• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WTF Sherman??!!??

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to clairify my frustration here. I'm starting to think that Sherman thinks he's bigger than the team, bigger than the game.

Yeah, I shook my head too when I read this. Sherm needs to knock the shit off and focus on getting back to the SB.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ain't being cool at all.
It could put the team in a precarious position.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs the league more than the league needs him... That's a revelation he needs to have... Especially with him not playing up to expectations and declining a bit...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the one hand, the media has a tendency to blow things out of proportion and/or focus on stories much longer than the people involved do and I imagine that that would get irritating for athletes, coaches and anyone in these sports organizations that has to communicate with the media on a regular basis. I honestly think they prefer to cover stuff like this than the actual games sometimes. On the other hand, this whole Sherman distraction makes me uncomfortable because it's totally unnecessary and it's giving the media what it wants. I was just as uncomfortable with the media battles he had a few years ago too. I'm not gonna go so far as to single him out for having a down year because nearly every player on the team is having one of those and they're still going to the playoffs, might win 10 games and might snag the 2-seed in the NFC in a "down" year, but he hasn't been an innocent party in all this either.

The media could have let this whole thing go after Carroll's meeting with Sherman and Sherman didn't have to escalate/extend it by threatening to have Moore's press credentials revoked and then canceling something that I don't think he was required to do in the first place just to stick it to the media. It's all been unnecessary and I wish we were talking about the important game being played on Sunday instead of all this. Both parties need to let it go and move on.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will about sherman, but "journalists" are the biggest divas on planet earth. They are entitlted, arrogant, pompous assholes that really cannot take even a tiny bit of criticism.

So when someone does criticize them, watch out, they will come at you like a woman scorned. This is simply a case of these scumbags making the story about poor little them being attacked by sherman waaaa waaaa.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just goes to show you the pen is mightier than the sword. Moore did exactly what he gets paid for. Get people reading and talking about what he reported. Controversy, like a car accident is hard to look away from. Not all reporters lob in softballs all day. Sherman knows this and allowed his ego and emotions to get away from him. Had he just either apologized or said that stuff is in the past we're moving on... likely this would no longer be a story. Because he didn't this story isn't dead. If Seattle struggles (offense RZ, or Sherman and D get burnt) or somehow loses watch for Moore and others bring it up Sunday. It's just the way it is.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman has been brash and brimming with confidence, but he hasn't been self-important like this before. He is thin-skinned and ultra defensive, and lately it's getting the best of him. The fiery/cocky comments of the past are one thing, but what he's doing now is an act that will wear thin on us all very quickly.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eff the media, side with the players. They are manipulating everybody.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media doesn't have some special mind control powers. This is about Sherman's behavior, and it's been poor lately. Absolutely nothing to do with the media.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eff the media, side with the players. They are manipulating everybody.

True about the media but Sherm has gone off on rants towards players and coaches on the side line. He needs to tone that way back and focus on football and the ultimate prize.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it's not a privilege for the media to talk to him... It's part of the collective bargaining agreement that requires him to speak with the media... IOW's, he get's paid 14 million a year to do what he feels is a privilege for others...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it's not a privilege for the media to talk to him... It's part of the collective bargaining agreement that requires him to speak with the media... IOW's, he get's paid 14 million a year to do what he feels is a privilege for others...
That's not really true at all. It's not part of the CBA that he must speak to the media. There are some certain occasions, such as the SB media day, but that's really it. If he doesn't want to talk to reporters on a weekly basis, he is not required to do so by the CBA.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not really true at all. It's not part of the CBA that he must speak to the media. There are some certain occasions, such as the SB media day, but that's really it. If he doesn't want to talk to reporters on a weekly basis, he is not required to do so by the CBA.
The team has their option of who they make available during the week. But the team does have a requirement to provide so many players per week to the media. I for one could care less if we ever heard from Sherman again.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team has their option of who they make available during the week. But the team does have a requirement to provide so many players per week to the media. I for one could care less if we ever heard from Sherman again.
Ok, fair enough. I am not sure what that minimum required # is, but I think it still stands that the CBA doesn't require Sherman to speak with the media during the week.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, fair enough. I am not sure what that minimum required # is, but I think it still stands that the CBA doesn't require Sherman to speak with the media during the week.
Yeah it's only a couple players a week that the team makes available. I'm sure PC won't make Sherman one of them. I don't know the rules for on the field post game interviews? Just a free for all I think? The reporter sees who they can get someone to speak?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record, Sherman did talk to reporters this week. He just didn't hold a "press conference." He took interviews away from the podium.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would do well for the team and Sherman just to agree not to say another fucking word about this, period. And even beyond that, for Sherman to just stop talking altogether and just play better ball on the field. The team has enough problems without the distractions. They still have games to play and have a shot at winning. All this shit does is give ammunition to the opponents and all the people who already hate them anyway. They know how to get under his skin and they will use it. Playing with emotion can be a good thing if tempered properly.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

... and it's been Sherman...

... and it looks like Pete took that, "privilege" away from him this week...