• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wisconsin vs. Arizona

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that 2000 Wisconsin team that grinded everyone to death to the Final Four.. Man did I hate them..

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect a close grind it out kind of game. I don't think Nick Johnson will struggle like he did last night. Both teams play similar defenses, so I'm interested in who attacks the defense best

I'm expecting this game to consistently be played within a 5 point range, I just don't know that either team really pulls away from the other. I don't think Arizona let's Kaminsky beat them, someone else needs to step up. Kaminsky has been surprising people with how athletic he is, I would be surprised if Arizona gets caught off guard by his athleticism. I have a feeling Josh Gasser is going to step up and play a big time game.

Gasser has impressed me more than anyone as he appears to step up his game during the tournament despite his injury. He's solid defensively, a beast in the paint and deadly beyond the arc. I'm hoping for a big game from Decker as he was extremely disappointing in the previous game. One slight advantage UW might have is depth. Working the ball around the outside might wear down AZ and in the second half it could potentially pay dividends.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the game I have been waiting for; the first real test for Arizona. Every other team in the field has had a couple of nail biters. Each team has an X-factor guy that it appears the other will struggle dealing with that match-up. I'm referring to Aaron Gordon and Frank Kaminski. I think the game is about each team not allowing those guys to dominate the game.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying it all year... Both of these teams suck ass and would both lose if at all possible. Neither have been tested, both have had extremely easy roads to the E8... No talent, no coaching, and who are we kidding, they both come from terrible conferences. :suds:

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the game I have been waiting for; the first real test for Arizona. Every other team in the field has had a couple of nail biters. Each team has an X-factor guy that it appears the other will struggle dealing with that match-up. I'm referring to Aaron Gordon and Frank Kaminski. I think the game is about each team not allowing those guys to dominate the game.

Not sure how AZ being down almost all game to SDSU in front of an Aztec fan majority, 100 miles from SD is not considered a real test. And I'm wondering how that is less of a nail-biter than Florida leading for all but the first 10 minutes of the game, and winning by double digits.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how AZ being down almost all game to SDSU in front of an Aztec fan majority, 100 miles from SD is not considered a real test. And I'm wondering how that is less of a nail-biter than Florida leading for all but the first 10 minutes of the game, and winning by double digits.

The fact that Arizona was down at all to SDSU bothers me and that is probably why Arizona will be considered a 2 plus point dog against Wisconsin. I suspect most would consider Florida beating UCLA, a team that dominated the PAC tournament, a quality win. UJCLA's final games against Oregon and Arizona pretty much made a statement regarding that team. Oregon, in their loss to Wisconsin was very impressive. In addition no team dominated Pitts offense as did Florida; again a quality win. Both games stayed somewhat close until the 2nd half depth of Florida talent took over the games.

I stated my case on how Arizona beats Wisconsin which is Gordon having to dominate on both ends of the court. Nick Johnson will have to play a lot better as well. If both of those things don't happen; Wisconsin wins that game.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Arizona was down at all to SDSU bothers me and that is probably why Arizona will be considered a 2 plus point dog against Wisconsin. I suspect most would consider Florida beating UCLA, a team that dominated the PAC tournament, a quality win. UJCLA's final games against Oregon and Arizona pretty much made a statement regarding that team. Oregon, in their loss to Wisconsin was very impressive. In addition no team dominated Pitts offense as did Florida; again a quality win. Both games stayed somewhat close until the 2nd half depth of Florida talent took over the games.

I stated my case on how Arizona beats Wisconsin which is Gordon having to dominate on both ends of the court. Nick Johnson will have to play a lot better as well. If both of those things don't happen; Wisconsin wins that game.

I agree that Florida beating UCLA was a quality win. No argument there. But I'd also argue that they didn't "dominate the Pac tourney". They did well, and they won. But AZ played the better overall game. AZ shot 37% from the line, and that's why they lost by 4. AZ and UCLA were equal in almost every stat, except AZ had a better FG% and more FGs made, while UCLA shot better from the line. That was the difference. That's not dominance. That's AZ beating themselves.

And NJ will play better. I think that getting 15 points in the last 3 minutes proves that, in addition to the fact that NJ has never gone 37 minutes without a point before. It was definitely an outlier for him. Watch for him to establish himself early. Zeus also had severe foul trouble, which led to SDSU owning the boards, I don't see that happening again, either. AZ played their worst 30 minutes of the season, and still beat a solid SDSU team. So I still like them to play well today.

Wisky can definitely win this game. They are a solid squad.

My point was simply that last game was certainly a nail-biter, and that beating SDSU with so much going wrong, being down for much of the game, with the crowd foaming at the bit for an upset, was definitely a real test for AZ (and any team), and shows that AZ is a resilient team who has a ton of heart.

I would bet that we don't see another game where Zeus plays the whole game in foul trouble, RHJ fouls out, and NJ goes 37 minutes without a point.

Should be a great game, and it's going to take a whole team effort for either to win.

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very close game
arizona wins by less than 5 due to the homecourt advantage
thats my call

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Florida beating UCLA was a quality win. No argument there. But I'd also argue that they didn't "dominate the Pac tourney". They did well, and they won. But AZ played the better overall game. AZ shot 37% from the line, and that's why they lost by 4. AZ and UCLA were equal in almost every stat, except AZ had a better FG% and more FGs made, while UCLA shot better from the line. That was the difference. That's not dominance. That's AZ beating themselves.

And NJ will play better. I think that getting 15 points in the last 3 minutes proves that, in addition to the fact that NJ has never gone 37 minutes without a point before. It was definitely an outlier for him. Watch for him to establish himself early. Zeus also had severe foul trouble, which led to SDSU owning the boards, I don't see that happening again, either. AZ played their worst 30 minutes of the season, and still beat a solid SDSU team. So I still like them to play well today.

Wisky can definitely win this game. They are a solid squad.

My point was simply that last game was certainly a nail-biter, and that beating SDSU with so much going wrong, being down for much of the game, with the crowd foaming at the bit for an upset, was definitely a real test for AZ (and any team), and shows that AZ is a resilient team who has a ton of heart.

I would bet that we don't see another game where Zeus plays the whole game in foul trouble, RHJ fouls out, and NJ goes 37 minutes without a point.

Should be a great game, and it's going to take a whole team effort for either to win.

All good points and I agree with every word. The team that shows up not ready to play "A" ball will lose. I can make a case for Wisconsin losing as well: Gordon takes out Dekker; can't give him good looks, and helps out inside when Kaminiski has the ball. Jefferson has to help out as well. Can't let Kaminiski put the ball on the floor and the best way to do that is every time the ball comes inside, the forward on that side has to take away his dribble. Gordon is the best athlete on the floor and he is the only person capable of that double duty. Nick Johnson has to have another stellar defensive effort as Gasser, Brust, and Jackson can really shoot that ball. If those guys are pushed hard and lose their shooting legs, this game could turn around quickly. It's going to take possibly the best defense in CBB to play their best defensive game. If I'm Sean Miller, I start out playing some small ball and make those guys run which will pay dividends later when the 3 point guys aren't making so many shots. At any rate; this is the game I believe will be the most exciting because of the high expectations for both teams.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty much a home game for Zona.. Should win by 10..

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope it is a good game... I don't like blowouts (unless it is my team of course).

:)

SpartyNash13

Spartan Dawg
Hoopla Cash
$ 963.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I was a good fan of my conference...but I'm not. I never root for Michigan, O$U, Wisconsin, or Indiana regardless of the scenario unless it directly benefits MSU in a huge way. That and my bracket pool needs AZ to at least go to the title game.

Bear Down!

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Michigan fan and hate the Suckeyes and Spartans.. But tbh, I hate the Hoosiers more than anyone other team in the B1G in basketball..

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get this started. I hope it's a great game, goes down to the last second, and makes both sets of fans sweat. That's what the tournament is all about.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final Four Time! BTFD!

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18