• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Sampson make Houston ... ?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Kelvin Sampson make Houston a nationally relevant program again? Personally, I'm pretty optimistic about the hire. He's had quite a bit success in the past, particularly at Oklahoma, and Dickey is leaving behind some pretty good talent. A lot of talent in the greater Houston area for KS to recruit.

badinflu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Kelvin Sampson make Houston a nationally relevant program again? Personally, I'm pretty optimistic about the hire. He's had quite a bit success in the past, particularly at Oklahoma, and Dickey is leaving behind some pretty good talent. A lot of talent in the greater Houston area for KS to recruit.

If Houston wants to become relevant again, they have to get the hometown kids.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody ever questioned Sampson's coaching ability. He is great. Now that he has the Nba experience I think he will do really well in Houston.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody ever questioned Sampson's coaching ability. He is great. Now that he has the Nba experience I think he will do really well in Houston.

Agreed. I read a piece about how his Washington State and Oklahoma teams overachieved in the sense that they didn't have great talent, but they won a lot of games. That piece attributed the success of those teams to Sampson really coaching them up, particularly on the defensive end. I think that Sampson inherits some really nice players in Tashawn Thomas, LJ Rose, Daniel House, Jehrod Stiggers, and Danrad Knowles. Hopefully his time in the NBA makes him more attractive to future recruits.