• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you make this trade ?

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell yes if the QB is sitting there you want that is a pretty good trade

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It depends b/c we will be getting an extra 3rd round pick b/c of KC. So we will have two 3rd round picks this year. Plus it depends who the target Qb is. It looks like Lock and Jones will be the top two targets for our team.

FWIW giving up a 3rd round pick to land our franchise QB is nothing. I haven't researched the QB's in the draft but I cant see how Murray is a top 10 pick when Lamar Jackson who is basically the same player got picked with the last pick in the 1st round.

FA will dictate what we do in the draft.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree that Murray is basically the same as Lamar Jackson. Murray is much more accomplished in terms of mechanics & playing the QB position in or out of the pocket (pocket awareness, accuracy, field vision, etc.).

They both are athletic & have a strong arm. Jackson obviously still has a ways to go in terms of the passing game (as evidenced by his very limited amt of passes). For Murray the biggest concern is his size - not necessarily his ability to play the position. Hard to tell how he will pan out eventually. Wish him the best wherever he goes.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FA will dictate what we do in the draft.

It shouldn't. Given their limited cap space who in the world can they even consider as a FA QB? It will not be someone who can lead them long term. Whoever they draft (assuming it is relatively high) should be someone that can be the long term answer at QB. If they believe that person doesn't exist at their spot in this draft then wait till next offseason. However they need to avoid the temptation to throw a bunch of $$ at some FA QB this offseason. This will only compound their current problems.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree that Murray is basically the same as Lamar Jackson. Murray is much more accomplished in terms of mechanics & playing the QB position in or out of the pocket (pocket awareness, accuracy, field vision, etc.).

They both are athletic & have a strong arm. Jackson obviously still has a ways to go in terms of the passing game (as evidenced by his very limited amt of passes). For Murray the biggest concern is his size - not necessarily his ability to play the position. Hard to tell how he will pan out eventually. Wish him the best wherever he goes.

Murray is not even close to Mike Vick. So who do you compare him too? Wilson? Which was a 3rd round pick RG3? It looks like the Murray hype will make him a top 10 pick. Which will help us.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't. Given their limited cap space who in the world can they even consider as a FA QB? It will not be someone who can lead them long term. Whoever they draft (assuming it is relatively high) should be someone that can be the long term answer at QB. If they believe that person doesn't exist at their spot in this draft then wait till next offseason. However they need to avoid the temptation to throw a bunch of $$ at some FA QB this offseason. This will only compound their current problems.

If Foles goes the Jags and Tanny goes to the Giants then FA will dictate how the QBs will fall in the draft. FA always has an impact in the draft.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Foles goes the Jags and Tanny goes to the Giants then FA will dictate how the QBs will fall in the draft. FA always has an impact in the draft.

That is fair enough - I agree in that respect. I just hope that the Redskins don't throw a bunch of $$ at some FA QB (none really good enough now - Foles could be the exception but Eagles are not letting him go to DC - wouldn't want him anyhow at his likely price).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray is not even close to Mike Vick. So who do you compare him too? Wilson? Which was a 3rd round pick RG3? It looks like the Murray hype will make him a top 10 pick. Which will help us.

Not comparing him to anyone - he is relatively unique. Just saying that he doesn't really compare to Jackson. Jackson was almost all about the run this season. If Murray takes the field next season he would be relied upon to pass quite a bit.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not comparing him to anyone - he is relatively unique. Just saying that he doesn't really compare to Jackson. Jackson was almost all about the run this season. If Murray takes the field next season he would be relied upon to pass quite a bit.

Jackson had big passing numbers in college too. They are the same type of QB. Read my new post is explains why we shouldn't be worried about getting a rookie qb

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson had big passing numbers in college too. They are the same type of QB. Read my new post is explains why we shouldn't be worried about getting a rookie qb

It is not about passing yds in college. There are lots of ways of racking up passing yds in college & scoring pts that flat out don't apply to the NFL. Murray is hands down better in the passing game then Jackson - at least at this pt. A lot more fundamentally sound as a QB - unlike Jackson or RG3 for that matter.

As for not getting a rookie - let me read your post. However - like I stated before - they must do this either this offseason or next. I am hoping that your post includes the notion that if they don't draft a QB high in this draft they will need to do so in the next draft.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think there are 4 qbs who can start year one in this draft , lock jones haskins and murray

then you have stidham , and rypien as solid backups