• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Witten's Back

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great day!! Jason and now Harper!!!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a guy who knows how to catch a 5 yard pass on 3rd and 4 and is also a threat to post u in the end zone may not be a big deal on a high flying offense but on a team that relies on ball control, I romise you its big

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Jerry can make Foles an offer he can't refuse.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a guy who knows how to catch a 5 yard pass on 3rd and 4 and is also a threat to post u in the end zone may not be a big deal on a high flying offense but on a team that relies on ball control, I romise you its big
I love Witten. HOF player, Ring of Honor bound, great man, great husband, great father, but he's washed. He isn't helping this offense. Sean Lee has far more in the tank than Witten does and 90% of the fan base want him gone but were jumping for joy on the Witten news. I'll never understand this fan base.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Witten. HOF player, Ring of Honor bound, great man, great husband, great father, but he's washed. He isn't helping this offense. Sean Lee has far more in the tank than Witten does and 90% of the fan base want him gone but were jumping for joy on the Witten news. I'll never understand this fan base.
He has limitations but he still does some things really well. Like our QB

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
60558587-that-ship-has-sailed-english-saying-illustrated.jpg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that Lee has more in the tank than Witten, but if you don't understand why for the specific makeup of this team some might see any TE that can contribute as possibly more helpful than even Sean Lee, then I'm kind of perplexed with your thoughts of this team. There has never been one comment or move by this team that makes us think that Lee playing SAM is even an option. That makes him a backup to two of the best young LBs in the league. Now if they would get their head out of their asses and realize that playing all 3 of our LBs together could be special (until Lee gets hurt) then clearly IMO Lee has way more value than Witten. Right now, I see them as about the same but have no problem with anyone who thinks Witten in March that has more value.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that Lee has more in the tank than Witten, but if you don't understand why for the specific makeup of this team some might see any TE that can contribute as possibly more helpful than even Sean Lee, then I'm kind of perplexed with your thoughts of this team. There has never been one comment or move by this team that makes us think that Lee playing SAM is even an option. That makes him a backup to two of the best young LBs in the league. Now if they would get their head out of their asses and realize that playing all 3 of our LBs together could be special (until Lee gets hurt) then clearly IMO Lee has way more value than Witten. Right now, I see them as about the same but have no problem with anyone who thinks Witten in March that has more value.
Well, my thoughts on the make up of the team, at least offensively, is it's bad. Very bad. No team should be built around the RB when you have a more than capable passer. Dak isn't this inaccurate QB that can't push the ball down the field that people think. That's proven with how effective he is late in games. No team should be playing for 3rd and short in 2019. Just get the first down before 3rd down and you never have to worry about third down. The Cowboys philosophy is beyond outdated. Okay, I'm rambling. To the point:

I have no doubt Witten will make plays. Witten instantly makes this locker room strong again. The only real reason I have a problem with the Witten signing is how Lee is being treated by the fan base. We want him gone because he's supposedly washed up and too injury prone but embrace Witten who's pretty much washed up. It makes no sense to me. Why can't we just embrace both? They are both needed in this locker room.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, my thoughts on the make up of the team, at least offensively, is it's bad. Very bad. No team should be built around the RB when you have a more than capable passer. Dak isn't this inaccurate QB that can't push the ball down the field that people think. That's proven with how effective he is late in games. No team should be playing for 3rd and short in 2019. Just get the first down before 3rd down and you never have to worry about third down. The Cowboys philosophy is beyond outdated. Okay, I'm rambling. To the point:

I have no doubt Witten will make plays. Witten instantly makes this locker room strong again. The only real reason I have a problem with the Witten signing is how Lee is being treated by the fan base. We want him gone because he's supposedly washed up and too injury prone but embrace Witten who's pretty much washed up. It makes no sense to me. Why can't we just embrace both? They are both needed in this locker room.
I'm not sold on Witten in 19, so I'm taking a wait and see approach.

As for Lee. I love the guy, but sitting on the sideline with pulled hammys isn't helping the team. You need to take the emotion out of tge equation when setting the roster.

At this point I'd rather sign Lee as a coach, then if needed do to injury sign him as a player.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love Lee and I think Lee is one of the most popular Cowboys. I don't think anyone or at least very few WANT him gone. I think the issue is that we live in a cap world and if Sean Lee is making $7M this year and has a cap hit of $10M and is going to be a backup, then we may be able to use that money in a more efficient way. Plus at his age we can't all of a sudden expect him to find health if he is going to play a decent amount of snaps.

Witten was not all that great 2 years ago IMO and I have no problem with people that feel he can no longer help an NFL team. I think he is very slow and thought he had a lot of trouble getting open his last season. I'm waiting to see how he does and am trying to be optimistic that we get something out of him but am very uncertain on how good he will be or even how much he will play. But, there is still a huge need for TE on this team and I expect that he can find 6 yards on 3rd and 4 better than most on this team. I for one am not going to assume that Jarwin after a couple of nice games late in the year is all of a sudden the answer at TE or that Schultz will take a huge leap forward or that Rico will do anything meaningful. Swaim I like as a starting, mostly blocking, sneaky get open guy, but I think that is all he may be.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the coaches approach this correctly, Witten may not even see the field all that often on game day. If he isn't the best TE on the team then he should not be the starter. If, however, he can still get open and can still be a good blocking TE, more so than the others we have, then he should start.

If he is as washed up as Earl believes him to be, he may not even be on the team when the season starts, so I don't see what the problem is in kicking the tires and seeing what he has left in the tank.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the coaches approach this correctly, Witten may not even see the field all that often on game day. If he isn't the best TE on the team then he should not be the starter. If, however, he can still get open and can still be a good blocking TE, more so than the others we have, then he should start.

If he is as washed up as Earl believes him to be, he may not even be on the team when the season starts, so I don't see what the problem is in kicking the tires and seeing what he has left in the tank.
A couple of thoughts. First off, unless it is his call, Witten will be on the team in 2019. There is no way to go back on this now for Jerry. He'd just never cut Witten unless it is portrayed all along as an experiment with an easy "out" for him. And if he isn't going to "even see the field all that often on game day" then I hope the tweet saying he's getting $5M is wrong. Lastly I don't think his blocking was very good in 2017 so I don't expect it to be any better, but I do not want to sound like I think there is no chance Witten can help this team because I think he can. This team is built and should be built on running the ball, hitting the open guy, PAP and long, plodding drives to dominate the clock and open up 2 or 3 big chunkl plays per game and that scheme requires a lot of 3rd down conversions and if Beasley isn't here then someone needs to help out on 3rd down. Witten isn't likely to catch more than 50 balls or score more than 4 TDs, but those 2 or 3 key plays he can make a game will be huge and hopefully he can command some of the attention of the defense in big spots and help open up things for some of our big play guys for some big gains

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that he sucked in the booth and they told him he wouldn't be returning. No real worry from the other 3 NFCE teams, i'm sure. Nice mantel piece above the fireplace but hardly adds any value to the house. Just being honest.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that he sucked in the booth and they told him he wouldn't be returning. No real worry from the other 3 NFCE teams, i'm sure. Nice mantel piece above the fireplace but hardly adds any value to the house. Just being honest.
Shut your stupid ass and go find a QB