• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Warrior Championship have asterisk by it?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just had a thought...with first Kevin Love being injured and now Kyrie Irving out of the finals, will people think any less of a Warrior championship if we do win? I mean, you can't penalize a team for ther other team not being healthy, but will people know this finals series as the series when one of Cleveland's top two players got hurt in the first game?

History has thus far shown that this Warrior team is one of the greatest of all time, as far as number of wins, leading the league in both offense and defense, and having one of the best point differentials in history. I say that if we win in 6 games or less, that there should be no mention of "who played and who didn't play" for the Warriors' opponents...that this year's Warrior team goes down in history as one of the greatest teams ever.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell NO ! Best record all year. They have earned this. Period !

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of it this way, the Ws (nor any champion, assuming they win) have no control over who they face or the injuries of their opponents. The East was so shitty that a hobbled Cavs team easily won it. Meanwhile the Ws dominated the historically good West, then dominated the playoffs (yes they avoided a couple of teams in the playoffs but again not their fault).

When the Bulls won all those titles the West was kind of weak, no one cares.

And anyone who does say the Ws have an 'asterix' are idiots and can be ignored.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No asterisk for this team. Possibly some Cavs fans might bring it up but injuries are filed under 'Shit happens'.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd be champions but they'd have to win another one for people to go back and say that this was one of the greatest teams of all time like their metrics would suggest.

Having the Thunder fall apart and the Spurs limp in really hurts the image of them traveling through a tough West and the East was a joke and the Cavs really played them hard in Game 1 without Love.

No asterisk, though. Thats saved for the things like the Patriots and Barry Bonds

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this was a topic everyone was interested in, for a change.

I have to agree with Clayton above, not that I disagree with any of the other comments. It would certainly help the Dubs' place in history if they end up getting to another finals and perhaps also winning it. The team is still very young, with only Bogut and AI9 getting up there in years. But, both of them play fairly limited minutes, so they should be able to contribute considerably for the next 3-4 years.

Also, maybe I'm wrong here, but this team seems as though they like playing with each other and in Golden State. I see most of these players sticking with GS as opposed to bolting to another team for more money. Some guys who may not be getting much playing time might want the opportunity to further their careers by going to another team where they'll get some PT, but I think that the guys who are starting now plus AI9 are locked in, if not contractually, then in spirit and desire. Someone could pluck away reserves like Speights (though I hope not), Barbosa or Livingston, but I believe our core players will be with the team for a good while.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this was a topic everyone was interested in, for a change.

I have to agree with Clayton above, not that I disagree with any of the other comments. It would certainly help the Dubs' place in history if they end up getting to another finals and perhaps also winning it. The team is still very young, with only Bogut and AI9 getting up there in years. But, both of them play fairly limited minutes, so they should be able to contribute considerably for the next 3-4 years.

Also, maybe I'm wrong here, but this team seems as though they like playing with each other and in Golden State. I see most of these players sticking with GS as opposed to bolting to another team for more money. Some guys who may not be getting much playing time might want the opportunity to further their careers by going to another team where they'll get some PT, but I think that the guys who are starting now plus AI9 are locked in, if not contractually, then in spirit and desire. Someone could pluck away reserves like Speights (though I hope not), Barbosa or Livingston, but I believe our core players will be with the team for a good while.

Lee will be dealt for sure as an expiring contract, to make room for Draymond's extension and to bring back some pieces to replace some of the other bench guys that will surely leave. The starters will all return. As long as they can reconfigure the bench to be close to as strong as this one, they will be in the mix next year too.

The front office has clearly shown they can handle this.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In retrospect, maybe the title of this thread should have just read "Will Warriors Win Championship". This game (game 2 loss to Cleveland) was like the 2 against Memphis where our offense was stymied, but still much worse.