• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WWE SummerSlam

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not necessarily, with the PG-14 or whatever it is moving to, with the "banned words" being removed. That points to trying to get adults interested so the 12 year olds follow them and become fans.

AEW has their problems. After Tony mouthed off about being the longest running CEO in sports entertainment, he has announced how he is delegating power and then Warner Brothers hit them with a bomb and are cutting anything they can take a tax write off on. They scrapped the Batgirl movie after spending 90 million on it for a write off. Tony might be joining Impact on Axes, unless Warner brothers owns them too.

I mean the longest running CEO thing was funny imo.

I am curious what WB does with them. I think they're fine, but who knows.

I just dont' see WWE changing their PC/PG ways. As much as they might be trying to do this to get people back in. Maybe it works, I'm not sure. People seem excited about the King of Nepotism, for some reason.

Now it just means we'll have guys with heavyweight belts who can't get on all the rides at Disney.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not necessarily, with the PG-14 or whatever it is moving to, with the "banned words" being removed. That points to trying to get adults interested so the 12 year olds follow them and become fans.

AEW has their problems. After Tony mouthed off about being the longest running CEO in sports entertainment, he has announced how he is delegating power and then Warner Brothers hit them with a bomb and are cutting anything they can take a tax write off on. They scrapped the Batgirl movie after spending 90 million on it for a write off. Tony might be joining Impact on Axes, unless Warner brothers owns them too.
I mean the longest running CEO thing was funny imo.

I am curious what WB does with them. I think they're fine, but who knows.

FWIW, WB-Discovery included AEW in their presentation yesterday announcing the HBOMax/Discovery+ merger.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

It was pretty meh. Awe’s ppvs have been better
There hasn’t been a single AEW PPV that has been remotely as good as Summerslam. Summerslam appeal to all viewers, unlike AEW who only caters to single dudes and WWE was only catering to dudes with kids (more specifically their little girls). Summerslam was the best wrestling show wrestling has had since probably 2016.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There hasn’t been a single AEW PPV that has been remotely as good as Summerslam. Summerslam appeal to all viewers, unlike AEW who only caters to single dudes and WWE was only catering to dudes with kids (more specifically their little girls). Summerslam was the best wrestling show wrestling has had since probably 2016.
Might’ve been the best marketing

But the quality was low

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you just pointed out the woke virus

Exactly why it isn’t what you said it is

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just need to consider the pop that Becky got when she returned last year. I never really liked this version of her, but that gave me goosebumps. Then she continued to shed her baby weight and ended up looking like she is down to 105.
I think he tried to get Bayley the same pop, which is why he did it in front of 50K. I dont follow real closely, but I got the Bayley thing, did not get the other two. Especially when Corey says who ever expected to see whoever sky here when it was the very first time she even appeared under that name. When the announcers make them appear bigger than they are it drags them down. Thats why when Becky got injured, they could have stopped with Bayley and Bianca and just got that started.
Outside factors shouldn't be considered. Lynch from 2021 wasn't relevant to SummerSlam 2022, and Bayley from 2021 certainly wasn't relevant. The show stands or falls on its own. Again, Lynch and Belair were generally fine. The match was hurt by being in a stadium and then having the match during daylight. It made the 'small' crowd look further away and the tv panning back makes the participants look smaller. Having a 'character' crying or getting frustrated because their move didn't win is a buzz-kill so that angle should be avoided in the opening match. The crowd is further away so it's harder to see certain things. Pulling Belair's hair makes more sense in a stadium environment but pulling it a 2nd time should 'mean something' or have an impact. 4 or 5 times is just lazy. The match would have benefited from fewer holds & reversals and a few more running clotheslines, (because of the crowd visuals). Opening matches need energy and pace. Again, good match, but this match would have been better in an arena, at night, and later on the card after the tag-titles and the Miz/Paul match, (maybe after the US title match as well).

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 2022:
HIAC > MITB > SummerSlam.
Forbidden Door > SummerSlam.
SummerSlam > GCW's Nashville show on the previous day, but that's not saying much.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SIL ruined liv morgna already

Impressive speed

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SIL ruined liv morgna already

Impressive speed
yeah, they would have been better turning Bianca heel, she is starting to get the Nia problem of being dangerous in the ring, injuring Becky and last night Carmella was concussed with a botched Bianca back flip attempt.

They dont want both of their women champs to be baby faces.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, they would have been better turning Bianca heel, she is starting to get the Nia problem of being dangerous in the ring, injuring Becky and last night Carmella was concussed with a botched Bianca back flip attempt.

Getting?

She’s always been sloppy

She’s a 2.0 level talent with a crack addict gimmick

Freaking Riccochet is better on the stick

And her gimmick, the same from NXT, is 100% a heel gimmick

But she gets the push for reasons that have nothing to do with talent or merit

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The liv thing, if she just waits another 1.5 seconds before tapping out she saves face

It’s like the Bret Hart/Austin ending from 96 survivor series and no one thinks anything else about it

But they did it wrong, or liv screwed it up (I guess that is a possibility too) and it just tanked her and her credibility and momentum

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watch this and tell me how in the world Bianca can be blamed for this?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The liv thing, if she just waits another 1.5 seconds before tapping out she saves face

It’s like the Bret Hart/Austin ending from 96 survivor series and no one thinks anything else about it

But they did it wrong, or liv screwed it up (I guess that is a possibility too) and it just tanked her and her credibility and momentum
The Morgan tap-out was done perfectly. It's just a crappy wrestling angle. Rousey was probably on a match and appearance count. They needed to take the belt off her and have her fail to get it back without diminishing her as a draw if/when she returns in 2023. Mission accomplished. Morgan didn't have credibility so she can't lose it.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Morgan tap-out was done perfectly. It's just a crappy wrestling angle. Rousey was probably on a match and appearance count. They needed to take the belt off her and have her fail to get it back without diminishing her as a draw if/when she returns in 2023. Mission accomplished. Morgan didn't have credibility so she can't lose it.

Even if that’s true. Rousey beating herself and going full shamrock still works

Liv doesn’t lose the crowd on Friday if they did that is all

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe Bianca farted, causing Carmella to slip and injure herself. Highly unprofessional and clearly not ready for this level

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might’ve been the best marketing

But the quality was low
Marketing how? It was a great show. Maybe great because of low expectations and why almost all AEW ones suck because of high expectations but Summerslam was an A+ plus.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 2022:
HIAC > MITB > SummerSlam.
Forbidden Door > SummerSlam.
SummerSlam > GCW's Nashville show on the previous day, but that's not saying much.
Not even close. Summerslam as an overall show was better than HIAC, MITB and anything AEW has done since their NY show at that tennis stadium.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close. Summerslam as an overall show was better than HIAC, MITB and anything AEW has done since their NY show at that tennis stadium.

Strongly disagree

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marketing how? It was a great show. Maybe great because of low expectations and why almost all AEW ones suck because of high expectations but Summerslam was an A+ plus.

It wasn’t.

No great matches at all.

Pretty flat show in general

Logan Paul might’ve been the high point

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a back flip was required? she basically balanced on a models head hitting the last part of the skull that actually hardens. Nothing is supposed to happen on the back of the head.