• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Williams cars

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are they SO bad? Every race you hear “Racing Points are basically 2019 Mercedes.” What version of the Merc power unit is Williams running? Why is their car so bad that they can’t do the same?

also recently saw Williams may go after PER this offseason, which could leave RUS high and dry unfortunately, bc LAT’s dad owns Sofina and has the $$$

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running same engine as Racing Point and factory team.

They've had a tough time of late. Small team always and no finishes takes even more $ away.

I think Russell stays and Perez punts one of the useless sacks of shit at Haas.

If I was Red Bull, I'd dump Albon and bring in Perez as well. Perez brings $$. And he's good.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Russell stays and Perez punts one of the useless sacks of shit at Haas.

If I was Red Bull, I'd dump Albon and bring in Perez as well. Perez brings $$. And he's good.
Agree on both. I can’t believe Albon has gotten a pass from RB this long.

id be upset to see Russell without a spot, considering I think he’s a better driver than Albon and Norris, who he jumped from F2 with

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

id be upset to see Russell without a spot, considering I think he’s a better driver than Albon and Norris, who he jumped from F2 with

I like Norris just fine. Next year will be interesting as he will have Danny Ric to race against and a Benz lump.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel like Russel will wind up in the Mercedes if Williams drops him. I think as soon as either Bottas or Hamilton retires or leaves, Russell is Mercedes' heir apparent. He over achieves that car so often and in testing the actual Merc he was within 3 tenths of Bottas at Barcelona. The guy has immense skill, he just had the rotten luck of going to Williams. I honestly think that Racing Point/Aston martin made a huge mistake signing Vettel next year. If their lineup this year was Russell/Hulkenberg they might be right on Red Bull's heels for second constructor. They'd be consistently finishing both cars in the top 6, IMO. They'd have a few podiums as well.

As for why the car sucks, a few years ago, they went in a direction with the Chassis that was the wrong one. Paddy Lowe was tech director and he set the car back a year or two trying to be creative and once they realized it wasn't going to work they started to fix it. They didn't have the financial resources or talent to either truly innovate or do as RP did and just buy a parts bin car. So while they have progressed steadily, the rest of the paddock has progressed faster leaving them at the back still.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the fear Williams has anyway, that they develop Russell and MB steals him when they want him.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latifi and Russell confirmed for next year at Williams ending Perez speculation.

Perez should go to Red Bull with his shekels. With Honda leaving Red Bull I think intends to take over the engine program on their own.

Perez $$ would aid a lot in that.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latifi and Russell confirmed for next year at Williams ending Perez speculation.

Perez should go to Red Bull with his shekels. With Honda leaving Red Bull I think intends to take over the engine program on their own.

Perez $$ would aid a lot in that.
I would love to see Hulkenberg at the big RBR team and Perez at Alpha Tauri with Gasly. The experience (and cash) that would come in would get that program up to speed fast.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kvyat has some deep pockets behind him.
Yeah, he brings a lot of money. I was thinking when I wrote that that I haven't really seen much special from him in his time in F1.

They he goes and rips it up today.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perez with RBR would be fun.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of silliness going on in F-1 for next year. One of the interesting stories is who is going to fill the two open seats over at Haas. Mick Schumacher is rumored to be one and Nico Hulkenberg may be the other.