• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU 7 pt dogs at home to NC St

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're comparing HCNB to FHCDH let's compare records. HCNB is 2-1 and FHCDH is 1-2. All done! lol
If you want to compare the quality of the team played, but for straight up Ws vs Ls, yes.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a hell of a coaching job by Real Deal Neal Brown, especially playing with that empty cupboard. Guess he picked up the cards and rebuilt the house that fell last week. Either that or figured out to run to the outside instead of right up the middle over and over again where they would just eat lineman ass......and maybe figured out some of the inexperienced players were better than who was playing, it kind of reminded me of a coach we once had that had Pat White on the bench only due to the luck of an injury got forced to play him. Next week should be like a bye week, we have only had one coach capable of losing to Kansas.

Quality win, but running the edges won't get it done in the long term...the team looked more organized on both sides of the ball ( Even though it looked like Kendall had no idea what play he was calling from time to time..running an RPO and no back to take the hand off) and the sidelines..the targeting call on Norwood was BULLSHIT!...he let up on the hit..

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holgorsen lost to Kansas in his third year, with mostly HIS kids, who had received HIS coaching for two and a half years at a time that Kansas had a historically bad team,,,,,,,,,Brown in is his fourth game, with mostly someone else's recruits, who have received coaching from other coaches, playing against a Kansas team that has a NC winning HC and is on the rise.......talk to me in 2021

Here we go again...how did that ECU and Colorado game work out?..with essentially the best overall talent the school ever had..

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if HCNB plans to get Haskins involved in this offense?...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quality win, but running the edges won't get it done in the long term...the team looked more organized on both sides of the ball ( Even though it looked like Kendall had no idea what play he was calling from time to time..running an RPO and no back to take the hand off) and the sidelines..the targeting call on Norwood was BULLSHIT!...he let up on the hit..

Wasn't our last TD the result of Leddie Brown gashing it up the middle? Our line had knocked them Wolfpack boys 5 yds deep into the endzone!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't our last TD the result of Leddie Brown gashing it up the middle? Our line had knocked them Wolfpack boys 5 yds deep into the endzone!

It was but you maybe able to look back on maybe 5 snaps that had them running inside of the tackles and they all came at the end of the game......I still don't understand that kneel down on the extra point...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was but you maybe able to look back on maybe 5 snaps that had them running inside of the tackles and they all came at the end of the game......I still don't understand that kneel down on the extra point...

We have a Real HC now.

He's playing chess when everyone else is playing checkers.

I was pretty deep into the Angels Envy by the kneel down. But, my understanding now that the fog has lifted is that our riverboat gambler HC... the one who started the Mizzou game with an onside attempt... wanted to eliminate the chances of having our extra point blocked and returned by NC State for 2 pts. Had this scenario played out, the game becomes a 2 possession difference (potentially) of 15 pts. Granted... NC State would have to be successful on a 2pt conversion for them to potentially tie the game.

Of course, he could have kicked the XP and kept the difference at 3 possessions with another successful kick. Not sure the odds favor the kick being blocked and returned for a Wolfpack conversion over the odds we successfully convert the XP... but... that's why we have a Real HC now playing chess....

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a Real HC now.

He's playing chess when everyone else is playing checkers.

I was pretty deep into the Angels Envy by the kneel down. But, my understanding now that the fog has lifted is that our riverboat gambler HC... the one who started the Mizzou game with an onside attempt... wanted to eliminate the chances of having our extra point blocked and returned by NC State for 2 pts. Had this scenario played out, the game becomes a 2 possession difference (potentially) of 15 pts. Granted... NC State would have to be successful on a 2pt conversion for them to potentially tie the game.

Of course, he could have kicked the XP and kept the difference at 3 possessions with another successful kick. Not sure the odds favor the kick being blocked and returned for a Wolfpack conversion over the odds we successfully convert the XP... but... that's why we have a Real HC now playing chess....

So for the sake of argument if that was indeed the math and the plan...why would you run a play in basically shotgun formation and snap to your holder who is in a standing position and hasn't done what was being asked of ever outside of practice...why not have your QB under center and take a knee if that was truly the concern?...love me some Angels Envy!:thumb:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buck... me... and the random chick from Parkersburg loved the Angels Envy too!

We finished off the bottle. I was left with a bourbon buzz. Post game... the wife kept saying it was just the bourbon talking...

I have little recall of what I was saying...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I was just being funny. I'm sure DH will get his wins in conference play. For us, not so much.
I know and what you said was the truth when it comes to the bottom line.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahem... Anyone catch the score of that C-USA matchup last night? Man, that Tulane looks like a real powerhouse...

FHCDH now 1-3

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahem... Anyone catch the score of that C-USA matchup last night? Man, that Tulane looks like a real powerhouse...

FHCDH now 1-3
Wonder if they will can him after the next loss, they said they fire coaches for 8-4........

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so happy to go to a Mountaineer sports site to read about another teams coach...damn you guys must had some bad breakups.
Every coach and player who has been a part of the WVU teams are still and always will be fodder for discussion. Comparing current and former coaches and players is human nature

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for the sake of argument if that was indeed the math and the plan...why would you run a play in basically shotgun formation and snap to your holder who is in a standing position and hasn't done what was being asked of ever outside of practice...why not have your QB under center and take a knee if that was truly the concern?...love me some Angels Envy!:thumb:

I agree with your assessment of taking a knee. Shit I’m all for preventing a blocked punt. But Why not just lineup in the I and pound the rock for 2?