• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wings 2014 position by position Breakdown...

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that time....time for that Wings character to start bitchin about what he thinks is so wrong with this football team....and what is right about it. Let's take it position by position. I'll grade each position the way I see it, and I am curious to see everyone else's grades.

QB - In year 2 of Nick Foles as the starter we saw Kevin Kolb Part 2. A guy who looked damn good in year 1 to a guy that was constantly backing up and throwing off his back foot or throwing from his heels. All too often we saw balls thrown up for grabs. Mark Sanchez played adequately for a backup. Clearly this position is cause for concern. Grade: C minus

RB - Darren Sproles was phenomenal early on, then he hurt his knee and it seemed like Chip went away from Sproles. Personally, I thought Sproles should have gotten an average of 3 more carries and 2 more passes per game. C hris Polk ran with authority when given a chance. HE was a solid short yardage and goal line back. Lesean McCoy as i pointed out in another thread to me was a let down this year. Without beating a dead horse I will say one last thing about Mccoy....he needs to learn to run ANGRY! Grade: B Minus

WR - Jeremy Maclin was having a phenomenal year until Foles went down...after that it seemed like Sanchez did not look his way often. Jordan Matthews was phenomenal. The kid put up solid numbers and was open often. Josh Huff showed glimpses of what he can do, but all too often made rookie mistakes. The rest of the Wr's on this team are complete garbage. Clearly upgrades are still needed Grade: B Minus

TE - Brent Celek is a Beast and played well, unfortunately the Zach Attack wasn't put into motion until the end of the season. Clearly Zach has the talent...Grade: B

O-Line
- I thought Peters looked a bit Fat this year, the fact that Peters is getting older I think it is imperitive that he gets his weight down about 25 pounds for next season. I thought too often he was beaten by speed rushers. Evan Mathis clearly took a step backwards this year. Jason Kelce looked great before his injury and looked a bit pedestrian after that. The RG position was a disgrace. Lane Johnson had the sophomore jinx. First he gets suspended, then he looked great, then not so good, then great, then not so good... Clealry we need a RG and some youth that can challenge in a year...Grade: C

Defensive Line - Flectcher Cox was an absolute BEAST! Bennie Logan showed even more in year #2 and could really be a force next year. I am not a Cedric Thornton guy, I think he is very average. Vinny Curry was awesome when he had his chances. Beau Allen showed some promise.. Grade: B

Linebackers - Brandon Graham who you all know I am a huge fan of disappoints me. Yeah i know he had a decent year, but he looks fat and a bit out of shape to me. I think a good 15 pounds needs to come off this offseason. Trent Cole is about done here, at least as a full time starter. Demeco Ryans is done. I felt Ryans was average at best anyway, and his replacement needs to be brought in or drafted. Michael Kendricks had a great year and continues to shine, as did Connor Barwin who was lights out! Piss poor ILB play hurts the grade....Grade : C plus

Safety - Malcolm Jenkins was a huge improvement over Chung, but Jenkins dropped two pick 6's at the end of the year that cost us dearly! Nate Allen Fuckin Blows! Clearly we need a new Safety Grade: C Minus

CB -
Between Mr Penalty Williams and Toast Fletcher it's a clear F only Boykin brings in up a tad and even he didn't have a great year. We need 2 new Cb's... Grade: D Minus

Special teams - our Punter our Kicker or coverage teams our punt/Kick blockers everything including coach FIPP Grade: A PLUS

Coaching : Chip Kelly made mistakes but I thought he improved upon some of the college junk he tried his rookie year. I was disappointed to not see him make better adjustments at times, and step in when certain other coaches refused to pull players or roll safety over in coverage. Grade: B Minus

Final Thoughts: Chip did a kick ass job addressing our special teams this past off season he brought in some special teams Demons and a solid young kicker props to him for that. His failure was improving our piss poor secondary that we all knew was a huge trouble spot. The draft is a huge huge question mark and clearly the first rd pick was the WRONG position. Especially since there were players at several need positions that WE the fans knew could come in and help us immediately.

TIMES YOURS.....:suds:

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty spot on, I think the DL was an A and CB were an F, they were that bad.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings is a tough grader, but for the most part he is spot on

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB
OL
ILB
CB
S

Would like to get an impact player at each pos but its gonna be difficult unless we knock it out of the park in Free Agency & then the draft. Most important position that needs clearing up is QB.

Cant see us contending for SB in 2015. Too many changes need to be made. Possible in 2016 but thats a long way off.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 corners
1 safety
1 ILB
1 Wr
1 QB
2 OL

We need to get these in the offseason, in no particular order. Most likely 1 CB, and 1 OL in free agency.