• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst Baseball Game Ever.....

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and a trade is very possible but what team is going to give up a #1 and how much of our quality minor league players is it going to cost?

#1 is simply a rotation slot ... and what their agents and fans pin on them. They don't come with a guarrantee. FA is not the only way to acquire a pitcher.

Some folks focus only on the names they recognize and think that they ought to be who TEX ought to go after ... when if you dig into it even just a little bit you find out that what TEX has at Round Rock is better potential of being that guy.

Given JD's ability to dig through what scouts report you never know who he might find out there who is available that is also ready to breakout.

TEX is probably willing to offer CJ a pretty good opportunity to return ... but I don't think they offer him ~$80m for five or whatever it was that was being kicked around. During the post season he regressed to those days when Frankie was the better and more reliable closer.

If you want the #1 spot ... and big #1 pay ... you have to win post season games ... AND fight for the ball to start Game 7. If Carpenter was able to return ... there is no reason why CJ couldn't have.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 is simply a rotation slot ... and what their agents and fans pin on them. They don't come with a guarrantee. FA is not the only way to acquire a pitcher.

Some folks focus only on the names they recognize and think that they ought to be who TEX ought to go after ... when if you dig into it even just a little bit you find out that what TEX has at Round Rock is better potential of being that guy.

Given JD's ability to dig through what scouts report you never know who he might find out there who is available that is also ready to breakout.

TEX is probably willing to offer CJ a pretty good opportunity to return ... but I don't think they offer him ~$80m for five or whatever it was that was being kicked around. During the post season he regressed to those days when Frankie was the better and more reliable closer.

If you want the #1 spot ... and big #1 pay ... you have to win post season games ... AND fight for the ball to start Game 7. If Carpenter was able to return ... there is no reason why CJ couldn't have.

if you want to be a #1, it's a combination of what you do in the regular season and post-season. teams are looking at what a pitcher does in the regular season as the #1 factor in pursuing a pitcher to be their #1.

by your thinking, i guess that makes Colby a #1

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if you want to be a #1, it's a combination of what you do in the regular season and post-season. teams are looking at what a pitcher does in the regular season as the #1 factor in pursuing a pitcher to be their #1.

by your thinking, i guess that makes Colby a #1

No ... I don't think Colby is a #1 ... I'd have him as a #3 or #4.

Being the #1 has everything to do with both regular season and more importantly the playoffs. But beyond the pitching ... is the leading. He was in the dugout ... and the TV camera never showed him off like Fox showed Carpenter off in the dugout so that doesn't mean anything. But did CJ politic to get the Game 7 start? He was the first guy up in the BP sure ... but then Feldman came in. A #1 would have been demanding the ball ... rather than giving it to the guy who got ripped in Game 3.

On the basis of what happened in the post season ... I don't think CJ agrees to return.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No ... I don't think Colby is a #1 ... I'd have him as a #3 or #4.

Being the #1 has everything to do with both regular season and more importantly the playoffs. But beyond the pitching ... is the leading. He was in the dugout ... and the TV camera never showed him off like Fox showed Carpenter off in the dugout so that doesn't mean anything. But did CJ politic to get the Game 7 start? He was the first guy up in the BP sure ... but then Feldman came in. A #1 would have been demanding the ball ... rather than giving it to the guy who got ripped in Game 3.

On the basis of what happened in the post season ... I don't think CJ agrees to return.

maybe CJ did, but Washington was firm that he was going with Harrison in game 5.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe CJ did, but Washington was firm that he was going with Harrison in game 5.

This is very possible. Wash is a great clubhouse manager, but pretty thick headed about game decisions sometimes.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is very possible. Wash is a great clubhouse manager, but pretty thick headed about game decisions sometimes.

that's my point. Washington had made up his mind about game 7 even before the game 6 rain delay and wasn't going to change his mind no matter what.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash is a great manager, we have a young team, and an easy division. That is a recipe for a long run of success.

Wash will learn, and the guys will get over their nerves. Everyone has had two years now, so next year will be old hat. We didn't have any pitchers with experience before last year. Now we have almost a full rotation of post season vets.

It took us 50 years to win a playoff series and now everyone is upset that we didn't win a WS the second chance we had. It happens. Yeah we could have won in game 6, but that isn't the way it was meant to be. I'm still thrilled that we had baseball almost until Halloween. I hope the guys aren't too down, because we could lock this team up and have a at least 3-5 more years with basically the same team.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash is a great manager, we have a young team, and an easy division. That is a recipe for a long run of success.

Wash will learn, and the guys will get over their nerves. Everyone has had two years now, so next year will be old hat. We didn't have any pitchers with experience before last year. Now we have almost a full rotation of post season vets.

It took us 50 years to win a playoff series and now everyone is upset that we didn't win a WS the second chance we had. It happens. Yeah we could have won in game 6, but that isn't the way it was meant to be. I'm still thrilled that we had baseball almost until Halloween. I hope the guys aren't too down, because we could lock this team up and have a at least 3-5 more years with basically the same team.

exactly. we have a very good team that needs very little tweaking. if they come back with the same starters i will have no complains