• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Tom Brady have another 2007 performance this year?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. SI has called Brady the most influential person in the NFL. They say like 2007 he and the Patriots will run wild over the rest of the league in a fit of righteous indignation.

There is NO DOUBT that Brady and the Patriots will be extremely motivated to prove the rest of the NFL wrong. They WILL be on a mission.

The question I have is:

Will they be able to pull it off?

Brady is almost 40 now. They won't have the dual tandem of Moss and Welker but they will have Gronk, Edelman and the rest.

They certainly won't have the defense of last year particularly in the secondary but then the 2007 defense wasn't that great either.

So can they do it? Will they fail? Badly?

This is an actual football question. So keep the hate and rants to a minimum if at all possible.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no Randy Moss. Simple but poignant as it relates in this case. Gronk is great, but he can't take the top straight off like Moss could back then. People talk about indignation as it relates to the 07 team, truth is they were realllly good. They went 11-5 with a bum at QB the following year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure we'll see the team repeat due to the defense looking weaker on paper than 07. Then again BB always surprises us. I do think the Pats offense will put up some crazy numbers. Don't forget about Chandler that dual TE tandem is back. Just hope one of the RBs can fill in for Vereen.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol!!!

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.
The 07 team was far and away better. Brady actually had a decent arm back then as well. The have to rely on the 3 yard dump offs too often now which seemed to work for them last year, but this year will be a different story.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure we'll see the team repeat due to the defense looking weaker on paper than 07. Then again BB always surprises us. I do think the Pats offense will put up some crazy numbers. Don't forget about Chandler that dual TE tandem is back. Just hope one of the RBs can fill in for Vereen.

Yes! I forgot about Chandler. He and Gronk will do some serious damage together.

Yeah my concerns are with the D too. The 2007 defense was probably better but still not as good as people think. It's easier to play D with a 2td+ lead.

Last edited:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no Randy Moss. Simple but poignant as it relates in this case. Gronk is great, but he can't take the top straight off like Moss could back then. People talk about indignation as it relates to the 07 team, truth is they were realllly good. They went 11-5 with a bum at QB the following year.

Moss was certainly unchained after his years in Oakland. He was great that year. That's why he'll always love the Patriots.

Last edited:

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. SI has called Brady the most influential person in the NFL. They say like 2007 he and the Patriots will run wild over the rest of the league in a fit of righteous indignation.

There is NO DOUBT that Brady and the Patriots will be extremely motivated to prove the rest of the NFL wrong. They WILL be on a mission.

The question I have is:

Will they be able to pull it off?

Brady is almost 40 now. They won't have the dual tandem of Moss and Welker but they will have Gronk, Edelman and the rest.

They certainly won't have the defense of last year particularly in the secondary but then the 2007 defense wasn't that great either.

So can they do it? Will they fail? Badly?

This is an actual football question. So keep the hate and rants to a minimum if at all possible.

An emphatic NO.....
1. Brady is too old and slow to take this O on his back and carry it to a season like that one.
Can he still play at a high level, yes but he is fading as all do with time....
2. The D is gonna be far weaker than that 19 and Uh Oh team....
3. No Randy Moss...
4. They will be under close watch for cheating, so no pushing the envelope this yr....
5. And did I mention that Tom is too old and slow at 37 or whatever he is.....

Get ready Pats fans, it's on the way !!! :nod:
398106_254638341334673_306355154_n_zpsqa8eluev.jpg

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An emphatic NO.....
1. Brady is too old and slow to take this O on his back and carry it to a season like that one.
Can he still play at a high level, yes but he is fading as all do with time....
2. The D is gonna be far weaker than that 19 and Uh Oh team....
3. No Randy Moss...
4. They will be under close watch for cheating, so no pushing the envelope this yr....
5. And did I mention that Tom is too old and slow at 37 or whatever he is.....

Get ready Pats fans, it's on the way !!! :nod:
398106_254638341334673_306355154_n_zpsqa8eluev.jpg

And will still out perform Flacco. :pound:

Reactions: BUD

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that is a Pats pipe dream, Brady hasn't done it as of yet, and he's ready for the Rascal now so safe to say; it ain't hapnin.....
And what happened to you saying; "This is an actual football question. So keep the hate and rants to a minimum if at all possible." ?????
Your Pats inferiority complex is showing, little one !!

new-england-patriots-deflategate-memes_1_zpsrb7o03rj.jpg

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Check the playoff stats when the two teams play and the playoffs since 2008 when Flacco came into the league.

This is the data and while it excludes the last game this year but only thing different . Brady finally tied Flacco at 2-2 and the best pass thrown all day from NE was from Edelman to Amendola bc Brady was so ineffective BB had to give the ball to someone who could throw. The numbers speak for themselves and Brady has been outplayed by January Joe Flacco!

image.jpg

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, older, team isn't as talented as back then IMO. I think someone from the AFC South is in the Super Bowl this year. Either Balt or Pitts gets some lucky defensive up and comers and puts it together.

I'd like a Balt/Sea (obviously) Super Bowl. That'd be pretty fun. OR a Pitts/Sea rematch with the complete opposite from 2005. This time Pitts has the offense but Seattle has the defense. Exact opposite of 2005 :)

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, older, team isn't as talented as back then IMO. I think someone from the AFC South is in the Super Bowl this year. Either Balt or Pitts gets some lucky defensive up and comers and puts it together.

I'd like a Balt/Sea (obviously) Super Bowl. That'd be pretty fun. OR a Pitts/Sea rematch with the complete opposite from 2005. This time Pitts has the offense but Seattle has the defense. Exact opposite of 2005 :)

Love to see a Baltimore / Seattle SB be a pre-SB game in Baltimore in The regular season in December(?).

Be a great matchup.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check the playoff stats when the two teams play and the playoffs since 2008 when Flacco came into the league.

This is the data and while it excludes the last game this year but only thing different . Brady finally tied Flacco at 2-2 and the best pass thrown all day from NE was from Edelman to Amendola bc Brady was so ineffective BB had to give the ball to someone who could throw. The numbers speak for themselves and Brady has been outplayed by January Joe Flacco!

View attachment 17748

bam_zpstfh8fofx.jpg

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love to see a Baltimore / Seattle SB be a pre-SB game in Baltimore in The regular season in December(?).

Be a great matchup.

Yah I think Balt/Sea would be good. Both teams are very equal overall.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 17748

And yet Flacco is still just an avg qb overall. That pick he through to seal the game was awesome. And by the way the guy that picked it, Duron Harmon, is still on the Patriots defense.

Enjoy,

Last edited:

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet Flacco is still just an avg qb overall. That pick he through to seal the game was awesome. And by the way the guy that picked it, Duron Harmon, is still on the Patriots defense.

Enjoy,

Yeah that was a nice comeback led by Edelmans pass to Amendola. Down by 14 twice and Edelman came through for u with he best pass of the day. Well done Edelman saved the day and BB had obviously lost confidence in the GOAT(?)...GOAT?? lol...