• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst thing about Missing the playoffs

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may never see a Special Teams squad like that ever again and we wasted it.

Thanks Mark Sanchez and you shitty cornerbacks.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may never see a Special Teams squad like that ever again and we wasted it.

Thanks Mark Sanchez and you shitty cornerbacks.

The Eagles had no shot winning the superbowl. Not making the playoffs may be a blessing because it moves us up in the draft.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys won? :noidea:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's over

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less ammo needed to move up. :suds:

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10868274_724761644286886_5887505025236125222_n.jpg

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny, sad but true

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pissed off about everything...starting from the draft. I wanted Bradley Roby for us, a CB with the speed and shut down ability we so desperately needed.I didn't undertsand why we didn't draft Roby, I thought he was perhaps the safest pick in the draft, a CB that could fly and hit like a truck and a special teams demon....That is a safe pick! At worst you have a Safety! We all knew we need 2 Cb's and a Safety...We all knew it! Why the fuck wasn't it addressed? Look I don't doubt Chip Kelly is a brilliant man, but damn, Stevie Wonder could see these 3 positions needed to be addressed in this draft.
Deone Buchanon was drafted right after our pick, he had a huge rookie year, my boy Bradley Roby is in the running for defensive Rookie of the year...That is a huge mistake!!! We had Trent Cole, and we had Brandon Graham we had at least decent players playing ROLB we didn't need to reach a full rd for an OLB we had no CB's worth a damn and we only had 1 decent safety. How much would Roby or Buchanon have helped us this year? Those are huge mistakes even the best of coaches can not overcome....TALENT.....we lack it in key positions.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odell Beckham must be creaming his pants right now thinking about facing the Eagles secondary.

I did not want to think about that until AFTER Christmas... thanks for ruining the holidays for me....

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pissed off about everything...starting from the draft. I wanted Bradley Roby for us, a CB with the speed and shut down ability we so desperately needed.I didn't undertsand why we didn't draft Roby, I thought he was perhaps the safest pick in the draft, a CB that could fly and hit like a truck and a special teams demon....That is a safe pick! At worst you have a Safety! We all knew we need 2 Cb's and a Safety...We all knew it! Why the fuck wasn't it addressed? Look I don't doubt Chip Kelly is a brilliant man, but damn, Stevie Wonder could see these 3 positions needed to be addressed in this draft.
Deone Buchanon was drafted right after our pick, he had a huge rookie year, my boy Bradley Roby is in the running for defensive Rookie of the year...That is a huge mistake!!! We had Trent Cole, and we had Brandon Graham we had at least decent players playing ROLB we didn't need to reach a full rd for an OLB we had no CB's worth a damn and we only had 1 decent safety. How much would Roby or Buchanon have helped us this year? Those are huge mistakes even the best of coaches can not overcome....TALENT.....we lack it in key positions.

(1) At the time of the draft we had no idea whether we actually had two decent OLB's. There were serious doubts at the time about Cole, let alone about Graham. Yes, they were very pleasant surprised (for most of) this season, making the Smith pick redundant...

(2) We do not know where the Eagles had some of these ranked on the draft board, and where others teams had Roby and Buchanon, and to what extent they reached. It is by now well known that the Eagles had all their prime targets taken away just before they picked - including Clinton-Dix. You know, how they had bad luck with Russel Wilson being picked out from under their nose

(3) We do not know what the rebuilding program for the defense was/is - perhaps the idea was to fix the front-seven first (you know, the trenches), and the secondary thereafter.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I (and others) have said... the defense needs to be fixed, but Davis has to go. He said after previous losses, that he didn't consider replacing fFetcher, because he can't play the dime position. Well, in the 4th quarter, he finally did move him, and Carroll played the LCB spot, and that's when they also gave him safety help, and Nate (the not so great), made the interception. What a genius. Chip has to replace Davis, that's all there is to it!

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I (and others) have said... the defense needs to be fixed, but Davis has to go. He said after previous losses, that he didn't consider replacing fFetcher, because he can't play the dime position. Well, in the 4th quarter, he finally did move him, and Carroll played the LCB spot, and that's when they also gave him safety help, and Nate (the not so great), made the interception. What a genius. Chip has to replace Davis, that's all there is to it!

Yes, I probably would have benched Fletcher earlier, but even then, as soon as there would be a dime formation, Fletcher would be back on the outside - as happened last night.

And - AGAIN!! - it is not as if Fletcher had not been given help these past few games. As Davis stated - and I have yet to see this disputed - against Dallas, they gave Fletcher help 50% or so of the time. But as soon as they gave Fletcher safety help, Romo went to Witten and killed us there... I would not be surprised to see something like that happened against Washington as well...

You know, QB read 1: Fletcher single, throw it to him; if not, read 2 is whoever is going over the middle (TE or slot WR). Guaranteed success.