• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

worse team Yanks or Red Sox ?

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're both pretty ugly but right now I think we can agree the Sox are a little uglier. But not for long becuz these Yanks are a joke and the Sox will pass them by before it's over. It should be a spirited battle for the basement with the Sox squeaking it out. The Rays will blow past both of these teams btw, don't doubt it. Been a long time since the Sox and Yanks have been this bad so haters should enjoy.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're both pretty ugly but right now I think we can agree the Sox are a little uglier. But not for long becuz these Yanks are a joke and the Sox will pass them by before it's over. It should be a spirited battle for the basement with the Sox squeaking it out. The Rays will blow past both of these teams btw, don't doubt it. Been a long time since the Sox and Yanks have been this bad so haters should enjoy.

Don't be that fan!!! Yes the Yankees look very bad right now but they are still a 500 team, and only 2 games out of the playoffs... Don't be too doom and gloom... at least not yet... Tampa is the worst team in baseball right now, you think that they will be better than the Yankees??

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its weird to see that division almost upside down compared to the past.

With neither of them signing Morales, almost strange like they both are done for the year.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,718.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the yanks are getting tough to watch. seems they only have a chance when Tanaka throws. I have been watching the sox on mlb extra innings

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be that fan!!! Yes the Yankees look very bad right now but they are still a 500 team, and only 2 games out of the playoffs... Don't be too doom and gloom... at least not yet... Tampa is the worst team in baseball right now, you think that they will be better than the Yankees??

I honestly think the Rays will finish above the Yanks and Sox. I'm a fan from back in the days of Horace Clark and Gene Michael so I've seen some doom and gloom believe me. I just don't think this team is very good no matter who's healthy etc. They're a very boring team and I don't find many to root for. In many ways the Yanks of today are more unlikeable than ever IMO. As for the Sox , they plain suck and are fooling no one. Still I think they suck a little less than the Yanks in the long run.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"tough to watch" is exactly how I would describe them on a good day.

But in the past few seasons, the Yankees have always hit a stretch of "unwatchable" baseball... Hopefully this is just that, a stretch...

The good thing is that baseball seems extraordinarily weak in the past couple seasons, so even with the Yankees playing bad, they are still not far off from the "good" teams... Look at the Tigers and Rangers, they were supposed to be elite teams, but they are just barely over 500 at best...

With solarte, Gardner, and ellsbury there is enough excitement with this offense, and when the HR bats get hot again the offense will score enough runs...

With being a 500 team it is not time yet to panic, and as we all know, the Yankees are a team that will at least try to fix themselves through trade... It is not even a pipe dream to say that they will make the playoffs...

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the yanks are getting tough to watch.

Agreed.

seems they only have a chance when Tanaka throws. I have been watching the sox on mlb extra innings

Disagree. The spot starters and even Kuroda his last two starts have thrown quality starts. The offense is terrible that's the Yankees problem right now.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I have watch a yankees game this year so I really can't comment but it is really hard to watch the Red Sox this year. Especially considering the entire outfield is hitting what .190

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I have watch a yankees game this year so I really can't comment but it is really hard to watch the Red Sox this year. Especially considering the entire outfield is hitting what .190

All Red Sox outfielders:

.214/.295/.321, .278 wOBA, 69 wRC+

Red Sox OFers have the worst SLG%, wOBA, and wRC+ by pretty decent margins. Red Sox OFers have also accumulated -0.8 WAR, which is also the worst in all of MLB right now.

Major League Team Stats » 2014 » Outfielders » Dashboard | FanGraphs Baseball

Nava and Gomes are fine as long as they're used in a platoon (one that worked quite well last year), but Bradley's still struggling. I don't think it's time to give up on him yet (he doesn't even have a season's worth of games under his belt yet and he's only 24), but he hasn't really shown any improvements offensively and continues to strike out a lot (he's struck out in 30.8% of his plate appearances). The Sizemore comeback was a fun story and it's nice to see him in MLB again, but he has a 70 OPS+. He's toast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they need outfielders badly no doubt. I commented last yr that I thought they were grossly overrating Jackie Bradley. I'm not here to rip him , just pointing out he isn't "that' kinda player if ya know what I mean. I believe he'll find a place in MLB but it's gonna be as a 4th OF not as a frontline player. He simply isn't one

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why doesn't the Sox bring up Brentz, might as well see what he can do.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why doesn't the Sox bring up Brentz, might as well see what he can do.

Brentz has plenty of power, but he might not have the contact skills (he's a career .269 hitter in the minors and has 451 strikeouts in 438 games) to be an everyday player. He isn't doing too well this year either, currently posting a line of .230/.335/.430 with 20:34 BB:K in 39 games in Pawtucket. This is his 2nd year in AAA (last year, he batted .264/.312/.475 with 20:86 BB:K in 82 games last year). So at least he's finally drawing some walks.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Red Sox outfielders:

.214/.295/.321, .278 wOBA, 69 wRC+

Red Sox OFers have the worst SLG%, wOBA, and wRC+ by pretty decent margins. Red Sox OFers have also accumulated -0.8 WAR, which is also the worst in all of MLB right now.

and they brought in Drew to take away those numbers. LMAO

It's so pathetically sad how poorly offensively the red sox outfielders are hitting. I hope they keep Holt in the OF now so those numbers can increase! :whistle:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox' offensive struggles are pretty glaring, especially after getting production from every position last year (save for 3rd base)

Their wRC+ ranks by position in 2013:

C: 8th out of 30
1B: 6th
2B: 4th
SS: 7th
3B: 23rd
LF: 3rd
CF: 7th
RF: 3rd
DH: 1st

Red Sox had 12 players with 200+ PA last year. 11 of them had an OPS+ north of 100, the lone exception being Middlebrooks (87).

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think, overall, it's the yanks. I just feel that the Sox position players are collectively underperforming at the plate. The big losing streaks don't look so great when you look at the past month but, if you put a gun to my head and told me to pick a team to save my life, it'd probably still be the Sox.

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a talent standpoint? Yankees.

From a performance standpoint? Red Sox

The Sox have underachieved so badly this season that it's not even funny. This team won (outside of a few guys that aren't there from last year) won a World Series last year? No wonder I keep hearing sometimes teams are a piece or two away from winning it all after looking at the Red Sox last year in comparison to this year.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a talent standpoint? Yankees.

From a performance standpoint? Red Sox

The Sox have underachieved so badly this season that it's not even funny. This team won (outside of a few guys that aren't there from last year) won a World Series last year? No wonder I keep hearing sometimes teams are a piece or two away from winning it all after looking at the Red Sox last year in comparison to this year.

This is a good asssessment.

To win it all, almost everything has to go right. Last year, just about every Red Sox player played at or above their expectations - and they remained relatively healthy all season. This year, not so much. They were expecting Nava, Gomes, & Victorino to repeat their career seasons? They are at a cross-roads, but their decision should be easy to make. Their massive LA trade was the correct first step.

The Yankees are stuck at a cross-roads. They are stuck with more than one albatross contract. It would be unfair to their high priced players to decide to stop and re-build... It will take more than three years to fix their issues.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yanks are going to win the east. Sox will finish 4th so the answer is clear