• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU 7 pt dogs at home to NC St

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing as we are three games into his tenure, I will give him the benefit of doubt, the kids who are left from last year are having to adjust to having a coach. This team has MILES to go, but actually seeing issues addressed from week to week is encouraging!!! The defense played well today, but shot themselves in the foot with bonehead penalties. It will be interesting to see the progress the team makes as the season goes on, I am so used to the team regressing that it will be refreshing to see a team that is better at the end of the year than at the beginning

That was a hell of a coaching job by Real Deal Neal Brown, especially playing with that empty cupboard. Guess he picked up the cards and rebuilt the house that fell last week. Either that or figured out to run to the outside instead of right up the middle over and over again where they would just eat lineman ass......and maybe figured out some of the inexperienced players were better than who was playing, it kind of reminded me of a coach we once had that had Pat White on the bench only due to the luck of an injury got forced to play him. Next week should be like a bye week, we have only had one coach capable of losing to Kansas.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a hell of a coaching job by Real Deal Neal Brown, especially playing with that empty cupboard. Guess he picked up the cards and rebuilt the house that fell last week. Either that or figured out to run to the outside instead of right up the middle over and over again where they would just eat lineman ass......and maybe figured out some of the inexperienced players were better than who was playing, it kind of reminded me of a coach we once had that had Pat White on the bench only due to the luck of an injury got forced to play him. Next week should be like a bye week, we have only had one coach capable of losing to Kansas.
I love comparing a guy in his third year here to a guy in his fourth game.....you Holgorsen and Luck lovers are hilarious!!

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was about playing it super safe at that point of the game. Had NC State blocked the PAT and ran it back for 2 then it would have been a 2 possession game. Brown took that away by taking the knee there and increasing our odds for the win.

I haven't seen that before but it made sense, lord knows stranger things have happened to WVU teams particularly on special teams to kill us through the years, it was nice to see that move to try and eliminate that kind of thing from happening to ensure the win.
ah, ok. Maybe he had a gut feeling. They had gotten close to blocking at least one. Now thinking back to the Miami game in 1996...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those DH and Luck lovers are sooooo different from those Stew and Patilong lovers and the Lyons and NB lovers. :dhd:

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Luck was the best AD ever at WVU, Holgerson is a good coach, I like Real Deal Neal Brown, I hope he turns out to be a great coach for us. Looks like he is making changes to correct his errors, time will tell, but we better not lose to a shitty Kansas team, there is never an excuse to lose to Kansas, said it yourself WVUDAD. This Cupboard is not bare as you and others have said, lacks experience, lacks star power at this stage, but plenty of talent here, just have to get the right ones in the game.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was about playing it super safe at that point of the game. Had NC State blocked the PAT and ran it back for 2 then it would have been a 2 possession game. Brown took that away by taking the knee there and increasing our odds for the win.

I haven't seen that before but it made sense, lord knows stranger things have happened to WVU teams particularly on special teams to kill us through the years, it was nice to see that move to try and eliminate that kind of thing from happening to ensure the win.
I get the explanation but with 3:04 left in the game, NCSt would have to get 2 TDs, a 2 point conversion, and an onside kick or turnover.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Neal finally prove he could win with Dana’s recruits yesterday?

The bare cupboard came up big! True FR and RS FR were all over the field contributing in major ways!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... to be clear...

We lost embarrassingly to Mizzou last week. That was on Dana.

We won impressively yesterday. That was on Neal.

Am I tracking?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the explanation but with 3:04 left in the game, NCSt would have to get 2 TDs, a 2 point conversion, and an onside kick or turnover.
Yea, I mean , it was super conservative but... It also confirms what we have all been saying, the team is young/inexperienced and will have to scratch for any win this year so, he was making absolutely sure this years young team didn't beat themselves when we had a chance at victory.

It was unconventional, no doubt about it but, its also doing everything you possibly can to help this young team out.

I suspect if/when the day comes and its a “big game” or championship ect.that we will see similar moves like that to try and ensure a win.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I mean , it was super conservative but... It also confirms what we have all been saying, the team is young/inexperienced and will have to scratch for any win this year so, he was making absolutely sure this years young team didn't beat themselves when we had a chance at victory.

It was unconventional, no doubt about it but, its also doing everything you possibly can to help this young team out.

I suspect if/when the day comes and its a “big game” or championship ect.that we will see similar moves like that to try and ensure a win.
I just think it sends the wrong message but whatever. I think they would have won even if half of the scenarios played out.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... to be clear...

We lost embarrassingly to Mizzou last week. That was on Dana.

We won impressively yesterday. That was on Neal.

Am I tracking?
YUP, pretty well covers it, same as several years ago, all losses were on Stewart, all wins were on Holgorsen, that's how it works, brother

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YUP, pretty well covers it, same as several years ago, all losses were on Stewart, all wins were on Holgorsen, that's how it works, brother
Well now we know the rules of your game starting before FHCDH with FHC(RIP)BS and former AD EP.

A couple more rule clarifications:
1. Would it be fair to compare HCNB game against Oklahoma to FHCDH game against with them while at Houston this year?
2. Why isn't fair to compare FHCDH loss against Kansas to what HCNB does against them? I mean after all, FHCDH was a first time HC when he played and beat Kansas. HCNB already has the HC experience that you said was important to be a HC at WVU. No confidence in HCNB?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now we know the rules of your game starting before FHCDH with FHC(RIP)BS and former AD EP.

A couple more rule clarifications:
1. Would it be fair to compare HCNB game against Oklahoma to FHCDH game against with them while at Houston this year?
2. Why isn't fair to compare FHCDH loss against Kansas to what HCNB does against them? I mean after all, FHCDH was a first time HC when he played and beat Kansas. HCNB already has the HC experience that you said was important to be a HC at WVU. No confidence in HCNB?
Holgorsen lost to Kansas in his third year, with mostly HIS kids, who had received HIS coaching for two and a half years at a time that Kansas had a historically bad team,,,,,,,,,Brown in is his fourth game, with mostly someone else's recruits, who have received coaching from other coaches, playing against a Kansas team that has a NC winning HC and is on the rise.......talk to me in 2021

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was DHs third year but only second recruiting cycle. One result of FHCBS not being able to fill classes was our depth was struggling...it also taught us that the BE was nothing like the schedules we would face in the Big 12. This team was peppered with young players and players who probably had no business in the Big 12.

If memory serves me correctly Darwin Cook played that game with two bad hamstrings because we had no one else.

Freshmen on that team went 25-14 to finish their career.

Not blaming Stew for a loss at Kansas, but his inability to get players on campus affected this team for a couple of years and that combined with the move to a better conf. We went through growing pains.

I do not believe NB is in same situation, but judging the current coach(by the last coach) week to week or by win and loss is ridiculous.

Kansas is not a bad team, I think it’s gonna be a fight!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope our real HC tightens the ship a little more before the big game at KU.

Very undisciplined ball. Way too many penalties and ST gaffes.

Since he’s a real HC... I know he’ll clean it all up... but, it’s been a sad reflection of him to date.