• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WTF.....HOW...

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have I missed this forum!!! So...Pumpkin Head or Time Traveler Pumpkin beer....

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have I missed this forum!!! So...Pumpkin Head or Time Traveler Pumpkin beer....

Never been much on Pumpkin beer. 2 or 3 in a seasonal pack is OK..and I certainly won't throw them out, but I have never bought a sixer of that stuff.

I prefer Oktoberfest/Marzen, Brown Ale, Porter...wrt fall beers.

Welcome to the board..

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the same way sparks, although I did recently try Pumpkick from New Belgium and really liked it, the pumpkin was much more subtle than many others I've tried

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am not a fan of pumpkin beers at all, and I tend to try to avoid them at all costs. I am not a fan of Amber's either including Octoberfest/Marzen styles. Not that they are bad, but just not something I am going to go out and look for. For fall and winter I tend to go for Porter's and IIPA's, those and American Lager's get me by just fine.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and IIPA's

Ahh yes..and don't forget about Barleywines...I guess they are more of a winter beer. Growing pretty fond of that style, but they are quite $$$$.

Speaking of IPAs. Shouldn't SN-Celebration be out pretty soon..maybe late fall??

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ahh yes..and don't forget about Barleywines...I guess they are more of a winter beer. Growing pretty fond of that style, but they are quite $$$$.

Speaking of IPAs. Shouldn't SN-Celebration be out pretty soon..maybe late fall??

Late October or early November? I associate it with the holidays. But in all honesty I have no idea.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat when the pumpkin beers are around

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late October or early November? I associate it with the holidays. But in all honesty I have no idea.

I believe it comes out late October as I remember still getting a pitcher of Spaten Oktoberfest and then a pitcher of celebration right afterwards.

As far as pumpkin beer, I'll drink one if someone gives it to me or if it's a part of a seasonal variety pack but won't drink more than one at a time if there are other beers there. If it's only pumpkin and I'm dealing with certain family members then that shit gets chugged.

Last edited by a moderator:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it comes out late October as I remember still getting a pitcher of Spaten Oktoberfest and then a pitcher of celebration right afterwards.

As far as pumpkin beer, I'll drink one if someone gives it to me or if it's a part of a seasonal variety pack but won't drink more than one at a time if there are other beers there. If it's only pumpkin and I'm dealing with certain family members then that shit gets chugged.

the little rugrat cant be that bad can he? :D

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the little rugrat cant be that bad can he? :D

hahaha. I know, right 757... That is quite a vulgar tone coming from Cobra huh?? I kind of like it.

I am with you Cobra..with a 1 AND 3 year old .... sometimes I just have to run to the fridge and pound a couple..hahaha

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, not the boy fellas. Other 'adult' family members I'm sometimes forced to be around. But now that I think about it, my son just started standing up on his own at the couch so shit is about to get real in a hurry chasing him around once he starts walking, so I may be pounding a beer or two when he finally goes to sleep.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, not the boy fellas. Other 'adult' family members I'm sometimes forced to be around. But now that I think about it, my son just started standing up on his own at the couch so shit is about to get real in a hurry chasing him around once he starts walking, so I may be pounding a beer or two when he finally goes to sleep.

you'll be training him to fetch you a homebrew in no time :yahoo: