• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would Broncos trade Miller ?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I am wrong, but Denver can't trade Von if he has not yet signed the FT.

Most likely if a trade happens it will be with Von's side agreeing to the trade since he wants to get a long-term deal done so he would sign his FT then the team would trade him. Any team doing that though owes the Broncos 2 1st round picks so it would be hard to find any takers.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think wrong then. Signing bonus' are spread evely over five years, meaning 40m signing bonus' count 8M per year against the cap for 5 years.

But he still gets the money up front, correct ?...The cap is as boring as watching a caterpillar crawl across the Bay Bridge for me....I look at the team balance and when all your good guys are signed and you still have 12 mil +, I'm feelin pretty good about it......
:yes:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he still gets the money up front, correct ?...The cap is as boring as watching a caterpillar crawl across the Bay Bridge for me....I look at the team balance and when all your good guys are signed and you still have 12 mil +, I'm feelin pretty good about it......

See that is the problem is you are looking at this so short sighted. With the Cap anybody that knows something about it will tell you that you can't just look at this year but you need to be looking 2-3 years out and what players need to be re-signed or brought in to boost certain positions and such. So while yes you have $12 million still left this year you only have an estimated $11 million for next year. So that means you can't hardly bring in anybody or even re-sign anybody without having to try and move money around and cut players. it is why they had to re-do Flacco's deal because when they first signed him they made it very team friendly up front but because of so much guaranteed money it was impossible to cut him setting up a restructure 3 years in to the point that they again are trying to push the money making the next few years very tight with the cap making it hard to better the team by anything but the draft. Pretty much the Ravens are depending on the draft more heavily than most of the other teams in the league for them to stay competitive. Doesn't mean they can't stay competitive but that is putting a lot of your eggs into one basket moving forward.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he gets to bonus up front but it is split over the contract upto five years for cap purposes, otherwise his cap for the first year would have been 40M and the Ravens would have been fined for cap violations. No one here has givin you false information on Flaccos cap numbers but foe some reason you refuse to acknowledge it.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he gets to bonus up front but it is split over the contract upto five years for cap purposes, otherwise his cap for the first year would have been 40M and the Ravens would have been fined for cap violations. No one here has givin you false information on Flaccos cap numbers but foe some reason you refuse to acknowledge it.

I haven't researched it, just listened to locals talk about it and determined that no matter, we're in better shape than if we didn't extend his contract....And he is a very good qb....So as long as we're in good shape, why should the fans care....I doubt anyone really understands the totality of these complex contracts anyway...I'm too old to give a hoot anyway !!! :D

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't researched it, just listened to locals talk about it and determined that no matter, we're in better shape than if we didn't extend his contract....And he is a very good qb....So as long as we're in good shape, why should the fans care....I doubt anyone really understands the totality of these complex contracts anyway...I'm too old to give a hoot anyway !!! :D

There are plenty of websites out there ran by people who used to do these contracts for a living that break it down for us common folk to understand. That is why we can find the year by year break down of Flacco's contract and even see what parts play into it like guaranteed money, signing bonus, dead money, base salary, work out bonuses and such. Not hard to find this information. These contracts are not as complicated as you try to make them sound.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of websites out there ran by people who used to do these contracts for a living that break it down for us common folk to understand. That is why we can find the year by year break down of Flacco's contract and even see what parts play into it like guaranteed money, signing bonus, dead money, base salary, work out bonuses and such. Not hard to find this information. These contracts are not as complicated as you try to make them sound.

If they weren't complicated, anyone could become an agent and become wealthy in a hurry....
I spend enough time on football, I have other interests that are actually gainful....
I love me some football though....:yes:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they weren't complicated, anyone could become an agent and become wealthy in a hurry....
I spend enough time on football, I have other interests that are actually gainful....
I love me some football though....:yes:

Oh figuring out the details of the contract between agent and team is complicated. They are working from a blank sheet where we get to see the finished product and dissect it. Like I said there are plenty of sites out there that are very credible when it comes to breaking down contracts and showing the year by year break down of a contract and showing the estimated cap space this year and the years moving forward. They are usually within a few hundred thousand of the actual numbers that teams are working with so while it isn't perfect it is darn near close to that of understanding the different contracts. Check out sites like overthecap.com or spotrac.com or rotoworld.com breaks down the contracts as well. You can compare from the different sites and while they might have a little different here and there for the most part they are very close to agreeing and then it does line up with the actual NFLPA's website that shows contracts as well that is closer to actually being the official number. Like I said this isn't rocket science. Easy to see the break downs.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh figuring out the details of the contract between agent and team is complicated. They are working from a blank sheet where we get to see the finished product and dissect it. Like I said there are plenty of sites out there that are very credible when it comes to breaking down contracts and showing the year by year break down of a contract and showing the estimated cap space this year and the years moving forward. They are usually within a few hundred thousand of the actual numbers that teams are working with so while it isn't perfect it is darn near close to that of understanding the different contracts. Check out sites like overthecap.com or spotrac.com or rotoworld.com breaks down the contracts as well. You can compare from the different sites and while they might have a little different here and there for the most part they are very close to agreeing and then it does line up with the actual NFLPA's website that shows contracts as well that is closer to actually being the official number. Like I said this isn't rocket science. Easy to see the break downs.

10-4 Over and out....Oldschool has left the building...:cool:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-4 Over and out....Oldschool has left the building...:cool:

Sorry if you haven't caught on I am a numbers guy so I honestly love the FO work just as much as the work on the field. I love seeing the break down of contracts and how a team delegates their cap money throughout the roster and see how the top teams do it compared to the bottom teams in the league. You can quickly begin to see why some teams stay on top even with things being on a level playing field because they just know how to use their money better than other teams. You look at these teams that just continue to try and push the bucket down the road and see that year in and year out they struggle to stay competitive because they are having to change contracts left and right just to make this year work which jeopardizes future seasons and so on. So yeah I love the behind the scenes work just as much as what we see on the field as really how that is all done does effect the play on the field just as much as the work done on the practice field and in the film room.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take into account his geographical region:drool:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take into account his geographical region:drool:

Haha sorry I forgot using other websites outside of this one to prove a point is not allowed. All football knowledge must only be found on sportshoopla or it is invalid.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha sorry I forgot using other websites outside of this one to prove a point is not allowed. All football knowledge must only be found on sportshoopla or it is invalid.

Umm...I'm pretty sure he was making a juvenile insult towards the city of Baltimore.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm...I'm pretty sure he was making a juvenile insult towards the city of Baltimore.

And I was commenting towards one example of that (from you) where you got after me for using outside websites to prove a point. Easy to search these days and easy to check the validity of sites as well.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I was commenting towards one example of that (from you) where you got after me for using outside websites to prove a point. Easy to search these days and easy to check the validity of sites as well.

When you are aligning yourself with NW. A simple "Baltimore sucks" will suffice.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are aligning yourself with NW. A simple "Baltimore sucks" will suffice.

Sorry I will remember that from now on. All I did was show Oldschool how easy it is to actually view contract details of every single player in the NFL from multiple sites so you don't just have to lock onto one but can compare and contrast. He admitted that he doesn't understand contracts very well in the NFL but for a while continued to try and argue that he did.

And yes I put in a quick jab at you for getting after for me googling something that took me just a couple of minutes to find the information needed to clear up a disagreement. Again remember humor is allowed on this board.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I will remember that from now on. All I did was show Oldschool how easy it is to actually view contract details of every single player in the NFL from multiple sites so you don't just have to lock onto one but can compare and contrast. He admitted that he doesn't understand contracts very well in the NFL but for a while continued to try and argue that he did.

And yes I put in a quick jab at you for getting after for me googling something that took me just a couple of minutes to find the information needed to clear up a disagreement. Again remember humor is allowed on this board.

My point was not with the time it took to find something saying Baltimore is more violent than Denver. It's common knowledge and has no need of proof. I would not Google something about the earth not being flat. I'm sure it wouldn't take very long, but that's not the point.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was not with the time it took to find something saying Baltimore is more violent than Denver. It's common knowledge and has no need of proof. I would not Google something about the earth not being flat. I'm sure it wouldn't take very long, but that's not the point.

I was trying to find specific numbers to get the point across since Oldschool seemed so locked on bringing up Columbine to prove how terrible Colorado is as a state. For some reason there were about 3 shooting incidents that for him showed the entire state had lost their mind when mentioning nothing of what was happening in Baltimore. To me that is just like the media where they latch on to one terrible incident to try and condemn all people. Such as not all gun owners go and do a mass shooting but by pointing out how guns were a part of a mass shooting and should be gone seems to quickly become the story line. Or this last week where the black lives matter movement has had some voices speaking that the country needs to get rid of all cops across the country because they abuse their power. Well no not all cops abuse their power and use excessive force. Maybe a few bad apples but can't use those few bad apples to condemn everybody just like Oldschool tried to do by a few incidents towards the state of Colorado.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to find specific numbers to get the point across since Oldschool seemed so locked on bringing up Columbine to prove how terrible Colorado is as a state. For some reason there were about 3 shooting incidents that for him showed the entire state had lost their mind when mentioning nothing of what was happening in Baltimore. To me that is just like the media where they latch on to one terrible incident to try and condemn all people. Such as not all gun owners go and do a mass shooting but by pointing out how guns were a part of a mass shooting and should be gone seems to quickly become the story line. Or this last week where the black lives matter movement has had some voices speaking that the country needs to get rid of all cops across the country because they abuse their power. Well no not all cops abuse their power and use excessive force. Maybe a few bad apples but can't use those few bad apples to condemn everybody just like Oldschool tried to do by a few incidents towards the state of Colorado.

OS will defend Baltimore to his last breath. He's truly old school Baltimore through and through. It doesn't matter how many articles you google. It's a pointless exercise, unless you are simply enjoying it (which I didn't take into account).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OS will defend Baltimore to his last breath. He's truly old school Baltimore through and through. It doesn't matter how many articles you google. It's a pointless exercise, unless you are simply enjoying it (which I didn't take into account).

Like I said it didn't take all that much time to google what I posted. So not really a big deal even with knowing Oldschool would just continue to respond with Memes. I spend a great deal of time doing research for work so I've got a pretty darn good system set up for looking up things very quickly and being able to speed read through information to find pertinent facts.