• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wk 10...vs LAR

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 10 is upon us.

The Steelers close out this 3 game homestand with the Rams coming in for the 3rd NFCW opponent of the season. It looks like both CBS and FOX have double headers this week...this matchup does appear to be the feature late game for FOX.

The Rams come into this game fresh off their bye week with a 5-3 record, and winners of 2 in a row. They rank 8th on OFC, and 15th on DEF. Digging a little deeper into their record, I'm not as impressed with the Rams this yr. The two quality wins both came at the beginning of the season. The two playoff foes since then were losses...a close one to SEA and they lost to SF 20-7. They made a huge trade before the deadline to get CB, Jalen Ramsey. Goff is having a so-so season to date...hitting on 61% 11 TDs/7 INTs, but also 6 fumbles. On the ground, it's still Todd Gurley and company, he's not the same runner...but 6 rushing TDs proves he's still effective.

Notable Injury picture

Conner...shoulder, Questionable...need to watch the practice participation
Foster...concussion, Questionable...I read he's progressing, likely to clear protocol
Trey Edmunds...ribs, Questionable...practice participation will drive his availability

Outlook

The Rams have handled two weaker teams rather easily in their last two games....but CIN and ATL are literally two of the worst DEFs in the league. The Steelers D should present more of a challenge this week. Nothing about the Rams OFC scares you. Kupp is a good WR, but shouldn't beat you. What he did against CIN was insane. Cooks (concussion) is noted to be out of this game. On DEF, the big gun is Aaron Donald, Clay Matthews is having a good season (might not play in this game), and so is Dante Fowler.

The Steelers can win this game, but they need to play better than they played vs IND on OFC in particular. Goff will give you the ball if you pressure him and PIT can pressure the QB. What will they do with it once they get it is the question? I would love to see 4 in a row, but I'm not feeling it so no score prediction from me this week.

What say you?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have this one chalked up as a loss. But I feel if they steal this. They’re in really good shape.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good to have this game at home, and have a WC team travel for it.

Certainly helps their chances a lot.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have this one chalked up as a loss. But I feel if they steal this. They’re in really good shape.

It might sound crazy, but they can afford to lose this NFC game, and still make a WC slot...but with IND still ahead of them in the W column and LAC poised to make a late charge, they need every W they can get.

If Rudolph can get going earlier in the game...they can beat the Rams, but they need to score (on OFC) before the 3rd Qtr!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might sound crazy, but they can afford to lose this NFC game, and still make a WC slot...but with IND still ahead of them in the W column and LAC poised to make a late charge, they need every W they can get.

If Rudolph can get going earlier in the game...they can beat the Rams, but they need to score (on OFC) before the 3rd Qtr!
Totally agree. That’s kinda why I said if they can pull this one out they r in good shape. I have this as a loss and then still getting in right now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. That’s kinda why I said if they can pull this one out they r in good shape. I have this as a loss and then still getting in right now.

Yep...they will need to get to at least 9 wins and hope one of those is over BUF so they will have h-t-h over LAC, IND and BUF.

BUF has a tough road ahead...

@ CLE...L
@ MIA...W
DEN......W
@ DAL...L
BAL...….L
@ PIT...L
@ NE...L
NYJ.....W

Maybe they can post 10-6, but that how I'm calling it today...9-7

IND is a little easier

MIA...W
JAX...W, note Foles is back I think so maybe not so fast with that W
@ HOU...L
TN....W
@ TB...L
@ NO...L
CAR...W
@ JAX...L

They have the schedule to pick up 5 more Ws, but I'm coming up with 9-7

I didn't do OAK yet, but at first glance, they can also post 9 wins.

Will be fun to watch this play out...hopefully it's fun.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...they will need to get to at least 9 wins and hope one of those is over BUF so they will have h-t-h over LAC, IND and BUF.

BUF has a tough road ahead...

@ CLE...L
@ MIA...W
DEN......W
@ DAL...L
BAL...….L
@ PIT...L
@ NE...L
NYJ.....W

Maybe they can post 10-6, but that how I'm calling it today...9-7

IND is a little easier

MIA...W
JAX...W, note Foles is back I think so maybe not so fast with that W
@ HOU...L
TN....W
@ TB...L
@ NO...L
CAR...W
@ JAX...L

They have the schedule to pick up 5 more Ws, but I'm coming up with 9-7

I didn't do OAK yet, but at first glance, they can also post 9 wins.

Will be fun to watch this play out...hopefully it's fun.
I’m Pretty much on par with your predictions. There’s a ton of variables it’s gonna change weekly. But yeah we’re thinking exactly alike.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m Pretty much on par with your predictions. There’s a ton of variables it’s gonna change weekly. But yeah we’re thinking exactly alike.

One team I'm not concerned about now (unless they post 10 wins), but could make a late run is LAC...reportedly they got 2 key guys back LT, and DE Melvin Gordon.

But you nailed it with this comment...the variables will change pretty much every week, actually starting this week. If MIA somehow beats IND on the road this week and PIT wins...Steelers move into the 6th slot for the time being....there will be a lot of "for the time being" I think in the AFC WC race...lol.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
X factor here is Aaron Donald is coming home. He is from that area right? Mason Rudolph gonna see a lot of AD

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
X factor here is Aaron Donald is coming home. He is from that area right? Mason Rudolph gonna see a lot of AD

I would say in the Steeler OL meeting room...AD is probably more like the IT factor...lol

My guess is Pouncey will shade to his side for the double on most passing downs.

Letting him feast on the G one on one all game is not going to work.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Aaron Donalds kills/eats our quarterback we should get a draft pick. Just sayin.

I like the Rams in this one. I think McVay can be outcoached at times which costs the Rams wins but I don't think Mike Tomlin is the kind of guy to take advantage of that. Or choose the fork over the spoon when he's served a steak. I got the Rams 17-6 in this one but I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Minkah just decides to score three touchdowns hisownself which would make it 26-17 Steelers.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Aaron Donalds kills/eats our quarterback we should get a draft pick. Just sayin.

I like the Rams in this one. I think McVay can be outcoached at times which costs the Rams wins but I don't think Mike Tomlin is the kind of guy to take advantage of that. Or choose the fork over the spoon when he's served a steak. I got the Rams 17-6 in this one but I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Minkah just decides to score three touchdowns hisownself which would make it 26-17 Steelers.

Speaking of Donald...

Steelers Thursday Injury Report Week 10: Conner, Foster, Nix All Sidelined - Steelers Depot

Foster did not practice yesterday. This will be a good test for Feiler...they will have to give him some help, but if he has a reasonable game against the best DEF player in the league, certainly best interior DL...he should be the starter next year.

Yeah...I'm with you on the outcome, but for a team that played in the SB LY, I'm not overly impressed with the Rams on either side of the ball this season...I think it could be low scoring...I think the Steeler OL is better than ATL or CIN, Rudolph needs to make some plays...pure and simple.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Donald...

Steelers Thursday Injury Report Week 10: Conner, Foster, Nix All Sidelined - Steelers Depot

Foster did not practice yesterday. This will be a good test for Feiler...they will have to give him some help, but if he has a reasonable game against the best DEF player in the league, certainly best interior DL...he should be the starter next year.

Yeah...I'm with you on the outcome, but for a team that played in the SB LY, I'm not overly impressed with the Rams on either side of the ball this season...I think it could be low scoring...I think the Steeler OL is better than ATL or CIN, Rudolph needs to make some plays...pure and simple.
A reasonable game against Donald is still getting your ass kicked haha.

I agree man. Not sure what's wrong with the Rams. They have the players. I thought McVay was a very good coach until the playoffs last year started showing some cracks. Just seems like he might be a great offensive mind but prone to tunnel vision and best suited as a coordinator.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A reasonable game against Donald is still getting your ass kicked haha.

I agree man. Not sure what's wrong with the Rams. They have the players. I thought McVay was a very good coach until the playoffs last year started showing some cracks. Just seems like he might be a great offensive mind but prone to tunnel vision and best suited as a coordinator.

They moved him around quite a bit in the ATL game...faced both Gs and a T...else you can always find an extra body to chip him if he just lines up at RDE every snap. Ramsey is best as a man CB so I think we'll see him on Juju...Johnson and Washington and Samuels need to step up.

One concerning note...Alualu didn't practice Thurs (knee)...hopefully he's not wearing down with the increased snaps....we could see Walton in this game if this situation doesn't change. Neither did Edmunds...in fact Edmunds and Connor are doubtful....RB will be an adventure this week maybe.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone correct me if im wrong here. But something that we've been able to do is pressure the qb, consistently.

Does anyone actually know our pressure rates on passing downs?

I believe that Goff is one of the worst qb's in the league with pressure.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting game right here. The Steelers can not play like they did last week and expect to win. Can they score enough to win? Maybe if the D brings their "A" game they have a chance. Staying the course on this one and hoping for the best.

PIT 31
LAR 30

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason says he had to Score more in college bc they were behind , now he doesn’t and he’s to play more conservative so it’s hard? Mason you need to score. You aren’t really doing that.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game Over, Steelers win! Minkah was worth every bit of that 1st round pick. Above .500 now with momentum. That defense was textbook Steelers football. Love seeing our defense play the way they did.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just like that, we're currently the 6th seed in the playoffs. What a turnaround this has been. Holy fucking shit!