• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the #1 pick.....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Texans are now giving the typical "we would be will to trade out of the #1 spot" speech teams give this time of year, trying to generate talk from other teams to see who's interested and who's not.

With that said lets say the Texans are stuck with the pick, now new head coach means a QB is gonna be the top wish list, since there wont be any good FA QB's so with that, could the Texans draft another Carr?

Derrek Carr little brother of David Carr is in this years draft, big kid, alot bigger arm then his big brother. Lets say for the moment that "Little Carr" starts moving up draft boards, he did play for Fresno St not much media about him, but this time of year QB's come out of no where and move way up draft boards from great combine work or pro days. What would the Texans do if coach O Brien falls for what he see's out of the younger Carr, does the front office please its new head coach and piss fans off, or do they say hell no to the possible media night mare of drafting another Carr???

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could be one of the most hilarious moment in sports if that actually happened. I don't see them taking anyone besides Bridgewater unless he has bad workouts or combines or something.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Jak...Bridgewater.

My top 5.

HOU - Bridgewater, QB LOU
STL (frm WAS) - Matthews, OT TXAM
JAX - Carr, QB Fresno
CLE - Bortles, QB UCF
OAK - Barr, OLB UCLA

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could be one of the most hilarious moment in sports if that actually happened. I don't see them taking anyone besides Bridgewater unless he has bad workouts or combines or something.

I'm sure that Bridgewater will be the tops on all boards right now, I just put this little comment up cause for all likely hood there is always that "chance" that big boards are all different and change very quickly, I just thought it was an interesting chance of a repeat in history....

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that Bridgewater will be the tops on all boards right now, I just put this little comment up cause for all likely hood there is always that "chance" that big boards are all different and change very quickly, I just thought it was an interesting chance of a repeat in history....

I guess its possible. There are quite a few good QB prospects in this draft, and honestly, they will all probably be ranked differently by the end of the combine. I still see Bridgewater staying as the #1 QB though. The only problem I see with him is the fact that he is only 193 pounds. That isn't going to cut it in the NFL.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Houston drafts Derrek Carr lmao. That'll top Ted Ginn Jr. or when the Jets passed on Sapp.

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take bortles or manziel over bridgewater, I think he's way overrated imo.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking manziel in the third round would be way too high.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking manziel in the third round would be way too high.

Yes it would, but some franchise is gonna make that mistake an reach on him. Happens every year, or one slips further down the boards then expected....

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this QB heavy class they should take Clowney they can get a quality QB in the later rounds.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's no way they take Carr. Now they might have a dilemma with Bridgewater. I'm not so sure he's a guy you want to take with the #1 pick.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess im the only one that thinks that this was a weak yr for the qb in college ftball. if anyone takes carr in the first 3 rds they are a moron imo. he is a screen passer/deep ball qb.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO - Carr is the best pro prospect in the draft at qb. However I agree the draft is qb heavy. You could likely get 1st round talent in 2nd round, especially when picking first.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's no way they take Carr. Now they might have a dilemma with Bridgewater. I'm not so sure he's a guy you want to take with the #1 pick.

We have thrown this around a bit already, some think that is the prime reason Bridgewater is coming out, but there are still lots of moving parts on the sidelines for the Texans.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My #1 preference is to trade the pick and rob someone blind.

My second preference is to draft Matthews. Keenum could be a good QB if he isn't running for his life all day.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My #1 preference is to trade the pick and rob someone blind.

My second preference is to draft Matthews. Keenum could be a good QB if he isn't running for his life all day.

I'm guessing there won't be a mega deal for that pick this time around without a player that's viewed as a sure thing and a future HoFer.

If I'm a Texans fan, I'm hoping Bridgewater and Bortles do everything right the next couple of months. Even if all Houston can do is move down a few spots and get some 3rd and/or 4th round picks in exchange, that's how you add depth to a football team.