• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yahoo "Texas A&M move to SEC held up by legal threat"

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the SEC could counter sue

Possibly. The Baylor suit, even if they win, does what? Pay money damages?

So what?

The key here is whether the SEC wants to be bothered by all this, and actually have to pay lawyers to deal with this. They may decide it's not worth the headache.

That's Baylor's only option......

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$EC lawyers > Baylor lawyers

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$EC lawyers > Baylor lawyers

Doubt that. Kenn Starr is Baylor's president. They most likely have better lawyers.

Now it's being reported ISU, KSU, KU have joined in the lawsuit. They're suing the SEC.

I TOLD YOU ALL last week this was going to happen. I'm getting my popcorn ready right now, this is going to play out for a few days to weeks.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt that. Kenn Starr is Baylor's president. They most likely have better lawyers.

Now it's being reported ISU, KSU, KU have joined in the lawsuit. They're suing the SEC.

I TOLD YOU ALL last week this was going to happen. I'm getting my popcorn ready right now, this is going to play out for a few days to weeks.

Of course you would doubt it....you're from tayuksuss. You know everything, knew everything, and was just kidding if it was shown later that you were wrong.

Who has more $?

I got you 'cuz.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard KU and KSU are joining in on Baylor's suit.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you would doubt it....you're from tayuksuss. You know everything, knew everything, and was just kidding if it was shown later that you were wrong.

Who has more $?

I got you 'cuz.

Man, you guys never get it, do you?

If you really think the man that prosecuted and impeached the President of the United States can't get quality lawyers, you're as dumb as a box of rocks.

This is not about money. Baylor, Kansas, KU and ISU will have high end, quality representation, there is no doubt about that.

This is about the suit itself, and whether or not it makes the SEC think twice.

This is Baylor, ISU, KU, and KSU's ONLY shot. They're going to be prepared, and going to have arguably the best representation allowed by law.

Don't kid yourself.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you guys never get it, do you?

If you really think the man that prosecuted and impeached the President of the United States can't get quality lawyers, you're as dumb as a box of rocks.

This is not about money. Baylor, Kansas, KU and ISU will have high end, quality representation, there is no doubt about that.

This is about the suit itself, and whether or not it makes the SEC think twice.

This is Baylor, ISU, KU, and KSU's ONLY shot. They're going to be prepared, and going to have arguably the best representation allowed by law.

Don't kid yourself.

lost me there....

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont blame ksu and baylor or even isu but ku? theyll be fine.

KU wants to stay in a major conference if for no other reason than it helps their football program, their basketball program of course would be a prize for any major conference but imagine if they were relegated to a mid-major conference in basketball...that would be like putting Duke in C-USA or the Sun Belt.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor wont win. They are just hoping no one wants to Fight. Problem is Texas A&M would rather fight and lose than have Baylor dictate what happens to their school.

There is no precedent to stop Texas A&M from doing what it wants because the Baylor Bears might be hurt by them leaving. Add in the Fact Baylor already said they can leave and it just another BS Lawsuit by a corrupt lawyer...

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clinton wasn't impeached. They just tried to impeach him.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma is not staying in the Big 12. And I seriously doubt Baylor's little temper tantrum is going to accomplish squat in Texas if the political winds start blowing HARD against them. Ken Starr pissed away $70 Million on a witch hunt against Bill Clinton and never got the conviction he wanted so he's obviously deranged enough to think he can pull a white rabbit out of a black hat in this scenario too. But this time he's really wrong. By the time the Aggie boosters lean hard on their political levers the cost to Baylor will jeopardize Starr's own job if he tries to play hardball. Oklahoma's leaving, folks. And there is not a court in the land that can make OU stay. When they pull the plug the whole thing is going to go down drain......irregardless of what Baylor, Iowa State or Kansas State want to happen. And if they want to jump up and down and complain that OU did them dirty tough twinkies. I have a reason for saying this: Boren has had it up to his eyelids with the dysfunctional Big 12 and he wants OU OUT.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that's why I don't get why the PAC or Big 10 wouldn't want KU...and from an earlier post KU makes more sports revenue profit than OU, based mostly on their basketball. That's saying something. I'd rather KU go with OU to the PAC than TTech.
Football is worth much more for TV rights, and the Kansas market is tiny. It's smaller than Iowa for god's sake. But the school is decent and Jayhawks basketball is a good addition athletically (too bad they do nothing in other sports).

I'd love to see Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri AND Kansas go to the Big Ten and just become a 4-team pod. But you idiots won't ditch Oklahoma State and Texas Tech.

This would be a seriously good conference:
Pod 1: Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri
Pod 2: Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota
Pod 3: Ohio State, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Indiana
Pod 4: Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue

(I switched Illinois and Wisconsin to get more competitive balance)

Santana8907

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No one is getting sued, because A&M isn't getting into the SEC unless it can get all the presidents to sign off on it.

If they sign off on it, they waive their right to sue and A&M ends up in the SEC. If they don't, A&M stays in the Big 12 and the league will self destruct at a later date.

Last edited by a moderator:

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The poor forgotten five..err maybe four. Relegated to being a bunch of litigious bastards.