• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Channing Tatum Confirmed as Gambit by X-Men Producer Lauren Shuler Donner

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though it’s been rumored for quite some time, it looks like producer Lauren Shuler Donner, while speaking with Total Film magazine at the premiere of X-Men: Days of Future Past, has confirmed that the Cajun mutant Gambit will indeed be appearing on the big screen soon, tossing kinetically charged playing cards at bad guys, and that the part will by played by none other than Channing Tatum.

Just how and where we will be seeing the character of Gambit is still the question though. Earlier reports were that Tatum would get a solo movie as Remy LeBeau, but that doesn’t seem too likely at this point. Far more likely is Channing Tatum being part of the X-Men proper in the upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse, which is scheduled to come out in May 2016. Director Bryan Singer has already hinted that among the new mutants joining the team in Apocalypse would probably be Nightcrawler and Gambit, joining the already confirmed children of the atom, Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Storm.

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/05/chann...shuler-donner/

Tatum has really grown on me since 21 Jump Street and White House Down! I heard this rumor 2 months ago and it's about damn time they're bringing my favorite superhero back to the big screen!!!​

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though X-Men Origins: Wolverine wasn't that good of a movie, I thought that Taylor Kitsch did a good job as Gambit.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and OD just bought all tickets to opening night so he can have the theater to himself...well and Channing.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Tatum, think he's going to play Gambit really well!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I never really cared that much for Gambit. I didn't love him or hate him, he was just meh.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gambit is probably my third or fourth favorite comic book character of all time so I'm beyond excited that this is finally official.

I used to dislike Channing Tatum but like others have mentioned he has really grown on me as an actor. He's not an oscar caliber actor by any means but he's real solid. What's most important is he has the charisma and likability as an actor to nail this type of role.

The X-Men franchise is making big moves. X-Men First Class (87 % rottentomatoes), X-Men Days of Future Past (93 % rottentomatoes so far), and after that will be X-Men Apocalypse with Gambit and probably the return of Cyclops and Jean (aka maybe the Phoenix?)