• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yahoo "Texas A&M move to SEC held up by legal threat"

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf is wrong with people and institutions that have to threaten legal action if they don't get their way?

Threatening, especially to keep someone or something in a situation they are not happy in is stupid and selfish. It also never works.

I'm sick of lawsuits, especially as a 'negotiating tactic'.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at it this way...Baylor was damn lucky to get into the Big 12 and now the A&M move may destroy the Big 12 and push Baylor into an non-AQ conference. I would sue too.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at it this way...Baylor was damn lucky to get into the Big 12 and now the A&M move may destroy the Big 12 and push Baylor into an non-AQ conference. I would sue too.

Yep. they have nothing to lose by doing this

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa st should join baylor

However, is there a chance baylor is doing this with support from other big 12 members

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KU and K-State along with ISU I would think...

KU may have a small chance of landing somewhere because of bball

Is Kansas a Cinderella if they are a mid major making the elite 8 every year

NoShortcuts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Baylor already agreed to let A&M go so if they backtrack now they can be sued by A&M. A point I'm sure Loftin will kindly remind them of on the conference call :boxing:

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KU may have a small chance of landing somewhere because of bball

Is Kansas a Cinderella if they are a mid major making the elite 8 every year

See that's why I don't get why the PAC or Big 10 wouldn't want KU...and from an earlier post KU makes more sports revenue profit than OU, based mostly on their basketball. That's saying something. I'd rather KU go with OU to the PAC than TTech.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor will get the run pulled out from under them when everyone else leaves at which point they would have no grounds to sue TAMU........all they are doing is changing the order of how this goes down.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Baylor is now sueing since once aTm leaves, the rest will go to the PAC. Oklahoma's flirting with the PAC is what gives the baylor lawsuit legs.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor already agreed to let A&M go so if they backtrack now they can be sued by A&M. A point I'm sure Loftin will kindly remind them of on the conference call :boxing:

No they didn't. There is no signed document saying any such thing. That's the current problem - Baylor WON'T sign saying they won't sue.

NoShortcuts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No they didn't. There is no signed document saying any such thing. That's the current problem - Baylor WON'T sign saying they won't sue.

The SEC received written assurance from the Big 12 on Sept. 2 that it was free to accept Texas A&M as a member, University of Florida president and SEC chairman Dr. Bernie Machen said.

"We were notified yesterday afternoon that at least one Big 12 institution had withdrawn its previous consent and was considering legal action," Machen said in a statement Wednesday.

So a conference call with the other 9 teams, they all said okay A&M leave, just tell us by Sept 8. A&M goes out and does just that. Now Baylor says no, we change our mind. Verbal is as good as written, especially with 8 or 9 other witnesses.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC received written assurance from the Big 12 on Sept. 2 that it was free to accept Texas A&M as a member, University of Florida president and SEC chairman Dr. Bernie Machen said.

"We were notified yesterday afternoon that at least one Big 12 institution had withdrawn its previous consent and was considering legal action," Machen said in a statement Wednesday.

So a conference call with the other 9 teams, they all said okay A&M leave, just tell us by Sept 8. A&M goes out and does just that. Now Baylor says no, we change our mind. Verbal is as good as written, especially with 8 or 9 other witnesses.

I'll say it again.....there is no SIGNED DOCUMENT. Baylor is going to sue, and most likely they'll get ISU and KSU, maybe KU to join in.

It's the only card they have to play, and they have nothing to lose. They're desperate.

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KevinHickson Kevin Hickson
by DavidInAlief
TO: Get ya popcorn ready! MT @1053thefan: BREAKING NEWS: @richiewhitt reporting KS and K-State are joining BU in legal actions against A&M.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe the SEC could counter sue

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I foresee a class-action/anit-trust in the future...and it has the mothership's name all over it.