• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With a title win Oregon becomes

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon most wins.

Two national title appearances and one of those a title.

A heisman winner.

Look at that over a 10 yr span...

So if a team goes 0-12, 0-12, title win, 0-12, title win, title win. Does that make them better than a team with overall best winning percentage and a national title?

Can you imagine if Auburn hadn't won in 2010? You guys owe us big time.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cbe38572_DaffyDuckFap.gif

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh you still aren't the most successful program of the last 10.

LSU, Bama, tOhio St, Florida

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane he is just putting on a show - entertaining the OD is :fish2:

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon most wins.

Two national title appearances and one of those a title.

A heisman winner.

Look at that over a 10 yr span...

So if a team goes 0-12, 0-12, title win, 0-12, title win, title win. Does that make them better than a team with overall best winning percentage and a national title?

If a team does that, they are 3 times more successful than Oregon has been in the last 125 years.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a Oregon win could go a long way in recruiting. just this year alone I would expect recruits on the fence between SC and the ducks to bail for Oregon should they win championship. usually the way it works is USC makes a big push on signing day to get a top 10 class...currently they are already a top 10 class. hitting on some of these 5 stars on signing day could put them right up there with bama..

my thinking is sark may not be a great coach but possibly if they get to a point where they have superior players than rest of league it could mask his short comings.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a team does that, they are 3 times more successful than Oregon has been in the last 125 years.

I would agree. But since we have further evidence that all these BCS titles are certainly mythical we can only go off of records and championships earned in the CFP.

I mean, Bama and FSU lost and would have been the NT game. Meanwhile the real Nt game would have been the Rose Bowl between Ohio and Oregon. But the champ would have been crowned in another game.

Too many examples of "what ifs" in prior years.

The CFP is closest to crowning a legit NC. But not perfect as no big12 team was repped.

In 2012, Bama beat ND. It could have been K State or Oregon beating ND JUST AS EASY. What if Bama got beat by KSU in semi and ND got beat by Oregon? Like this year.... Wrong game got billed "National Title."

The myth of all those "BCS era National Champs" has been destroyed.

They are in the record books..... But we all now know the truth. Would all 15 BCS champs have still won it? Maybe, but we will never know.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add a national title to Oregons accolades this past decade and they become the most successful program of last 10 years...straight impressive.

2008 10-3 Holiday Bowl win
2009 10-3 Pac 12 champ/Rose Bowl loss
2010 12-1 Pac 12 champ/BCS title game loss
2011 12-2 Pac 12 champ/Rose Bowl win
2012 12-1 Fiesta Bowl win
2013 11-2 Alamo Bowl win
2014 13-1 Pac 12 champ/Rose Bowl win/CFB semi final

It's been a great 7 year run and impressive.

Alabama's has been better though

2008 12-2 Sugar Bowl loss
2009 14-0 SEC champ/National Champs
2010 10-3 Capital One Bowl win
2011 12-1 National Champs
2012 13-1 SEC champ/National Champs
2013 11-2 Sugar Bowl loss
2014 12-2 SEC champ/Sugar Bowl loss

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree. But since we have further evidence that all these BCS titles are certainly mythical we can only go off of records and championships earned in the CFP.

I mean, Bama and FSU lost and would have been the NT game. Meanwhile the real Nt game would have been the Rose Bowl between Ohio and Oregon. But the champ would have been crowned in another game.

The CFP is closest to crowning a legit NC. But not perfect as no big12 team was repped.

In 2012, Bama beat ND. It could have been K State or Oregon beating ND JUST AS EASY. What if Bama got beat by KSU in semi and ND got beat by Oregon? Like this year.... Wrong game got billed "National Title."

They are in the record books..... But we all now know the truth. Would all 15 BCS champs have still won it? Maybe, but we will never know.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel like you are trying to say that because they are BCS titles that they are mythical. Funny, playing the what if game.

I will say this though.

2012 Notre Dame beat Stanford, Oregon didn't. They also beat Oklahoma by a higher margin than K State did. They also went undefeated, whereas K State and Oregon did not. That's why people saw them as being one of the 2 best teams in the country.

And what if FSU had beaten Oregon? And Alabama beats OSU? Then what would that have said about Oregon? Its easy to play theoreticals.

But Alabama beat the breaks off of Notre Dame. Who else did that in 2012? Not Stanford. Not Oklahoma.

Alabama ran over Texas with 2 100 yd RBs. Who else did that in 2009? Not Oklahoma. Not Nebraska.

Alabama dominated LSU and shut them out, 21-0. Who did that in 2011? Not Oregon. Not West Virginia.

None of what I just listed is theoretical. The thing that makes college football so unique though is that you can't play multiple teams twice in a season. Its nearly impossible to do. What if Oregon had to play Arizona State instead of Arizona? Its hard to beat the same team twice in a season. Unless one is clearly superior or mentally owned. I'm not so sure Oregon would have beaten Arizona State. But I guess we will never know. Because Arizona lucked out and beat Arizona State, we will never find out for sure. It isn't fair that Arizona had to play them twice. See how that sounds?

And I'm not saying any of that is my opinion. Arizona did what they had to do to make the Pac12 championship. But there is no "game 3" proposals. You know, like after Alabama beat down LSU? When you looked at the eye test, it was obvious that Alabama and LSU were the 2 best teams in 2011. And if they had been matched up with Stanford and Oklahoma State and beat both of those teams, it wouldn't have changed a thing, it still would be "well the SEC is the best."

But again, that's theoretical. The only thing we can go by is outcomes. What happens on the field. And going by that, Alabama beat 3 undefeated teams in BCS title games by an average score of 33.3-11.6 - an average margin of victory of 21.7 points over teams that combined were 38-0. Please find me somewhere a team that has been that dominant in national championship games in a time span of 4 years. If you guessed anyone other than Nebraska from 94-97, you're wrong. That's the only team in comoarison.

But let's just write off what Alabama has done and admire Oregon's accomplishments, because Oregon just started playing for national championships. NOW these championships are legit.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

Your team makes it the national championship this year and you are busy crying about the past still? And on top of that, being incredibly stupid with it as well? A format which btw your team got a chance in and lost - on the field.

Lets ignore all the other factors that went into those years. Lets ignore that even the best teams don't win 100% of their games every year. Many years there are no undefeated teams to end the season. How teams match up, injuries that happen, all these things change these things.

Arizona beat Oregon the first time, but Oregon won the 2nd time. Which game is the truth? Why does one matter more than the other even though it's been shown that either could win that game? Why does Oregon get to say it's the better team? Because of all the other factors that surround the season is what says Oregon is a better team than Arizona, and we all know that is despite a single game.

And yet that is within a single season. Somehow we are applying a couple of games to the past 15 years? Those are now mythical?

Upsets aren't new to college football. But there are still reasons why they are upsets. Your grapes are so sour you can't even focus on the good times for your team.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why cut off the undefeated season for Alabama prior to the year Oregon went to the NCG?

Oregon went 10-3 in 2009, Alabama went 14-0. Let's for shits and giggles add them to the numbers.

Alabama 84-11
Ducks 83-11

Want to get kinky and add in a little SoS?

Lol SOS
While Alabama was playing a rigorous OOC schedule that included such vaunted teams like the FIU golden panthers, the North Texas mean green and the Chattanooga mocs. Oregon opened against Boise State who was playing at the piñnicle if their program, Purdue and A Urah team that defeated a certain SEC team in the sugar bowl the prior season :spit: