• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Windows Support" Scam

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone been called by these clowns from India claiming to be "Windows Tech Support"? They cold called me the other day for the 3rd time so I decided to play around and waste their time. While playing stupid, I pretended that I was having trouble plugging my computer in due to our house being remodeled and asked for a number that I could call him back on (I was actually eating breakfast). He insisted that he would hold so I left him on the line for almost 20 minutes. In the end he asked me a few questions regarding who used the PC and and which operating system was installed. That's when I lied some more telling him that I had a Mac and surf the web with Safari. All I heard at the time was..."It's a MAAAAC!!?!?". Then the line went dead.

Anyone else receive these calls?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone been called by these clowns from India claiming to be "Windows Tech Support"? They cold called me the other day for the 3rd time so I decided to play around and waste their time. While playing stupid, I pretended that I was having trouble plugging my computer in due to our house being remodeled and asked for a number that I could call him back on (I was actually eating breakfast). He insisted that he would hold so I left him on the line for almost 20 minutes. In the end he asked me a few questions regarding who used the PC and and which operating system was installed. That's when I lied some more telling him that I had a Mac and surf the web with Safari. All I heard at the time was..."It's a MAAAAC!!?!?". Then the line went dead.

Anyone else receive these calls?
:lol: Yes I have. I played with them a bit, but not to your extent. If I ever get another call from them, I'm going to see if I can out do you.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've known a couple of people who have had those. My brother in law was one.

Good for you making him waste part of his day.

kcvet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
windows has no phone tech support. the scare is you have a virus and they need immediate control of your PC to rip your ass off. yeah i played along to

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
windows has no phone tech support

Not entirely true, but you have to initiate the call, have your credit card ready and pay an outrageous fee to get it, only to find out that MS tech support knows less than you do about Windows. :D (really, the FixIt tool that is available and free works better most of the time)

pistlpete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These clowns called our house every week for a long time. We changed from Comcast to Frontier and there was a screw up keeping our old phone number. Had to get a new number and haven't heard from these guys since.