• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Win this many games or no title for you

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. So today if you win less than 44 games you ain't winning the title. And if you're less than the 3 seed you ain't either.
Idk this year there might be an exception. If Phoenix does not win 44 they could very well win the title if they stay healthy. Very unique circumstance, acquiring an injured superstar that might not play his first game with the team until end of season or in the playoffs. Still going to be tough with the competition though but if there was ever a team, it would be this year.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk this year there might be an exception. If Phoenix does not win 44 they could very well win the title if they stay healthy. Very unique circumstance, acquiring an injured superstar that might not play his first game with the team until end of season or in the playoffs. Still going to be tough with the competition though but if there was ever a team, it would be this year.
There's always that hope. The reason the Rockets won as a 6 seed was I believe injuries that kept their record low. The reason the Warriors won last year with a mediocre record was exactly that, they were never fully healthy until the playoffs (the big 3 played zero games together until then)

Phoenix only has to go 12-10 to get to 44 wins and if they can't do that with KD they ain't winning so I stand by it.

This could be the first year in an 82 game season a team with less than 44 wins gets the title but I wouldn't bet on that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always that hope. The reason the Rockets won as a 6 seed was I believe injuries that kept their record low. The reason the Warriors won last year with a mediocre record was exactly that, they were never fully healthy until the playoffs (the big 3 played zero games together until then)

Phoenix only has to go 12-10 to get to 44 wins and if they can't do that with KD they ain't winning so I stand by it.

This could be the first year in an 82 game season a team with less than 44 wins gets the title but I wouldn't bet on that.

They were also defending champs that year. They pretty clearly didn’t value the regular season. Knew they could win seeded anywhere.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were also defending champs that year. They pretty clearly didn’t value the regular season. Knew they could win seeded anywhere.
I feel like the Warriors are doing something similar this year but it ain't gonna work out for them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the Warriors are doing something similar this year but it ain't gonna work out for them.

Probably not.

But I wouldn’t rule it out either.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not.

But I wouldn’t rule it out either.
I'm still rooting for it of course. Just not getting my hopes up, it ain't happening.

Don't see why it won't be one of the top seeds: Boston, Milwaukee, Denver, Phoenix if they look good with KD and move up to the 3rd or 4th seed.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not blaming you.

Also though… that team had a lot of things happen that made this run possible.

Injuries and severe underachieving in the strike shortened 50 game regular season caused them to be very underseeded relative to their talent.

Not unlike the Lakers, which I know is your point.

However, they also got beat pretty handily by the Spurs, losing in 5 games despite the middle 3 being at the Garden.

I don’t think the Knicks had much chance to actually win the Finals.
They got there though - and like it or not - sometimes, they win by luck - If AD hadn't made that miracle shot against Miami - the Lakers most likely would have lost that series.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got there though - and like it or not - sometimes, they win by luck - If AD hadn't made that miracle shot against Miami - the Lakers most likely would have lost that series.

They won in 6 games. No one shot loses the series for the Lakers.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team has ever won the title without winning at least 44 games. So keep fighting for those low seeds but you ain't winning dick without going at least 44-38

I don’t want to win dick. Nor would I want to diddly squat. He can diddle himself.