• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst to First - 2022 Season Prediction

Go from last to first in their division?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the Jaguars winning the AFC South.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with no one.

If I had to bet, it would be the Ravens and my longer shot bet would be the Broncos

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Jackson does have that MVP season that kinda looms over everything else. We've seen Cam Newton and Matt Ryan throw down MVP seasons and then just be QBs the rest of their career. Jackson's offensive supporting cast imo is roughly on par with what Mahomes has. A star TE, a couple of potentially good olinemen mixed in with some okay linemen and some receivers that dont immediately look like game changers.

I don't know if Lamar can take that offense and consistently win games in the regular season in a good division, tbh. I think the Ravens defense will dictate how far they go. Its where a lot of the Ravens resources are currently. 2nd in 2018 in PPG defense. 3rd in 2019. 1st in 2020. 18th in 2021. If I'm predicting the Ravens returning, it probably involves a top 3 defense.
I'm not as down on Jackson as some folks appear to be. However, he won an MVP with a creative, run-heavy offense. When the Bengals played them in the first game last year, I thought Jackson showed some nifty throws from the pocket, but his best threat down field was Hollywood Brown and I don't consider him a top-end talent. Now, they don't even have him. I think if Lamar is ever going to show more in the passing game, he needs more than an elite tight end. And yes, I get that supporting cast might be similar to Mahomes supporting cast.... But Mahomes is in a different category and Andy Reid is a better offensive coach than anything they have in Baltimore. The reason why I think Baltimore will continue to consistently win in the regular season has to do with Harbaugh and the structure of the team. They are really good at staying consistent and they get a lot out of their talent. They also never lose on special teams. Just a tough out at all times.... Even last year when they were playing guys off the street they almost upset the Rams and basically lost 4 or 5 games in the last second.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bmore the most realistic option. as good a chance as anyone in that division IMO.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as down on Jackson as some folks appear to be. However, he won an MVP with a creative, run-heavy offense. When the Bengals played them in the first game last year, I thought Jackson showed some nifty throws from the pocket, but his best threat down field was Hollywood Brown and I don't consider him a top-end talent. Now, they don't even have him. I think if Lamar is ever going to show more in the passing game, he needs more than an elite tight end. And yes, I get that supporting cast might be similar to Mahomes supporting cast.... But Mahomes is in a different category and Andy Reid is a better offensive coach than anything they have in Baltimore. The reason why I think Baltimore will continue to consistently win in the regular season has to do with Harbaugh and the structure of the team. They are really good at staying consistent and they get a lot out of their talent. They also never lose on special teams. Just a tough out at all times.... Even last year when they were playing guys off the street they almost upset the Rams and basically lost 4 or 5 games in the last second.
You're mentioning the regular season as a qualifier but with the way the AFC looks right now...its kinda all playoff games. I personally didnt see a huge difference between when the Chiefs played the Bengals in the regular season and when the Chiefs played the Bengals to try and make the Super Bowl. Both games seemed equally epic and followed a similar pattern. There is a really, really good chance that playoff Lamar Jackson is just Lamar Jackson from here on out. Unless he steps up his game, I do think he is the third best QB in the AFC North (assuming Watson gets cleared) and at that point its really about the Ravens winning the way the Ravens traditionally have always won - having their defense and STs put the fear of god in teams.

If Lamar Jackson steps his game up, the Ravens immediately get put in the NFLs top tier.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're mentioning the regular season as a qualifier but with the way the AFC looks right now...its kinda all playoff games. I personally didnt see a huge difference between when the Chiefs played the Bengals in the regular season and when the Chiefs played the Bengals to try and make the Super Bowl. Both games seemed equally epic and followed a similar pattern. There is a really, really good chance that playoff Lamar Jackson is just Lamar Jackson from here on out. Unless he steps up his game, I do think he is the third best QB in the AFC North (assuming Watson gets cleared) and at that point its really about the Ravens winning the way the Ravens traditionally have always won - having their defense and STs put the fear of god in teams.

If Lamar Jackson steps his game up, the Ravens immediately get put in the NFLs top tier.
Fair points..... The AFC has some serious power this season. But the Ravens do have games against the Jets, Giants, Falcons, Saints, Panthers, and Jags this season. So, even with all that power, the Ravens will have a few layups.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair points..... The AFC has some serious power this season. But the Ravens do have games against the Jets, Giants, Falcons, Saints, Panthers, and Jags this season. So, even with all that power, the Ravens will have a few layups.
Yeah...3 last place teams on the schedule does pretty much lock in at least 1 worst to first every year probably. The odds of multiple teams in that list being great are slim but the odds of one of them being great are pretty good

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is where we stand now... Probably won't end up this way but here's an update...

Jet's & Giants flirting w/ 1st... Ravens & Seahawks are in 1st...

1666629821885.png 1666629870381.png