• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst Baseball Game Ever.....

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay so we replace a 16-win pitcher with a very good closer who has a very good fastball and what else. how many wins do you forecast for Feliz if we did that?

Forecast wins?? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Hell fire, I don't know how many wins he'll have any more than you can say CJ will win 16again. The bigger question may be, why didn't CJ win more than 16? And how do you know that at 31 years, CJ hasn't hit a high water mark in his career? He sure seemed to run out of gas when the competition got tougher.

Also, wasn't it our boy who served up a serious meat ball in the AS game?

The Feliz mention is nothing more than a suggestion anyhow and certainly not the only solution to replacing our resident renaissance man.

Lukawren24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Forecast wins?? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Hell fire, I don't know how many wins he'll have any more than you can say CJ will win 16again. The bigger question may be, why didn't CJ win more than 16? And how do you know that at 31 years, CJ hasn't hit a high water mark in his career? He sure seemed to run out of gas when the competition got tougher.

Also, wasn't it our boy who served up a serious meat ball in the AS game?

The Feliz mention is nothing more than a suggestion anyhow and certainly not the only solution to replacing our resident renaissance man.

Cj Wilson's 16 wins aren't as good as it looks on paper. 8 of those 16 wins were vs. the AL west which was the weakest division in the big leagues. Point is, replacing CJ, IMO, won't be that difficult.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cj Wilson's 16 wins aren't as good as it looks on paper. 8 of those 16 wins were vs. the AL west which was the weakest division in the big leagues. Point is, replacing CJ, IMO, won't be that difficult.

Yes very valid point. I called Sirius mad dog radio and talked with the host about the Rangers. He said the biggest blunder was Wash not bringing back Feliz in the 10th inning to face the bottom of the order. He could not believe that Oliver came in and felt feliz deserved another shot.
I agreed with him and he thought the Rangers failed big time. We both thought that this team needs an ace and because we did not have an ace that we had to tap in to the bullpen too much and too early. He also believes the Rangers will go back to the WS and win it if we can get an ace.
Obviously there is no ace on the free-agent market(CC probably stays with the Yanks).
However I do believe that Shields(Rays) would be that missing piece/ace.
Putting together a trade involving some prospects may be our only shot at getting a guy who can go toe toe with the likes of a Carpenter, Halladay,Lincecum in a world series. I honestly believe Shields could win 20games with our team.
At this point only a trade can get our ace that this team desperately needs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shields could definitely win 20 games with Texas with our run support and the fact that he'd be facing weaker offenses in the west

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Shields could definitely win 20 games with Texas with our run support and the fact that he'd be facing weaker offenses in the west

Hope the front office is targeting him. I believe with the bitter taste we all have from the WS ,that Ryan and Daniels also feel that pain. My hunch is that they trade for Shields or someone else who is a legit #1

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you willing to give up perez/ramirez to get shields though?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope the front office is targeting him. I believe with the bitter taste we all have from the WS ,that Ryan and Daniels also feel that pain. My hunch is that they trade for Shields or someone else who is a legit #1

moot point. it seems that TB has decided that it would not be in their best interest to trade him.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
moot point. it seems that TB has decided that it would not be in their best interest to trade him.

At this point he may be their best pitcher untill perhaps M.Moore gets more experience. We need to get an ace or were going to go thru the same dissapointment that we have endured the last two years. I know we had C.Lee last year and we did not get it done but I would never trust any of our starters in a big game situation again, except maybe for Holland if he continues to improve.

1502tuley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
At this point he may be their best pitcher untill perhaps M.Moore gets more experience. We need to get an ace or were going to go thru the same dissapointment that we have endured the last two years. I know we had C.Lee last year and we did not get it done but I would never trust any of our starters in a big game situation again, except maybe for Holland if he continues to improve.

I felt that way right after game 7, but then started to wonder if this years***8217; experience might help them to cope with "the moment" next year. Frankly I could see it going either way, they could improve from having been there before, or they could totally implode from the memory of this year's fiasco.

My gut tells me that all of them would improve with the exception of CJ. He couldn't buy a win in the PO for two years now. I am not a CJ hater, but think he may be damaged goods in a Rangers uniform, at least in terms of PO performance. Having said that, I could easily see him leaving the Rangers and having a great PO with a differnt team.

It's sad that I feel that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt that way right after game 7, but then started to wonder if this years***8217; experience might help them to cope with "the moment" next year. Frankly I could see it going either way, they could improve from having been there before, or they could totally implode from the memory of this year's fiasco.

My gut tells me that all of them would improve with the exception of CJ. He couldn't buy a win in the PO for two years now. I am not a CJ hater, but think he may be damaged goods in a Rangers uniform, at least in terms of PO performance. Having said that, I could easily see him leaving the Rangers and having a great PO with a differnt team.

Based on his PO numbers, I hope it's us that faces him.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

It's sad that I feel that way.

I like CJ but he would be better off with a team that already has an ace. The front office probably will not bring him back unless the price is right. We have two young lefties that should improve and I feel the front office will push hard to acquire a righthanded ace.
It just seems like all the teams that have won WS in the past have at least one ace or more. We came damn close to winning it this year with out a true ace. We know that the Rangers are not going away for some time and I believe we will have a few more opportunities to get our championship

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes very valid point. I called Sirius mad dog radio and talked with the host about the Rangers. He said the biggest blunder was Wash not bringing back Feliz in the 10th inning to face the bottom of the order. He could not believe that Oliver came in and felt feliz deserved another shot.
I agreed with him and he thought the Rangers failed big time. We both thought that this team needs an ace and because we did not have an ace that we had to tap in to the bullpen too much and too early. He also believes the Rangers will go back to the WS and win it if we can get an ace.
Obviously there is no ace on the free-agent market(CC probably stays with the Yanks).
However I do believe that Shields(Rays) would be that missing piece/ace.
Putting together a trade involving some prospects may be our only shot at getting a guy who can go toe toe with the likes of a Carpenter, Halladay,Lincecum in a world series. I honestly believe Shields could win 20games with our team.
At this point only a trade can get our ace that this team desperately needs

There really isn't much above A or high A to trade that will fetch a quality arm unless Rameriz and Perez are traded. That would have just about gutted the top prospects above AA ball in less than a year. It makes trading Erlin and Wieland for a ##$#* relief pitcher that ain't that good a king size screw up IMO.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like CJ but he would be better off with a team that already has an ace. The front office probably will not bring him back unless the price is right. We have two young lefties that should improve and I feel the front office will push hard to acquire a righthanded ace.
It just seems like all the teams that have won WS in the past have at least one ace or more. We came damn close to winning it this year with out a true ace. We know that the Rangers are not going away for some time and I believe we will have a few more opportunities to get our championship

Couldn't agree with you more ... but does his ego keep him from signing to be a #2 ... (or #3 for LAA)?

I would be okay with TEX signing him to a 3 year (plus option year) for $10-12MM per season ... but TEX still would still need a RH Ace in front of him.

Letting a 36YO opponent go 2-0 in three starts against your team in the WS ... and you are the other #1 and six years younger ... and you didn't fight for the ball in Game 7? Then you are not a #1.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree with you more ... but does his ego keep him from signing to be a #2 ... (or #3 for LAA)?

I would be okay with TEX signing him to a 3 year (plus option year) for $10-12MM per season ... but TEX still would still need a RH Ace in front of him.

Letting a 36YO opponent go 2-0 in three starts against your team in the WS ... and you are the other #1 and six years younger ... and you didn't fight for the ball in Game 7? Then you are not a #1.

All hat and no cattle??? Sometimes I wonder if CJ's talent measures up to his self image. More hot air than air guitar?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he has 2 years starting under his belt. i think he gets better but i see Holland maybe become a #1 in a year or 2 and i project Ogando and Harrison to get better. that gives us 3 good starters and keeping CJ gives us 4 and Colby who during the regular season fills a spot. Colby's one saving grace is he pitches good in the post-season but he's a bit of a millstone in the regular with the number of homers he gives up.

there is not a #1 available in the free agency and CJ grades out as the best pitcher available so unless you are willing to gamble on Buehrle & Oswalt he's the best we can get.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has 2 years starting under his belt. i think he gets better but i see Holland maybe become a #1 in a year or 2 and i project Ogando and Harrison to get better. that gives us 3 good starters and keeping CJ gives us 4 and Colby who during the regular season fills a spot. Colby's one saving grace is he pitches good in the post-season but he's a bit of a millstone in the regular with the number of homers he gives up.

there is not a #1 available in the free agency and CJ grades out as the best pitcher available so unless you are willing to gamble on Buehrle & Oswalt he's the best we can get.

There's more than one way to go about replacing players. Good grief, who thought a spare BP part like Frankie Francisco was being traded for a guy who came within one strike of being a World Series MVP?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's more than one way to go about replacing players. Good grief, who thought a spare BP part like Frankie Francisco was being traded for a guy who came within one strike of being a World Series MVP?

and a trade is very possible but what team is going to give up a #1 and how much of our quality minor league players is it going to cost?