• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WR Richardson IS A REDSKIN 5 YEARS 40 MILL

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot cheaper than Jackson too

True, but wouldnt you agree, they SHOULD have gotten a replacement for Jackson last year?? After all, everyone knew the offense needed a guy like this in order to work. We didnt have one on roster aside from Jackson, and they went with two projects as projected starters.

Got to think some one should have known that was a key component of the offense.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but wouldnt you agree, they SHOULD have gotten a replacement for Jackson last year?? After all, everyone knew the offense needed a guy like this in order to work. We didnt have one on roster aside from Jackson, and they went with two projects as projected starters.

Got to think some one should have known that was a key component of the offense.

True, but they didn't forecast Reed being hurt. Plus they had high hopes for Pryor. Pryor busting was huge in this offense. I'm really happy about this signing. I think its a fair deal too considering what Wilson and Lee got. Plus Watkins got overpaid big time. At least Robinson is younger so I can see that kind of money going to him but not Watkins.

Richardson was a huge get for this team.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but they didn't forecast Reed being hurt. Plus they had high hopes for Pryor. Pryor busting was huge in this offense. I'm really happy about this signing. I think its a fair deal too considering what Wilson and Lee got. Plus Watkins got overpaid big time. At least Robinson is younger so I can see that kind of money going to him but not Watkins.

1. When has there been a season where Reed wasnt hurt??
2. The Jackson role should have been filled period.
3. Aside from disrespecting Moses by drafting Murphy and Long, is there ever a Bruce move you dont see as a HUGE get for this team??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. When has there been a season where Reed wasnt hurt??
2. The Jackson role should have been filled period.
3. Aside from disrespecting Moses by drafting Murphy and Long, is there ever a Bruce move you dont see as a HUGE get for this team??

The Bruce Allen trade down to get TM. I'm still cursing that move. As far as FA go, I have been happy who he brings in. YOu cant go into a season forecasting an injury. Reed is a big part of our offense. Im glad we waited one year to get Richardson.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bruce Allen trade down to get TM. I'm still cursing that move. As far as FA go, I have been happy who he brings in. YOu cant go into a season forecasting an injury. Reed is a big part of our offense. Im glad we waited one year to get Richardson.

If a guy gets injured every year, you cant go into the season expecting him to magically stay healthy. Its why we resigned Davis AND drafted Sprinkle.

I have noticed a pattern with Bruce and FA's, he targets guys with a history of injury or coming off injury. Maybe because they tend to be cheaper. But the McBoys as you call them, had a history coming in. This WR.. same deal.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a guy gets injured every year, you cant go into the season expecting him to magically stay healthy. Its why we resigned Davis AND drafted Sprinkle.

I have noticed a pattern with Bruce and FA's, he targets guys with a history of injury or coming off injury. Maybe because they tend to be cheaper. But the McBoys as you call them, had a history coming in. This WR.. same deal.

Sprinkle was added b/c we weren't resigning Paul. Plus Gruden wanted a blocking TE and Sprinkle can catch. I take Richardson over Wilson and Lee any day of the week. Plus he is cheaper than the other two. That was a great deal what we got him for in FA. We need a deep threat and we got it. You cant blame Bruce on this one.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't care for Richardson it is going to be a bad signing he is not very good

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson was the best deep threat out there and we got him. Im happy. Should open up the offense.

I've always liked, this guy. I wanted us to draft him in 2014. Of course, one of a few others on my draft board, which included Martavis Bryant. I cannot fault Paul Richardson for only catching 44 passes. It is not, like both, he, Doug Baldwin and Jimmy Graham, would successfully, catch 80 balls a piece. Hell! Doug Baldwin caught 75 balls and Jimmy Graham, caught 57 balls. What I do like about Paul Richardson, is his knack for catching the long-ball and making spectacular catches.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shark! I believe we all were hoping Terrelle Pryor would grow on his 75-catch 1,000+ yard season, which he had for the Browns in 2016. Not to mention, hoping Josh Doctson would have more of an impact, which he made some great catches, but had some unnecessary drops, too.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark! I believe we all were hoping Terrelle Pryor would grow on his 75-catch 1,000+ yard season, which he had for the Browns in 2016. Not to mention, hoping Josh Doctson would have more of an impact, which he made some great catches, but had some unnecessary drops, too.

I get that. But again its about fit.

Pryor had a good year, playing with a bunch of QBs with a tendency to break the pocket and he made alot of his yards on what were otherwise busted plays.

We snagged him and put him in a system that requires timing and precise routes... not his strong suite.... aka a project at the time.
Doctson had played what, all of 4 games... missed most of his rookie season on IR... another project.

So NOW... we just signed a deep threat, but we have a QB known more for dink and dunk ball control and NOT pushing it down the field aside from last year.

See what Im getting at?

Good signing.. sure.

Slam Dunk Dean wants to make it out to be..... TBD

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. But again its about fit.

Pryor had a good year, playing with a bunch of QBs with a tendency to break the pocket and he made alot of his yards on what were otherwise busted plays.

We snagged him and put him in a system that requires timing and precise routes... not his strong suite.... aka a project at the time.
Doctson had played what, all of 4 games... missed most of his rookie season on IR... another project.

So NOW... we just signed a deep threat, but we have a QB known more for dink and dunk ball control and NOT
pushing it down the field aside from last year.

See what Im getting at?

I believe we are still screwed at the Wideout position I just don't care for Richardson

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM detecting a theme here with the whole

It was the best option we had.

For the FA WR market he was the best option. Why? b/c Robinson and Watkins got overpaid. We were never in that market. IMO he was the best out there for us. Gabirel was also on my radar but he signed with the Bears. IF we lost out on Richardson and Gabirel then we would have to look at eh draft and Ridley would come into play at pick #13.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are going to take a risk take it with youth , but i am not going to stand here and say shark doesnt have a huge , huge point

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are going to take a risk take it with youth , but i am not going to stand here and say shark doesnt have a huge , huge point
Skinsdad- I wasn't able to keep up today with being at work. Outside of Richardson (WR) and having DRC and Mo Wilk visit, what else have you read or heard? Thanks!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

<just shaking my head, just shaking my head>

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad- I wasn't able to keep up today with being at work. Outside of Richardson (WR) and having DRC and Mo Wilk visit, what else have you read or heard? Thanks!
that sheldon richardson is on our radar and may sign soon

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Staying with that injury theme you mentioned. Wasn't Doctson seriously injured in college?

Projects don't get drafted in the first round. As I recall the Doctson was universally lauded as a damn good to borderline great pick. As SkinsFan said he made some great catches, but also dropped far too many passes as well. And not of the variety that he dropped against KC which would've been a great catch. I'm talking regular catches. I still have hope for Doctson though. I think all the necessary ingredients are there for him to be a better than decent #1 WR. perhaps even more.