• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WTF is Goodell thinking.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no right or wrong in this, only a political stance. In today's climate, people are just looking for a reason to be pissed off. This is true of all political bents. With social media it is easy to find reasons to get pissed too. I have quit worrying about such shit. No more twitter, Facebook or Instagram, and amazingly enough I am able to navigate life just fine - and with less stress.
At the end of the day, who does it really hurt if there is one anthem, two anthems or no anthem. Seriously....this has no bearing on the game.
Check the rules buddy!
No common sense allowed here!
No even tempers either
We must disagree at all times and become insulted!

Get in line!

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before 9/11 none of this was happening.

We should go back to that and stop pandering to patriotism. Most people watching aren't standing for the Anthem anyway. They're taking the chance to take a piss, or sitting in their lazy boy or at a bar drinking a beer.

It's football. A commercial venture. We don't need this shit.
I am not surprised that you would think appealing to patriotism is "pandering."

This country all came together for a short time after 9/11. I was working in the defense industry then, and all of us were pretty damn serious about our work after that. The racial bullshit started later, during and some say because of the Obama administration. The national unity after 9/11 was a positive thing, supported by the vast majority of Americans, but the devisive culture that took its place is just destructive.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This country all came together for a short time after 9/11. I was working in the defense industry then, and all of us were pretty damn serious about our work after that. The racial bullshit started later, during and some say because of the Obama administration. The national unity after 9/11 was a positive thing, supported by the vast majority of Americans, but the devisive culture that took its place is just destructive.
The way the NFL and other sports leagues did it was pandering.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would it be a bad thing to take a knee during the black anthem?

Didn’t we have this discussion last week?
I don't know far as the discussion. I didn't indulge. Playing the black anthem serves what purpose? None as far as I can see. Unless you think Goodell placating BLM is a good idea.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with @Superbelt about the pandering and I'll take it a step further. When you consider some of the hardships facing military families. Shoddy VA care, PTSD, homelessness, extended separation, military families having to get on food stamps to make ends meet. There's a whole lotta pomp and talk taking place, but not enough action and help.

And a lot of it is due to the ridiculous amount of time we spent in the Middle East and yet resolved very little if anything at all. Already there's been multiple reports of Afghan soldiers surrendering en mass to the Taliban and/or Al Queda pretty much immediately after US and allied troops pulled out of an area. And to compound that. I heard a news report claiming as many as 20,000 Aghanis that includes family members who helped the military as translators and guides etc are gonna need to be evacuated or face certain torture and death.

We've been fighting for what now in the Middle East? Since Dubya was President. some 16, 17 years, more? These military men n women need a lot more than cool commercials, flyovers before a football game, and the public telling them they have our gratitude.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this is a fuckin great idea.
Let's mix white folks drankin beer, with black folks drankin and sitting during the National Anthem, then lets play the black folks national anthem and the white folks will sit during THEIR anthem.........get yer popcorn ready!
I went to an NFL game and a UFC match broke out.......:L