• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Witten's Back

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of thoughts. First off, unless it is his call, Witten will be on the team in 2019. There is no way to go back on this now for Jerry. He'd just never cut Witten unless it is portrayed all along as an experiment with an easy "out" for him. And if he isn't going to "even see the field all that often on game day" then I hope the tweet saying he's getting $5M is wrong. Lastly I don't think his blocking was very good in 2017 so I don't expect it to be any better, but I do not want to sound like I think there is no chance Witten can help this team because I think he can. This team is built and should be built on running the ball, hitting the open guy, PAP and long, plodding drives to dominate the clock and open up 2 or 3 big chunkl plays per game and that scheme requires a lot of 3rd down conversions and if Beasley isn't here then someone needs to help out on 3rd down. Witten isn't likely to catch more than 50 balls or score more than 4 TDs, but those 2 or 3 key plays he can make a game will be huge and hopefully he can command some of the attention of the defense in big spots and help open up things for some of our big play guys for some big gains

I wasn't intending to say that Witten WON'T see the field all that often or that he WON'T make the team. My point was that if all those who say this is a horrible deal because Witten can no longer contribute to this team are right, there are remedies for that.

Personally, I'm hoping that a year off will have allowed his body to recuperate so that he's better than he was in 2017. Odds are against it, given his age, but if he still has the ability to get open and do some decent blocking, then he will be a net plus for the offense. If he can't do either of those things, then it will be a short tenure, IMO.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never post here anymore at of respect to Jarntt, Colors and Ford but I’m still pissed we passed on Witten for freaking LJ Smith.
:L

First ballot lock and the last of the star blocker/receiving TEs.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical parent reaction when told their child just aint good enough to make the soccer team.

It's funny listening to Redskin fan (troll) trying to evaluate talent. I get a kick out of it every time.