoted). In this post it was your words. You gave no credit to anyone and I responded as such. So you don't put it in the post and make it my reading comprehension problem? C'mon get real.
And why anyone take anything ESPN puts out as true I can't fathom.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just because you don't agree with what I post doesn't make me a troll. Grow up, and learn how to have an honest, open, and legit debate with someone.

What you have posted isn't opinion. It's you trying to perpetuate a scenario to entertain yourself.

Pretty sure that's trolling.