• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would You make This Trade

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never accept a trade that was conditioned on the Raiders making the playoffs. No QB alone can do that. You might as well just write off those conditional picks.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never accept a trade that was conditioned on the Raiders making the playoffs. No QB alone can do that. You might as well just write off those conditional picks.

Whole point of the conditional pick is this. Lets say the Raiders take KC and give us Pryor and a conditional third... now if they tank that 3rd might be some where around pick 105. If they make the playoffs, that just became pick 125, if its a conditional 2nd based on them making the playoffs... well our pick just became some where in the 78 range. So either way, the best pick we get is 78, worst is 105.

Without the condition, best pick we can get is 105 ish, and the worst 125 or so. So if we did the deal, I would rather it be a 3rd with condition of it bumping to a 2nd if the Raiders make the playoffs.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade KC for Pryor and a conditional alone. That makes no sense.

I would trade KC for a second or third and a conditional pick in the following draft.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i answered the question honestly i just wasnt going to be railroaded into a position under false pretenses

no one sees KC as that kind of qb at this time most are still scathing from the flyn's and kolb's of the world

based on what i have seen of him on the field i see him as a 3rd rounder .

I wasn't railroading you. If you are the other team and you don't believe KC is that guy, it doesn't hurt you to throw that conditional pick in. If you are the other team and you believe KC is possibly that guy...and you believe a player that meets those conditions are worth that pick then it makes sense to make those conditions.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't railroading you. If you are the other team and you don't believe KC is that guy, it doesn't hurt you to throw that conditional pick in. If you are the other team and you believe KC is possibly that guy...and you believe a player that meets those conditions are worth that pick then it makes sense to make those conditions.

the most i give is a 3rd period . no way i throw in a conditional 1st or 2nd it would be a straight 3rd and maybe i throw in a conditional mid rounder

he aint worth anymore . not when i can go to the draft board and pull a a carr or fales out

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather have McGloin then Pryor plus a pick for Cousins.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta keep Kirk Cousins........Let's see what he and RGIII can do with an NFL caliber OL, a less injury prone TE or two, and an upgrade at WRers to play with. Who knows?? His stock just might go up again.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta keep Kirk Cousins........Let's see what he and RGIII can do with an NFL caliber OL, a less injury prone TE or two, and an upgrade at WRers to play with. Who knows?? His stock just might go up again.

his stock isnt going up

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his stock isnt going up

Poor Kirk, even if the team upgrades at WR, OL, and TE, and he submerges himself in his physical and mental preparations and blossoms under this new system, his stock isn't going up because he's doomed to play no better than he did the last 3 games of this past season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Kirk, even if the team upgrades at WR, OL, and TE, and he submerges himself in his physical and mental preparations and blossoms under this new system, his stock isn't going up because he's doomed to play no better than he did the last 3 games of this past season.

his stock isnt going up because of the contract ending not his play :suds:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way the Skins should do this. No way I would do it.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at this from the Raiders view. They have tried several times to obtain a QB from another team without much luck. Their best bet is to probably develop their own QB (obviously no guarantees but that is probably the best route). Given their best history I would feel that they would be very reluctant to make this type of trade unless they have to give up next to nothing.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his stock isnt going up because of the contract ending not his play :suds:

It is extremely likely that he'll prove himself to the new coach and be extended prior to the end of his contract. A smart move especially if the team makes it clear to him that they place great value in his role but will be willing to trade him to a team that meets that value based on his play going forward. Kirk is not stupid and neither is this team.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no guarantee that the Redskins will ever get an offer for Kirk that they deem meets his value. No way Kirk does this. If he lasts through his original contract here, he will test the FA waters to find a team in need of a starting QB where he can compete. Only way he stays here is if RG3 suffers another devastating injury or he doesn't pan out and the skins turn to Cousins.