• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: World Series: Mets and Royals

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the difference between being the giants and being the mets is the giants made EASY plays and didn't have a CF playing soccer for 2 games in the series.
The difference between the Mets and Giants starts and ends with Madison Bumgarner and Pablo Sandoval.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between the Mets and Giants starts and ends with Madison Bumgarner and Pablo Sandoval.

I have Pablo now.....bleh.

The Giants didn't throw away easy outs last year. Cespedes kicked 2 balls into runs that should've been outs. Murphy cost his team multiple runs pulling a buckner in game 4.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Pablo now.....bleh.

The Giants didn't throw away easy outs last year. Cespedes kicked 2 balls into runs that should've been outs. Murphy cost his team multiple runs pulling a buckner in game 4.
Thats a bogus narrative.

Pablo and Madison were legends for the Giants. The Mets simply lacked that amazing play and the Royals had the better roster.

I think the big takeaway from the Mets is that they didn't have enough offense.

They had zero games where they failed to score 4 runs against the Cubs. They had 3 against the Royals. The Mets had 2 games where they only scored 3 against the Dodgers but the Dodgers don't have the Royals bats.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murphy's hot streak of 7 HRs and 11RBIs really changed the playoffs. I'm not sure anyone thought it was sustainable but 0HRs and 0RBIs in the WS and the Mets were just outclassed.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Royals fans, great team top to bottom. The Royals took advantage of the Mets weaknesses and made them pay when they made mistakes. Mets desperately need another bat this offseason as well as solidify the bullpen.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Royals fans, great team top to bottom. The Royals took advantage of the Mets weaknesses and made them pay when they made mistakes. Mets desperately need another bat this offseason as well as solidify the bullpen.

Some infield practice might not hurt either.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of blame to go around without throwing the Mets' defense under the bus by themselves.

The offense disappeared and the bullpen couldn't get guys out when they most needed to. They had some bright spots but we never scored enough to cover for the times when they blew it.

The fact that the Mets hitters couldn't do anything against Chris Young on Saturday was really the end of this series. Should have knocked that tomato can out of the park by the 3rd inning and enjoyed a much bigger lead going into the KC Magic Innings.

The 3 guys i'd give a game ball to are Granderson, Syndergaard, and Niese. Curtis was solid all playoffs long, including the WS; Thor held that KC offense in check in a critical game 3; and Niese pitched his ass off out of the bullpen in all three rounds.

I'd give Flores one for being solid in the field - he was the only infielder who didn't majorly fuck up in some way, surprisingly - but his bat was MIA and he had some horrible plate appearances.

Murphy and Cespedes played like lukewarm turkey feces but they were both huge reasons why we even got to the WS in the first place.

KC, having lost last year, went in knowing how hard they would have to play to earn this, and they didn't mess around. If the Mets are fortunate enough to get back next year, I hope they remember this.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to @black francis and the rest of the Royals fans on here. I remember when Francis was doing the "Royals Future >>> Your Team's Future" posts for years on end. But something clicked last year and they have been on fire ever since. I'm extra impressed that they won this year after getting so close last year.

Also, congrats to @Huwaryu_in_exile for getting a Brazilian wax and honoring his side of the bet.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of blame to go around without throwing the Mets' defense under the bus by themselves.

The offense disappeared and the bullpen couldn't get guys out when they most needed to. They had some bright spots but we never scored enough to cover for the times when they blew it.

upload_2015-11-2_12-5-0.png

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely a huge disappointment and the Royals were as advertised. The guys that got us there disappeared in the Series. Mets wind up losing in 5 games when they had leads in 3 of those games in the 8th inning or later:doh:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tip of the cap to the kc royal (pain in the asses). They were on a mission and were the hungrier, more experienced team in the WS...not to mention lucky as fuck in some of those comebacks...sheeesh. The Mets overachieved this season winning the NL east, beating the dodgers, and then sweeping the cubs to win the NL pennant...and there's no shame in that whatsoever. Not sure if another manager, different bullpen, or even a bigger bat would have gotten them to the ultimate pinnacle....but overall it was a pretty darn good season....all things considered.
So...enjoy the spoils, Royals (hey that rhymes..lol)...you're now the victors..that's what you get. I'm already looking forward to next season...

:suds:

Last edited:

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tip of the cap to the kc royal (pain in the asses). They were on a mission and were the hungrier, more experienced team in the WS...not to mention lucky as fuck in some of those comebacks...sheeesh. The Mets overachieved this season winning the NL east, beating the dodgers, and then sweeping the cubs to win the NL pennant...and there's no shame in that whatsoever. Not sure if another manager, different bullpen, or even a bigger bat would have gotten them to the ultimate pinnacle....but overall it was a pretty darn good season....all things considered.
So...enjoy the spoils, Royals (hey that rhymes..lol)...you're now the victors..that's what you get. I'm already looking forward to next season...

:suds:

What sucks the most is no baseball until February. 5 months until Opening Day, I guess!