• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Rays and A's stay in their current ballparks for awhile?

IlovethisGame925

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty obvious that The Oakland Athletics and the Tampa Bay Rays need new stadiums. Why haven't they done anything about it yet? Ok I know Oakland is short of money but why won't they consider the option of moving the team out of St. Pete? And move Oakland out of state altogether and try to keep pushing for San Jose. Attendance wise both Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum and Tropicana Field both suck. Have they considered tearing down both of these stadiums like in the next couple of years. They are both the garbage dumps of ballparks in Major League Baseball....seriously. I have seen debris flying on the field of a Oakland Raiders home game....pretty bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams need new stadiums, but I can't blame the cities for not wanting to pony up absurd amounts of taxpayer money. It's as if MLB just wants the cities to snap their fingers and instantly approve anything the teams want and fund a big chunk of it themselves. I'm tired of sports leagues foisting hundreds of millions of dollars on taxpayers for privately-owned facilities. Maybe if the citizens got a cut of the revenue, I'd be okay with it. These billionaire owners have more than enough money to build the stadiums themselves.

IlovethisGame925

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What team probably will move in the next 5-10 years? If its not the A's or Rays who will it be?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty obvious that The Oakland Athletics and the Tampa Bay Rays need new stadiums. Why haven't they done anything about it yet? Ok I know Oakland is short of money but why won't they consider the option of moving the team out of St. Pete? And move Oakland out of state altogether and try to keep pushing for San Jose. Attendance wise both Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum and Tropicana Field both suck. Have they considered tearing down both of these stadiums like in the next couple of years. They are both the garbage dumps of ballparks in Major League Baseball....seriously. I have seen debris flying on the field of a Oakland Raiders home game....pretty bad.

The A's are going nowhere, and that makes me very sad. I would love to be able to get off work and just walk up to a game.

If they move here to San Jose, I could do it, based on the plans I have seen.

However, it is likely never to be..............

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tampa area has been taling about it for years...

raysstadium.jpg

rays-new-450.jpg

retractable-roof-stadium.jpg