• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU heads to Norman 33.5 pt dogs...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What great fans.....

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor looks good, would like to be there in about 2 more years

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor looks good, would like to be there in about 2 more years
Long term I think we will be fine but meanwhile in 2019..
IMO Neal needs to get a little more creative with the offense at this point in the season to give us a better chance to win games because our defense just doesn't have the pieces to be effective this year.
OU wasn't going to happen, I get that but we may be able to pull off a few more wins against upcoming opponents but the offense has to score some points any way they can. I'm not sure that we have explored all options in that department.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in the season, Neal is giving Jeff Mullen a run for the money...

Not able to score... to get any offense going... in a conference not known for its defense... is concerning...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not able to score... to get any offense going... in a conference not known for its defense... is concerning...
:eek:

Well I know he said during theJMU Post Game that he wasn't going to show them all of the offense...someone needs to let Neal know that game is was over weeks ago!!

Any rate I don't think anyone was surprised that this team go taken to the woodshed on Saturday..it wasn't a good team before the season started and with the attrition factoring in now they ain't gotten any better...this is a win team at best.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:eek:

Well I know he said during theJMU Post Game that he wasn't going to show them all of the offense...someone needs to let Neal know that game is was over weeks ago!!

Any rate I don't think anyone was surprised that this team go taken to the woodshed on Saturday..it wasn't a good team before the season started and with the attrition factoring in now they ain't gotten any better...this is a win team at best.

Maybe he knew OU was a loss regardless so he is saving some wrinkles for teams we can beat :noidea:

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping the defense would be better but we are playing a bunch of Freshman. In past years, I would expect a 4-5 year rebuild. Now we have the transfer portal to tap in to. We have lots of holes to fill. Hopefully HCNB can get it done in the off season.
This year was expected to be terrible from the start. I don't think we have the talent to compete with any of the teams left on our schedule. I'll take a victory if we just beat the spread from here on out.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty hard to be creative when the cupboard was left bare by the previous "coach". I have seen several bright spots all over the field, the kids are playing hard, but inexperience is a drive killer on offense and a drive extender on defense. 5 guys who started against OU last year started this year.......

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty hard to be creative when the cupboard was left bare by the previous "coach". I have seen several bright spots all over the field, the kids are playing hard, but inexperience is a drive killer on offense and a drive extender on defense. 5 guys who started against OU last year started this year.......

Excuses are for losers.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuses are for losers.
I heard this before. Sometime when another head coach took over the helm. Of course it was from someone who had a man crush for FHCBS(RIP).

Something I've noticed - HCNB isn't big on developing a QB and matriculating the ball down the field through the air. Maybe Kendall can put it all together next season.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuses are for losers.
YUP, you made plenty for your mancrush in YEAR 3 at the helm.........HUGE difference between year one and year three of a coaches tenure.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this before. Sometime when another head coach took over the helm. Of course it was from someone who had a man crush for FHCBS(RIP).

Something I've noticed - HCNB isn't big on developing a QB and matriculating the ball down the field through the air. Maybe Kendall can put it all together next season.

Let’s hope so.

DAD has a man crush for this new HC of ours. Making all of these excuses for him. Throwing out lame shit... like bare cupboards...

I’m always comforted when I watch the clock go to 00:00 and see another blow out loss... that our program is lead by a real HC with experience. Not some HC in training...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YUP, you made plenty for your mancrush in YEAR 3 at the helm.........HUGE difference between year one and year three of a coaches tenure.

Yeah... tell me about it. Our previous HC won a conference and a BCS Bowl in his first year as HC.

We ain’t even gonna make a bowl with our HC this year.. year 1...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in Neal’s year 3, he will reap the benefits of all the hard work Dana did recruiting all of the young talent he inherited. Something Dana wasn’t able to experience....

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess in my old age I tend to get confused a lot. I could have sworn that many on this board felt that a new coach with head coaching experience from his previous job would reap benefits. That the new HC would be better at time management, player development, play calling, and would have the experience that somebody who hadn’t been a HC no matter what level or program(s) that OC came from. I do vaguely recall that a MAC HC would be better than bringing in an OC.

Although we know the outcome of the OU game, can somebody explain why HCNB didn’t go for 2 making it a 2 score game? Was he worried that somebody my turnover the ball and OU get the 2 points making it still a 3 score game. Play calling is reminiscent of bubble screen left, bubble screen right, run up the middle, punt. I guess I should be glad that this team is at least averaging 24 points/ game. Maybe HCNB talked about it but I’ve kind of tuned out.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... tell me about it. Our previous HC won a conference and a BCS Bowl in his first year as HC.

We ain’t even gonna make a bowl with our HC this year.. year 1...
Shows pretty clearly who was left with a bare cupboard and who wasn't, doesn't it?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shows pretty clearly who was left with a bare cupboard and who wasn't, doesn't it?

Exactly right! As I mentioned... Neal will reap the benefits of the young kids Dana left for him over the next 2-3 years.

Unfortunately for all of us WVU fans, Dana was not given the same young talent to develop.