• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Packers make the playoffs?

Will the Packers make the playoffs?

• Yep

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Nope

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • Macaroni salad with Miracle Whip

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a bad Packers team and maybe Rodgers can bail them out but that Dom Capers defense is terrible.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been waiting for this for years. Finally we can fire Mike Mcmuffin at head coach, Dumb Crapers as the D coordinator and Mr. Alzheimer's (Ted Thompson) at GM. It's the worst trio in all of the NFL. The only way we fire these clowns is by getting embarrassed routinely, not making the postseason, and the team quitting on them. All three of those things are happening.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Eagles Dline is going to teabag Rodgers all day when they play in our house. Cox is going to have a big game, at least double teamed. I think GB loses both games Skids and the Birds.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0.00000001% chance

58669-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-Sm9B.gif

Where's the shit show thing when I need it

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're still in it for sure. I really doubt the NFC is going to have 3 10 or 11 win teams, and right now GB is in the ball park of every other non-division leader record-wise. Lots of season left. They could still win their division too for sure. Do you really think the Lions will run away and hide?

Edit: I meant NFCE up there.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted yes because, well, who the fuck really knows in this division, right. And every time people count these guys out, they seem to find a way to prove people wrong while the other guys in the division seem to go the other way.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-5 now and got smacked down by the Titans...

Fortunately for them a bunch of NFC teams lost today, including Minny, but in reality GB looks like the 9th or 10th best team in the NFC.

Lucky for you the season has 2 more weeks to go to give the Packers chances to disqualify themselves so your thread here is correct. All the Rodgers hate and not making the playoff threads really keep you busy.

Oh and with the win this last week and few losses by others they somehow moved into the 6th seed

NFL Playoff Picture - NFL.com

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we are stuck with Mcmuffin and Dom Capers for another year of making the postseason and one and done again.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the kind of thread Sonny was mad at me for not posting in and expressing my opinion maybe when the team was not doing as well. I never say no until it is not possible but do enjoy seeing others opinions based on how they see things no matter if they are right or wrong.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pack can clinch a wild card spot this weekend if the following happens.

» Packers beat Vikings: This is obvious. The message coach Mike McCarthy has sent to his players this month is get to 10 wins, then think about the playoffs. If the Packers get to 10 wins, they’ll win the NFC North and host a wild-card game. Beating the Vikings is an essential step for any postseason possibility.

» Tampa Bay loses at New Orleans: The Packers are the NFC’s sixth seed at the moment because of a slight tiebreaker edge over the Buccaneers. Strength of schedule, the fifth wild-card tiebreaker, is applicable because the Packers and Bucs will have identical conference records and the same record against common opponents. They also have identical strength of victories, with the Packers a better bet to end up with that edge in two weeks. So if the Packers and Bucs finish with the same record, the Packers will win the tiebreaker. If the Bucs lose to the Saints this week, they can finish no better than 9-7. The Packers can finish no worse than 9-7 if they beat the Vikings.

» Washington loses to Chicago: Ready to root for the Bears? Washington is not an ideal team for the Packers to compete against for a playoff berth, thanks to their blowout win over Green Bay last month. But Washington’s tie against the Cincinnati Bengals makes it extremely unlikely they will finish with the same record as the Packers. Washington held the NFC’s sixth seed until its loss Monday night against Carolina dropped its record to 7-6-1. If Washington loses to the Bears, it can finish no better than 8-7-1. That would be a half game behind the Packers’ worst-case scenario of 9-7 if they beat the Vikings.

» Atlanta beats Carolina: It’s not enough for the Bucs and Washington to lose this weekend. The Packers need the Falcons to win. Like Washington, the Falcons would be an undesirable head-to-head wild-card competitor with the Packers, because of their late-October win over Green Bay in Atlanta. If the Falcons lose to Carolina, the Bucs still would be alive in the NFC South race entering Week 17. Should the Bucs win the NFC South and the Falcons finish with an identical record as the Packers, Atlanta would edge out Green Bay for the final wild-card spot.

» Denver beats Kansas City: This is nothing more than window dressing. The Bucs' best win of the season came Nov. 20 at Kansas City, which is 10-4. A Chiefs loss on Christmas Day to the Broncos would hurt the Bucs’ strength of victory, which could be a tiebreaker with the Packers.

» Detroit win at Dallas: That’s right, a Lions win could actually help the Packers this week. Because the Packers have already beaten the Lions, it would boost their strength of victory, which could be a deciding tiebreaker should they and the Bucs finish with the same record.

» Houston wins against Cincinnati: Same as the Lions beating the Cowboys. The Packers beat the Texans earlier this season, so a Texans win would boost their strength of victory. The Packers need both a Lions and Texans win to fully clinch a playoff spot, according to the prediction machine.

If all the above scenarios fell into place this week, the Packers would finish no worse than 9-7. Washington would finish no better than 8-7-1. The Falcons would clinch the NFC South and thus pose no wild-card threat to the Packers. And while the Bucs could finish 9-7, they wouldn't win the strength of victory tiebreaker over the Packer