• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wisconsin vs. Arizona

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just tired of not seeing one person chose UW over AZ All year.

Hold on there Hoss; I picked Wisconsin to win and spent a lot of time explaining why. That said, Have to give it up for Arizona; in spite of no answer for Kaminski, Arizona played tough. Aaron Gordon is one hell of a player and to ask him to guard Kaminski is just too much for a forward. Tarzewski, just a sophomore was out manned inside.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me. You could see the shove with the elbow. It was as textbook of a foul as you can possibly get. You can't push and extend with the elbow and expect a no call.

Watching from the top, you can clearly see the defender lean into him and body him up first. AT BEST it's a no call.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me. You could see the shove with the elbow. It was as textbook of a foul as you can possibly get. You can't push and extend with the elbow and expect a no call.

The problem with this is, there was contact before Johnson pushed off. If you make a call you call a defensive foul or no-call.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked and fucking appalled at the way the refs handled the end. It was clearly off of them. Traevon was beneath the ball. You could see it from either of the side views clear as day. And all of a fucking sudden, the refs shift to the overhead angle and say it was off of us. Are you fucking kidding me? Do they want a signature buzzer beater that fucking bad?

I'm elated. The last time Wisconsin went to the Final Four, I was in the third grade. And to have it happen with this bunch, many of whom I saw on campus all the time and had season tickets to watch makes it all the more special. This is probably the biggest win of my tortured sports fan life (only the Bears NFC Title win comes close). I'm loving it, but holy shit we almost got jobbed, and someone needs to be held accountable. Totally inexcusable.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with this is, there was contact before Johnson pushed off. If you make a call you call a defensive foul or no-call.
Completely agree, 85% of the time that is a defensive foul.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to Wisconsin.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the refs on advancing to the Final Four.

Lol come on, your really going to say that after you got the ball back with that last call.

Your boy Johnson did push off, even if you don't call a charge, he missed...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked and fucking appalled at the way the refs handled the end. It was clearly off of them. Traevon was beneath the ball. You could see it from either of the side views clear as day. And all of a fucking sudden, the refs shift to the overhead angle and say it was off of us. Are you fucking kidding me? Do they want a signature buzzer beater that fucking bad?

I'm elated. The last time Wisconsin went to the Final Four, I was in the third grade. And to have it happen with this bunch, many of whom I saw on campus all the time and had season tickets to watch makes it all the more special. This is probably the biggest win of my tortured sports fan life (only the Bears NFC Title win comes close). I'm loving it, but holy shit we almost got jobbed, and someone needs to be held accountable. Totally inexcusable.

That wasn't the refs, it was Vegas

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Arizona is an insane defensive team. Great fucking game. Neither of us shot well today, and it's unfortunate because the loser was going to have to go home knowing they played a hell of a game in every other facet. That's a great team that easily could have won. Without a doubt, they were the best defensive team we played all year, and we played VA, Florida, Ohio State, and SLU. It's only matter of time till Miller makes a Final Four and wins a title. It's probably gonna be sooner rather than later.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Wiscy fans, can't imagine how thrilled you must be right now. You guys don't control the officiating so I won't say anything negative towards you. Besides Great Dayne.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is there is way too much discussion about the refs this year across the board impacting games...

Hope they review that and make the necessary changes to get them the fuck out of the game.

And the antics of the refs thinking they are calling a 3-2 strike in the bottom of the 9th is getting old. Call the fouls... nobody is their to see you!

People are talking about it because there was a change this year.

Haven't seen a game worth mentioning in the tournament that was effected by the refs. There have been some tough calls, but that is how it goes with a sport that has that many possessions.

Fans with interest become biased and see bias amongst refs depending upon the team they are rooting for.

Both teams played well enough to win. Neither team really made a play to win, and it came down to the team that survived.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol come on, your really going to say that after you got the ball back with that last call.

Your boy Johnson did push off, even if you don't call a charge, he missed...

Honestly, it's not even about that. They called a foul on almost every screen we set and let their big men get away with 5 or 6 hooks that led to easy buckets.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Wiscy fans, can't imagine how thrilled you must be right now. You guys don't control the officiating so I won't say anything negative towards you. Besides Great Dayne.

Righty...pretty backhanded there don't cha think? Wisky played great and won.

You had a shot and ran a horrible play.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on there Hoss; I picked Wisconsin to win and spent a lot of time explaining why. That said, Have to give it up for Arizona; in spite of no answer for Kaminski, Arizona played tough. Aaron Gordon is one hell of a player and to ask him to guard Kaminski is just too much for a forward. Tarzewski, just a sophomore was out manned inside.

Nah, Gordon on Kaminsky was not the problem. Kaminsky did not score a single basket when Gordon was guarding him and Gordon stole the ball twice.

The problem was... for some stupid reason, every time that Gordon and Nick Johnson got invoved in a high screen, they switched... so in the last few minutes of the game and into overtime you saw Nick Johnson guarding Kaminsky more than Gordon.

Terrible decision by Sean Miller. He should have told them from the start to stop switching that screen.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, it's not even about that. They called a foul on almost every screen we set and let their big men get away with 5 or 6 hooks that led to easy buckets.

The refs have not been great this tournament but unfortunately no one will remember what the refs did or did not do tonight.

AZ is a great squad and had a great year.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Righty...pretty backhanded there don't cha think? Wisky played great and won.

You had a shot and ran a horrible play.

Get off him dude. His team just lost a heartbreaker.