• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Without Fairley

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 things we learned about the Detroit Lions, including that there is life after Nick Fairley | MLive.com

The Dolphins were averaging 137yds a game on the ground at an average of 4.8ypc. Without Fairley, Mosley started and Reid and Fluellen chipped in for playing time and helped Suh, Jones, Ansah and co. hold Miami to just 50yds rushing at an average of 2.6ypc.

I'm not advocating that not having Fairley is ideal, but it shows what we're capable of without him in there. And I think this goes back to Austin and his D. I had a very strong feeling he's come in and help improve our secondary, Butbit looks like he's helping to improve our entire D. And I couldn't be happier. Now we'll see how our D-line depth can hold up the rest of the year.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the injuries this d has had, I believe this is about game planning and scheme. I feel pretty good with anyone we have on the field.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure that Miami wasn't handicapped with their top two RBs hurt and their best OL injured during the game. Love the result but not sure we should consider it a basis for future performance.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure that Miami wasn't handicapped with their top two RBs hurt and their best OL injured during the game. Love the result but not sure we should consider it a basis for future performance.

I hear u, but we're still only giving about just over 60ypg this season. We're doing something right. Let's see if the trend continues without Fairley.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on max. 9 games in and #1 ranked run d. It's not a fluke.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tulloch out and others DB's constantly being plugged in and now Fairley out, so injuries from other teams should not be factored IMO. Part of game How long has it been since we had depth? How long since anyone steps in and fills in with a decent to great job. As Micro said scheme is huge part of next man up plugging the holes.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree its alot of scheme with being able to rotate fresh linemen in and out. I believe suh is the hugest reason the lions run defense and defense in general has been so impressive. Unfortunately it means hes going to be asking for even more money. There have been other key contributors as well like levy. It does seem the lions can plug anybody in currently and the defense doesnt miss a beat. Glad to see fairley should be back this season. I also saw the lions have only allowed one rushing TD of more than two yards. It wasnt too long ago they allowed one long TD run every game.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on max. 9 games in and #1 ranked run d. It's not a fluke.

I know, I know. I'm just snakebit, I guess, and haven't been all that impressed with the quality of opponents since Fairley went down.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I know. I'm just snakebit, I guess, and haven't been all that impressed with the quality of opponents since Fairley went down.

Quality of opponent since Fairley went down. Miami.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quality of opponent since Fairley went down. Miami.

Not with Miller hurt, Moreno out, and Brandon Albert done for the year half-way through the game they aren't. If Miller limited again this week and Albert gone for the year I wouldn't put them in the top half of rushing teams.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not underestimate Mosley either. The dude is pretty good in his own right. The bigger dropoff between the 2 might only be pass rush.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not underestimate Mosley either. The dude is pretty good in his own right. The bigger dropoff between the 2 might only be pass rush.

Agreed. He rated out as a top-20 DT in terms of effectiveness last season, and was up in that same range through the first 5 or 6 weeks of the season, last I read...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, the most impressive aspect of our defense so far is the utter lack of big plays. I'm only coming up with two TDs over 20 yards- Chris Johnson's 30 some yard TD run, and Kenny Stills getting behind Slay for a 40-some yarder. Other than that I can't think of any.

Our previous defenses under Schwartz had a bad habit of giving up the big play, so to see a whopping 2 "big plays" against us so far this season is a pretty amazing turnaround...

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, the most impressive aspect of our defense so far is the utter lack of big plays. I'm only coming up with two TDs over 20 yards- Chris Johnson's 30 some yard TD run, and Kenny Stills getting behind Slay for a 40-some yarder. Other than that I can't think of any.

Our previous defenses under Schwartz had a bad habit of giving up the big play, so to see a whopping 2 "big plays" against us so far this season is a pretty amazing turnaround...

Our D has given up 2 passing plays and 0 rushing plays of 40+ yards. We've giving up 23 passing plays and 3 rushing plays of 20+ yards. All of those numbers are top 4 in the NFL in each of the 4 sections.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D has given up 2 passing plays and 0 rushing plays of 40+ yards. We've giving up 23 passing plays and 3 rushing plays of 20+ yards. All of those numbers are top 4 in the NFL in each of the 4 sections.

Most importantly, only 2 of those plays ended in TDs.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this guy so much so I'm gonna let my girlfriend fuck him later.

One time deal for him, nobody else lol.

Does she know you've signed her up for this? What if she finds the guy creepy?