• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Hockey Championships and European autos thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never gets old hearing that Canadian anthem on championship Sunday.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mikey dipietro should have put on his pads for this celly lol

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
What a headline lol

I saw a tweet a few days ago about all the things that had to go right for Canada even to make it to the second round once they went 0-3.
It was quite a remarkable list. Not only win out of course, but other team needing to win, certain games needing to be settled in regulation, etc.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I was impressed by how much trust Gallant had in Power.
Free reign to lead rushes in a close game, getting a regular shift in 3/3 overtime.

Pretty heavy for an 18 year old d-man.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C4oMIjX.png

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallant took a god damn expansion team to a Cup Final three years ago and every media bonehead yesterday was belching out that this tournament "improved his stock" lol.

/Remember when coaching the U-23's at the World Cup of Gimmick Hockey improved then-president of Southampton Football Club Ralph Krueger's stock? You'd think the aftermath of that would stop making these dummies put so much into these quick-fire luck-dependent tournaments, huh?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why I appreciate VW Group.

Many, many years ago when I had a Passat 1.8T engine, the Turbo went out at 130k. I paid to fix it, but my dealership got in contact with them and sent them the broken part. After a bit they said that it should not have broken that way given the service history and they reimbursed me for the repair. I didn't even ask or know that the part shouldn't have broken. I just paid to fix it.

2 years ago, my current Audi was out of warranty and the previous owner knew it had the bad piston rings and never got it fixed under warranty, and after I got the car the situation got really bad. So in conversation with them they decided to split the difference with me. The car should have been fixed long before. I paid cost on the parts and they covered the labor to strip the engine down to the block and rebuild it with new pistons, rings and profiled camshaft. Essentially a brand new engine for 2k. And a Q7 for a week while they did it. They also went toe to toe with my insurance company when the shock absorber seat broke after an encounter with a massive pothole canyon on I-270. Said that the car would not be safe unless they replaced all parts in both sides of the rear suspension with OEM parts instead of the one side the insurance co wanted to do.

Just got a letter from them in the mail telling me that they extended the warranty on yet another part I had repaired in the past. They extended the warranty on that part to 125k and mine was fixed at 115. They are giving me my money back.

They work well when you maintain them but they do break. But I can't imagine any other car company would go back and fix things retroactively like they have for me. I am sure my opinion would differ greatly had I bought one of the TDIs. But they have been good to me.

Meanwhile, Ford tried to hide the fact that their cars were EXPLODING.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt see a japanese auto thread… sooooo …

90EFB517-DCFB-43DE-B5DF-21B52586E34A.jpeg

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why I appreciate VW Group.

Many, many years ago when I had a Passat 1.8T engine, the Turbo went out at 130k. I paid to fix it, but my dealership got in contact with them and sent them the broken part. After a bit they said that it should not have broken that way given the service history and they reimbursed me for the repair. I didn't even ask or know that the part shouldn't have broken. I just paid to fix it.

2 years ago, my current Audi was out of warranty and the previous owner knew it had the bad piston rings and never got it fixed under warranty, and after I got the car the situation got really bad. So in conversation with them they decided to split the difference with me. The car should have been fixed long before. I paid cost on the parts and they covered the labor to strip the engine down to the block and rebuild it with new pistons, rings and profiled camshaft. Essentially a brand new engine for 2k. And a Q7 for a week while they did it. They also went toe to toe with my insurance company when the shock absorber seat broke after an encounter with a massive pothole canyon on I-270. Said that the car would not be safe unless they replaced all parts in both sides of the rear suspension with OEM parts instead of the one side the insurance co wanted to do.

Just got a letter from them in the mail telling me that they extended the warranty on yet another part I had repaired in the past. They extended the warranty on that part to 125k and mine was fixed at 115. They are giving me my money back.

They work well when you maintain them but they do break. But I can't imagine any other car company would go back and fix things retroactively like they have for me. I am sure my opinion would differ greatly had I bought one of the TDIs. But they have been good to me.

Meanwhile, Ford tried to hide the fact that their cars were EXPLODING.

I love my 2010, chipped S4, 390 hp. So much fun to drive. Nice DCT tranny, quality leather, etc.

But since I got Panzerwagon last October I've barely put 1,000 KM on the Audi.

It's developing an inferiority complex.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine's a 2012 and not 4Matic.

But I fucking love it.

Best thing is you never see the Estate Wagons anywhere.
There is one other A4 Avant in my area. Problem is his is the same color as mine. I see a white one and a silver one occasionally around town.

There are like 10 of those Buick (Vauxhall) wagons which are growing on me. Very rarely do I see a Merc or Bmer wagon around me.