• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WWE SummerSlam

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a back flip was required? she basically balanced on a models head hitting the last part of the skull that actually hardens. Nothing is supposed to happen on the back of the head.
is any of this "required"?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if that’s true. Rousey beating herself and going full shamrock still works

Liv doesn’t lose the crowd on Friday if they did that is all
I don't watch WWE's normal shows, (too little content), nor do I read any press sheets or social media. I don't know what happened days later on their tv show. (No need to tell me :D ). I'd expect the crowd to turn on Morgan pretty quickly. They're fine with Rousey dropping the belt to someone who has paid her dues slogging it out on the under-card. That said Morgan isn't seen as a creditable champion so the reign needs to be short with the belt put back to 1 of the top women fairly quickly.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch WWE's normal shows, (too little content), nor do I read any press sheets or social media. I don't know what happened days later on their tv show. (No need to tell me :D ). I'd expect the crowd to turn on Morgan pretty quickly. They're fine with Rousey dropping the belt to someone who has paid her dues slogging it out on the under-card. That said Morgan isn't seen as a creditable champion so the reign needs to be short with the belt put back to 1 of the top women fairly quickly.
it's similar to Kofi, IMO

you give her some time up top...but what she needs to be doing is to stay on top, whatever it takes...so she goes heel, brings in some muscle, and cheats to keep the title.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

She’s more credible than “the man”

But that’s a low bar

Those are two of the very bottom to bet on if there was any shoot fight

I got Becky hiding under a table

She is a legit clown (literally went to clown school with a friend of mine)

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close. Summerslam as an overall show was better than HIAC, MITB and anything AEW has done since their NY show at that tennis stadium.
It's fine for you to really like SummerSlam. From my perspective every match had the expected winner, (I can't think of another card where every betting favourite won), and they got to those outcomes in some fairly unsatisfying ways. The Mysterios won by outside interference, Reigns won by outside interference, Rousey lost by pinning herself, and Theory's character walked out of the match so why would anyone care if he lost since he didn't. The tag match was ok but those teams have been at it for ages and this was 1 of their weaker matches. The 2 celebrity matches were decent but the WWE weren't going to make the celebrities look bad. To me the show was flat. I don't watch that many shows so my comparisons are limited. I can't even be bothered to watch the last 3 Wrestlemanias.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's similar to Kofi, IMO

you give her some time up top...but what she needs to be doing is to stay on top, whatever it takes...so she goes heel, brings in some muscle, and cheats to keep the title.
Exactly the Championship comparison I was thinking of but Morgan isn't big/strong/talented enough to keep the belt on her own as a face and who on Earth could be a heel flunky to her as a heel lead?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fine for you to really like SummerSlam. From my perspective every match had the expected winner, (I can't think of another card where every betting favourite won), and they got to those outcomes in some fairly unsatisfying ways. The Mysterios won by outside interference, Reigns won by outside interference, Rousey lost by pinning herself, and Theory's character walked out of the match so why would anyone care if he lost since he didn't. The tag match was ok but those teams have been at it for ages and this was 1 of their weaker matches. The 2 celebrity matches were decent but the WWE weren't going to make the celebrities look bad. To me the show was flat. I don't watch that many shows so my comparisons are limited. I can't even be bothered to watch the last 3 Wrestlemanias.

I think the 2019 royal rumble also did that

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She’s more credible than “the man”

But that’s a low bar

Those are two of the very bottom to bet on if there was any shoot fight

I got Becky hiding under a table

She is a legit clown (literally went to clown school with a friend of mine)
Fair enough I guess. Obviously you have something personal against Lynch and Belair. In the ring they're both solid workers. Out of the ring...I don't care. Agree to disagree.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly the Championship comparison I was thinking of but Morgan isn't big/strong/talented enough to keep the belt on her own as a face and who on Earth could be a heel flunky to her as a heel lead?
anytime a lesser person like Morgan gets the title, it should be EVERYONE is out to get the title off her, including the other scrappers who aren't the top talent.

maybe let Liv win a couple, get cocky, then turn it over to someone else who has never held a title before that wrestler runs into the Charlotte's of the company.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 2019 royal rumble also did that
Very possibly, I can't remember anything about it. I normally watch RR, (I have bad wrestling tastes and i'm generally fine with some wrestling silliness). I just want to be entertained and occasionally surprised. :D

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough I guess. Obviously you have something personal against Lynch and Belair. In the ring they're both solid workers. Out of the ring...I don't care. Agree to disagree.

I think they’re both 2.0 level in the ring

But then again I hold them to exact same standards as the men

Asuka and flair are the only ones who can really wow me.

Ripley and Raquel are the future

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anytime a lesser person like Morgan gets the title, it should be EVERYONE is out to get the title off her, including the other scrappers who aren't the top talent.

maybe let Liv win a couple, get cocky, then turn it over to someone else who has never held a title before that wrestler runs into the Charlotte's of the company.
For that to happen Morgan would need the crowd on her side and for that she'll need a personality that she hasn't shown thus far. She's not a draw and she's limited in the ring. I'd have her lose on tv before Clash at the Castle and then put her in a 3-way with the champion and someone else at the PPV. Just me though.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what does "2.0 level" mean?

do you mean second tier talent?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For that to happen Morgan would need the crowd on her side and for that she'll need a personality that she hasn't shown thus far. She's not a draw and she's limited in the ring. I'd have her lose on tv before Clash at the Castle and then put her in a 3-way with the champion and someone else at the PPV. Just me though.

The good news is SIL will hopefully push some of the right people

Such as shayna and Rhea who are far better than both current champs

But liv worked her ass off to get a run with the belt

But they sucked all the air out of her run quickly

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really like Asuka and Flair, and Ripley's personality has grown on me. She's wasted in Judgement Day. Having her walk out next to Balor at SummerSlam made her look small without making him look big, especially with Priest there as well. I get the impression she's in JD to keep her out of the women's title picture, which may not be a bad thing. I may not even have seen Raquel, (unless she was 1 of the jobbers in the MITB women's event???).

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Asuka and Flair, and Ripley's personality has grown on me. She's wasted in Judgement Day. Having her walk out next to Balor at SummerSlam made her look small without making him look big, especially with Priest there as well. I get the impression she's in JD to keep her out of the women's title picture, which may not be a bad thing. I may not even have seen Raquel, (unless she was 1 of the jobbers in the MITB women's event???).

She was the giant one that every one else had to gang up on to keep her from winning

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't figured out the point of JD just yet...like without Edge and his motivations...what are their motivations?

is their motivation just to bring down Edge now? That makes no sense to me.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is SIL will hopefully push some of the right people

Such as shayna and Rhea who are far better than both current champs

But liv worked her ass off to get a run with the belt

But they sucked all the air out of her run quickly
I've seen very little of Baszler. I seem to remember her being pushed up to and in an Elimination Chamber PPV. Again I don't watch WWE's NXT tv so he time there went over my head. They pushed Baszler as a monster but the top people have to have more than that to them. I just don't see it. Again, I don't watch the tv shows so I could be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen very little of Baszler. I seem to remember her being pushed up to and in an Elimination Chamber PPV. Again I don't watch WWE's NXT tv so he time there went over my head. They pushed Baszler as a monster but the the top people have to have more than that to them. I just don't see it. Again, I don't watch the tv shows so I could be pleasantly surprised.

Yeah they gave her that big EV push and then buried her with WM to Botchy Lynch

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't figured out the point of JD just yet...like without Edge and his motivations...what are their motivations?

is their motivation just to bring down Edge now? That makes no sense to me.
It's "we got some talented people but we don't know what to do with them and we can't have everyone at the top". It's a vehicle for demonstrating abilities against other non-top tier talent. I'm ok with it but they need more mic time.