• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wk 10...vs LAR

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well cotdamn! Dont look now, fellers, but our Steelers have a winning record!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Washington sure did give me some confidence after that fumble. If this defense can keep playing the way that it is and if our offense can make some improvements week by week, I see us winning out aside from the game in Baltimore. That would give us an 11-5 record. We have the Browns twice, Bengals, Cardinals, Bills, Ravens and Jets. I believe we can go at least 5-2 to end the season, which would put us at 10-6 and solidly in the wild card race.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Washington sure did give me some confidence after that fumble. If this defense can keep playing the way that it is and if our offense can make some improvements week by week, I see us winning out aside from the game in Baltimore. That would give us an 11-5 record. We have the Browns twice, Bengals, Cardinals, Bills, Ravens and Jets. I believe we can go at least 5-2 to end the season, which would put us at 10-6 and solidly in the wild card race.

If the defense stays healthy I can see 10-6 but the four loses early hurt.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the defense stays healthy I can see 10-6 but the four loses early hurt.

Yeah they definitely did. But this defense seems to have come to life the last few games and this was the toughest part of our schedule, in my opinion. Ravens, Chargers, Colts and Rams are all winning/playoff contending teams and we were able to go 3-1 in those games and we're on a 4 game winning streak. Aside from the 49ers, I don't see a team with more momentum than us right now and it's coming in a great time in our schedule where the combined W-L records of the next 3 teams we play are 6-21-1. We keep this momentum, our defense keeps playing the way they are and this offense keeps making improvements, we can guarantee our 16th straight winning season on December 1st. Buffalo's defense is really good this year and Baltimore at home is always tough, I can definitely see 10-6 as the final record for this team with a WC berth.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, well, well.

A little something we didn't expect on Sunday....another W!

Grading this out.

HC...C+...it was a ragged game, the ball was on the ground a lot, and 13 penalties BTW...that was a lateral and a good challenge even though he didn't win it...ball should've been placed on the 20. I did like the 4th down go for it.

OFC...C-...Starting with Pouncey's bad snap (he's had several of them this yr)...if not for that turnover the Rams don't score a TD at all. Next up was multiple drops by the WRs...James Washington was the star of an overall pretty weak OFC. Ton of holding calls. Seems like every other good play was nullified by holding. Finally...Fichtner contributed...a 5 step playaction pass? (when you haven't run worth a damn)...while I can appreciate the aggression, but he put the young QB in position for a safety with that play call. Generally speaking the run game was piss poor.

DEF...A...Another scoop and score by Fitz, 3 INTs, 4 sacks, 9 QB hits...shutout Kupp...I don't believe he made a catch...drew a couple of PI calls. The Rams made some good runs against, and got some window dressing yards in the passing game late, but neither effort could generate a TD....great job!

ST...C-...mixed bag here...the kicking game was good, but coverage and return games were suspect...I think the Rams had nearly 100 yds in the return game. Switzer is pretty sure handed, but it might be time to let Diontae Johnson take over that role.

Summary...FWIW...on the fumble return for a TD by Fitz...I thought Goff's arm was moving forward, but the ball appeared to be coming out before his arm went forward...close, but I didn't think they would over turn it. I thought Rudolph was looking and throwing downfield in this game...stat line could've easily been over 300 in the air if they didn't drop so many catchable balls. The OL struggled against a top tier interior DL at times, iirc at least 3 or 4 holding calls on the OL. That said, the DEF was relentless and carried the Steelers to this win. They have completed this 3 game homestand with all three resulting in a wins to get the Steelers above .500 for the 1st time this season and curiously enough with the Colts losing, PIT now sits in the 6th seed position.

Still a long way to go...hitting the road now, I hope the DEF travels like they did in LA....on to CLE next week.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pouncey is having a terrible year. I hope it's not the start of a trend down, and more of a Boz off year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pouncey is having a terrible year. I hope it's not the start of a trend down, and more of a Boz off year.

Just snap the damn ball correctly....I do understand when you're facing an all pro DT, you might rush some things to try to be prepared to help out on him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well gentlemen I completely missed this game. I was out in no-man’s land hunting without cell service. I caught the final couple drives via Sirius XM radio in the truck while hauling out a deer. Pretty pumped to hear the Steelers pulled it out. I’ll be fine grooming this thread over the next few days after sorting out my gear to see how the team really did.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dad's all in on Minkah.