• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wisconsin vs. Arizona

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought for sure Johnson had a shot as he was breaking open. One dribble and a shot. I guess he lost track of the time. Good game

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the kerfuffle of the last 30 seconds, that had to be the best game of the tourney so far.

Good night.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Gordon on Kaminsky was not the problem. Kaminsky did not score a single basket when Gordon was guarding him and Gordon stole the ball twice.

The problem was... for some stupid reason, every time that Gordon and Nick Johnson got invoved in a high screen, they switched... so in the last few minutes of the game and into overtime you saw Nick Johnson guarding Kaminsky more than Gordon.

Terrible decision by Sean Miller. He should have told them from the start to stop switching that screen.
I will have to take another look at the video; seems to me Gordon spent too much time in there guarding Kaminski who got a ton of points and a bunch of rebounds. Really don't know how many but it look to me that that guy simply controlled the game. I get having Gordon help out, but only to assist Tarsewski; not a one on one. At any rate, your guys showed up great and it was a shitty ending for a team that played so well on defense. That charge on Nick Johnson should have been a no call at worst. Sorry things worked out that way. Play all year and one call sends you home.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the kerfuffle of the last 30 seconds, that had to be the best game of the tourney so far.

Good night.

Nah.

I'll take Kentucky over Wichita State for $1 Million Alex.

That was one of the best college basketball games I've ever watched. That game had it all, and then some. The intensity and play of that game was amazing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will have to take another look at the video; seems to me Gordon spent too much time in there guarding Kaminski who got a ton of points and a bunch of rebounds. Really don't know how many but it look to me that that guy simply controlled the game. I get having Gordon help out, but only to assist Tarsewski; not a one on one. At any rate, your guys showed up great and it was a shitty ending for a team that played so well on defense. That charge on Nick Johnson should have been a no call at worst. Sorry things worked out that way. Play all year and one call sends you home.

Yeah, they had Gordon guarding him for most of the last 5 minutes of regulation and overtime, but if you look at it again, Kaminski did not score on Gordon. If he did, it was one or two baskets. The real problem was the switching they were doing. Nick would up on Kaminski 8-10 times down the stretch. It was hard to watch.

Not one call that sent them home. Both teams played great, Wisconsin made the last big play and they won. Nothing to hang our heads over, it was a great season, and next year will be too.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can each cherry-pick bad calls. Twice before that last BS call, the ball went off of Arizona clearly, and they gave it to them. One of them (with Kaminsky guarding) saw him like two feet away from the ball. There were two Arizona monster slams where the ball didn't go in immediately, but their player held the rim and timed it so it went in. That is at minimum basket interference and possibly a technical. I agree we got away with some hooks.

But the thing is, there is a huge difference between an in-game call and replay. With the replay, they had unlimited time (and took a lot of it), and they till got it wrong by focusing on one angle with discarding an angle that showed their one angle was BS. And I'm sorry, but that's inexcusable. I don't want to seem like sour grapes, but it's happened four or five times this tourney. That's a pattern, and the NCAA needs to do something about it.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

I'll take Kentucky over Wichita State for $1 Million Alex.

That was one of the best college basketball games I've ever watched. That game had it all, and then some. The intensity and play of that game was amazing.

Best game of the tournament so far I'll agree on that.

Tonight was a great game too though for sure.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, is I hate to see anybody win or lose, with any kind of possibility of the refs clogging up the winner's joy, or sticking it to the loser, whichever perspective you have.

Should all give credit to Wisconsin for coming out on top, and for Arizona for having a great team all year.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaminsky is a straight up beast. Thought we'd contain him better than that.

He completely is. It's a crazy thought, but after that show tonight, I'm a little worried he might go pro. People haven't talked about it much, but Brust is our only Senior in the eight guy rotation. Maybe I'm getting greedy, but this team has the makings of a special run, and Big Frank's a huge part of that.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, is I hate to see anybody win or lose, with any kind of possibility of the refs clogging up the winner's joy, or sticking it to the loser, whichever perspective you have.

Should all give credit to Wisconsin for coming out on top, and for Arizona for having a great team all year.

Like.

Hate seeing refs involved at the end for sure.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, the more I think about it, the more I think these two teams will be preseason #1 and #2 next year. I can't for the life of me think of two better teams that return anything near as much.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they had Gordon guarding him for most of the last 5 minutes of regulation and overtime, but if you look at it again, Kaminski did not score on Gordon. If he did, it was one or two baskets. The real problem was the switching they were doing. Nick would up on Kaminski 8-10 times down the stretch. It was hard to watch.

Not one call that sent them home. Both teams played great, Wisconsin made the last big play and they won. Nothing to hang our heads over, it was a great season, and next year will be too.

After that loss; you are still a class act and I agree about one call not making a game. I felt that one was horrible timing. Wish it never happened and for me, it took something away from the game. Nick Johnson dribbling the ball past the time was a killer also. One less dribble and throw up a good shot would have been better. At any rate, congrats on a great season and missing Brandon Ashley has to be in your mind. Such a shame when an excellent player goes down for the season. Same thing for Michigan with out McGary; another excellent player.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, the more I think about it, the more I think these two teams will be preseason #1 and #2 next year. I can't for the life of me think of two better teams that return anything near as much.

Lol lets not get too crazy!

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kentucky if they wanted to.

:behindsofa:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that loss; you are still a class act and I agree about one call not making a game. I felt that one was horrible timing. Wish it never happened and for me, it took something away from the game. Nick Johnson dribbling the ball past the time was a killer also. One less dribble and throw up a good shot would have been better. At any rate, congrats on a great season and missing Brandon Ashley has to be in your mind. Such a shame when an excellent player goes down for the season. Same thing for Michigan with out McGary; another excellent player.

Yeah, I'm an older dude for these types of boards, in my mid 30s... and my family has had season tickets to UofA basketball since the 1970s, so I've seen a lot of good basketball over the years, have been to 500 games at McKale Center.

When I was younger it would crush me when they lost in the tourney. This is now the 9th Elite Eight I've seen them play as a fan and they have lost 5 of them. At the end of the day, Arizona lost, Wisconsin won. Nothing else really matters. It was a great season for the Cats, they were down one of their best players, but that is not an excuse, that is again, just the reality.

I'm on the boards every day, win or lose and take after our former coach Lute Olson; Win and lose with class. That is the only way that I know how to be a fan.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done Badgers, good luck in Texas.

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one hell of a game! One of the worst officiated games I've seen in the tournament (well, outside of that Oklahoma State/Gonzaga game), but still, you have to give a lot of credit to the players for going out there and giving it their all.

I agree with Greg Anthony that it sucks that one of these two teams had to be out at this point because I felt both teams deserved to make it to the Final Four.

Oh, and I would just like to say good game, Wildcats. You guys have one hell of a team.

And one last thing, GreatDayne, please shut up. You make Wisconsin fans look bad. Granted, you probably won't listen to me anyway...

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the Madness I tells ya!

said this 12 days ago...

Easy though, to imagine a FF made up of Florida, Iowa State, Wisconsin and Louisville too.
(well...mebbe not Wisconsin...that'd be pushing credibility a bit much.)

brats and beer for breakfast tomorrow...why not?...nothing makes sense any more.