• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

X-Men 4: Dark Phoenix (2019)

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poster from Comic Con Experience (CCXP) 2018 in Sao Paulo, Brazil:

DtvEfaKV4AAobTh.jpg:orig

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cyclops (Tye Sheridan), Professor X (James McAvoy), Nightcrawler (Kodi Smit-McPhee), Storm (Alexandra Shipp) promo photo:

DuaVthdUUAApmGL.jpg:orig
:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jean Grey / Dark Phoenix (Sophie Turner) promo photo:

DuzRuDBU0AAyBAm.jpg:orig

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading comments that this movie is a disaster

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scheduling (repeatedly pushing back release date) hints that this movie is terrible may be correct, per reactions from early screeners who have already seen the movie:

From Christopher Marc:

Christopher Marc said:
A main character was killed-off in a large 2019 movie and the audience in the early screening laughed. It wasn't meant to be funny. Oh Jebus...

Christopher Marc said:
the movie someone was saying could be as bad as BATMAN & ROBIN

From KC Walsh:

KC Walsh said:
I would set expectations extremely low for #DarkPhoenix, sounds like it could take the top spot for worst of the franchise

I wish the movie could be just cancelled so that Disney/Marvel could do the Dark Phoenix Saga right, complete with the Shi'ar and the Hellfire Club. The movie getting released and bombing might dissuade Disney/Marvel from revisiting the Dark Phoenix Saga again for many, many years, which is a shame as it's potentially a great story if done right.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scheduling (repeatedly pushing back release date) hints that this movie is terrible may be correct, per reactions from early screeners who have already seen the movie:

From Christopher Marc:

From KC Walsh:

I wish the movie could be just cancelled so that Disney/Marvel could do the Dark Phoenix Saga right, complete with the Shi'ar and the Hellfire Club. The movie getting released and bombing might dissuade Disney/Marvel from revisiting the Dark Phoenix Saga again for many, many years, which is a shame as it's potentially a great story if done right

Agreed. I'm just gonna keep saying this over and over until I speak it into existence. X-Men would work better as a big cinematic Game of Thrones style TV show than a movie. That's the way Disney/Marvel should take it. There's too many characters, stories and nuances involved to do it justice in a 2 hr movie. Avengers works because its more of a collection of people brought together so you can break up stories into chunks across multiple movies. X-Men is very much team oriented with how they interact with themselves and society. That's what gets lost in the X-Men movies and why most all of them suck to varying degrees.

Also, I totally bet its Cyclops that gets killed and everyone laughs. Because who doesn't love laughing at Cyclops?

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Storm (Alexandra Shipp), Red Lotus (Andrew Stehlin), Beast (Nicholas Hoult), Nightcrawler (Kodi Smit-McPhee), Selene (Kota Eberhardt), and Magneto (Michael Fassbender):

dark-phoenix-image.jpg

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Textless version of new poster:

x-men-dark-phoenix-poster.jpg

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trailer 2:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Gene is the all powerful "bad guy" ......

AGAIN.

How hard can it be to just invent a new ultra bad mutant.

Just make his power being white ......it will win an Oscar.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this would be a lot better if Jean wasn’t being played by Sophie Turner. Never thought much of her on GoT either.
So Gene is the all powerful "bad guy" ......

AGAIN.

How hard can it be to just invent a new ultra bad mutant.

Just make his power being white ......it will win an Oscar.

I was hoping that they’d go the Sinister route, unless that’s who Jessica Chastain is playing.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this would be a lot better if Jean wasn’t being played by Sophie Turner. Never thought much of her on GoT either.

I was hoping that they’d go the Sinister route, unless that’s who Jessica Chastain is playing.

When it comes to X-men and mutants, the powers to give them or some new ultra bad guy are limitless.

If I ran the studio, I would have a contest for the best idea for mutant powers.

The shit people would come up with be unreal ....people love new villains. Especially with some new powers nobody saw coming.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to X-men and mutants, the powers to give them or some new ultra bad guy are limitless.

If I ran the studio, I would have a contest for the best idea for mutant powers.

The shit people would come up with be unreal ....people love new villains. Especially with some new powers nobody saw coming.

Since I don’t read comics I don’t know if this one exists but I’d have one like Rogue except instead of keeping the powers temporarily, they’d keep them permanently when they touched someone.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I don’t read comics I don’t know if this one exists but I’d have one like Rogue except instead of keeping the powers temporarily, they’d keep them permanently when they touched someone.
Syler...

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magneto and Jean Grey promo image from Empire magazine:

dark-phoenix-genosha-excl[1].jpg

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I'm just gonna keep saying this over and over until I speak it into existence. X-Men would work better as a big cinematic Game of Thrones style TV show than a movie. That's the way Disney/Marvel should take it. There's too many characters, stories and nuances involved to do it justice in a 2 hr movie. Avengers works because its more of a collection of people brought together so you can break up stories into chunks across multiple movies. X-Men is very much team oriented with how they interact with themselves and society. That's what gets lost in the X-Men movies and why most all of them suck to varying degrees.

Also, I totally bet its Cyclops that gets killed and everyone laughs. Because who doesn't love laughing at Cyclops?

I would like it if they tried it in an independent way. Establish each character with their own story, then bring them together to form the X-Men. Much in the way that The Avengers was done. You are right, it is more about what they do together, which is why I think the pay off would be worth it. Origin stories for Cyclops and his brother, Professor X, Magneto, Wolverine, Gambit, Beast, Iceman, Storm ,Rogue, etc... then bring them together to face Magneto as they allude to it building up. Then maybe some more stand alone films, then a build up for Apocalypse. They need to do him right, he was terrible in the last movie (i forget the name). Then maybe build up for an infinity war style with Dark Phoenix. X-men is capable and deserving of a stand alone universe in my opinion. Much like Avengers... don't call it X-men until they actually are all together on screen.

I would bet that it is Mystique that dies judging from the trailer. She is only in roughly 2 scenes in the trailers. We know Cyclops is there throughout, Professor X is at the funeral as is Beast. Later on after Phoenix is established (from the trailer) you see everyone except Mystique.