• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst fear in camp...

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always worry about this... Jeremy Maclin tears acl and probably done for the year...In 7 on 7 non-contact drill not even in pads yet..Stay healthy Rams...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Mikey728. I see that you made it over to the Rams pages. Do you remember the rules post I had you read? Good if you do. If you don't, let me know.

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must admit that I don't remember...Have I screwed up already ???

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops... My bad, Retroram...I went back and remembered that I had read what you posted...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always worry about this... Jeremy Maclin tears acl and probably done for the year...In 7 on 7 non-contact drill not even in pads yet..Stay healthy Rams...

unfortunate about Maclin.

Mikey, I see you're from Medford. WELCOME to the Hoop sir. What a beautiful city down South there.

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Ducks..We just relocated to Medford in April after 35 years in Anchorage..The heat is a new experience for us, but as I tell my friends in the frozen tundra: I don't have to shovel heat...I may be able to follow the Ducks except when they play the maroon and gold from my home town area for the first 17 years of my life... I love Medford to this point..I have my brother here and my wife's brother and her parents live in Shady Cove...I have been a Ram fan since my youth in the very late 50's and went to my first game in 1964, the time of Gabriel, Dick Bass et al...Unitas to John Mackey for 80 and a TD on the 1st play from scrimmage kind of ruined the ambience, but it was great..I'm RAMbling, sorry..

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. You get plenty of Ram games here in Oregon because of the NFC West. If it ain't the Seahawks on FOX it is the Rams.

As far as Medford goes, enjoy the heat now.....Because rain will soon to follow. Although Medford is definitely more dry than Portland/Metro area, it gets its fair share of rain, but the rain pays off in the Spring/Summer months when you get the beautiful scenery.

Visit Crater Lake yet? That is a MUST. Also take a short few hour trip up to Bend, stay a weekend in SunRiver and enjoy the outdoors.

Although climate might be different from Anchorage, I am sure you will find Oregon offers plenty of the same outdoor enjoyments as Alaska.

Blazer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Mikey ! Great talking to you last week and hope to talk to you more here.

Dick Bass ! Damn you have been around awhile!

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always fear losing a key player in the pre-season and this happened in practice. You really just have to hope that team can stay healthy even though injuries are bound to happen.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Mikey728. No man you did not screw up. I was sending you a reminder just so you are on the same page with the rest of us. And as Blue eluded to in his post, we have the 50+ years club here on the Rams pages.

It is open to selection of those fans who have followed the Rams for 50+ years. Presently there are four members: BluePigPen, Silas, Smed55, and myself. So, I will confer with the other members and we will probably be offering you an invitation soon. Before that occurs, we will need to know just a few things.

As you already stated, you went to your first game in 1964. Is that correct? If so, when did you first follow the Rams like on T.V. or in print? For example, I started reading magazines and following the Rams on T.V in 1961-62. I saw them play against Philadelphia much later in 1966. So, you get the picture.

Next. Who was the first owner of the LA Rams? Lastly, who is the player in Blue's avatar and who was the QB he played with? If you can answer those questions, you have completed the first step in selection to our exclusive club.

Thanks, Mikey728 and I am sure you'll be our next member.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Blazer and J-Rod. I see that you are new here on the Rams pages. Welcome. I am one of the modulators (Mods) here and I have some info for you that will assist and enhance your experience here on the SportsHoopla. Please read the following and let me know that you have.

Once you get past the 25 post mark in posts, additional benefits are available to you and they will be found in the same "UserCP" menu bar at the top of this page on the left.

Here are a few rules that are non-negotiable and they are as follows.

We don't take kindly to trollin' (which I am sure you are not) and we don't like a-holes either (of which I am sure you are not). Nudity in avitars is unacceptable. You can put scantly clad ladies in your avi's but no nudes.

Any unnecessary and unwarranted baiting of other posters through viscous personal attacks that become a pattern of behavior that is not conducive to fair sports talk banter WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. We have a few cantankerous folks here but by and large they engage in passionate delivery of their points of view and do not engage in personal attacks that are viscous. We all love the Rams as I'm sure you do as well.

You can argue all you want and you can can get aggressive with your point of view including swearing, but when that aggression turns toward personal attacks that are excessive and outside of the topic at hand and become a consistent pattern of behavior, you will first receive a warning and your posts maybe edited. After the first warning, if the behavior continues you will be removed from this site. We're are all adults here. I am not in the business of baby sitting anyone.

Also, this rule is SportsHoopla-wide, Alternative names and accounts or ALt's are not TOLERATED. First offense, banishment. Hammer Down doesn't tolerate this AT ALL and neither do I. If you have any questions or comments, you know where to find me.

Once again, Blazer and A-Rod, Welcome to the Rams pages and the best damn Sports talk site on the web bar none!!.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an error post for Mikey728. I made a grave error in reporting the members of the 50+club. There are indeed five. The fifth is none other than the extraordinary and always astute member, Vitamike. My error.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maclin, Pitta, and now Dan Koppen. Three high caliber starters out for season. Stay healthy Rams.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey PhilliesRamsSuns. Glad to see you made it over to the Rams pages!!

Blazer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha Retro , I will be a 50 year guy next year Geez I'm old !

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent. Not old; just a guy with age and treachery that beats youth and angst any day! Hopefully, we will all be here and looking forward to nominating you to the exclusive club here on the SportsHoopla Rams pages.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an error post for Mikey728. I made a grave error in reporting the members of the 50+club. There are indeed five. The fifth is none other than the extraordinary and always astute member, Vitamike. My error.

Awe shucks! :suds: