• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Mike Tomlin keep his at or over .500 streak alive?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if I was in vegas. I would throw a few bucks on him extending. He still has a workable defense. A RB & might have improved QB with ben being a shell of himself last year.

That begs the question, is Trubisky an upgrade over washed up Ben?

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he extends this year with this QB room, he looks all time special to me.
Yeah, Tomlin is an absolute stud of a HC. He's one of those guys that just finds a way to have success, with or without a good QB. Very Bill Parcells-like.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Pickens and Calvin Austin are pretty major variables. Pickens could have been on pace to be a top 10 pick in college but he got pretty seriously injured and his personality is apparently quite...something. Calvin Austin could be a serious playmaker but he'll need to stay healthy with a super light frame and the QB will have to accurately get him the ball. Not sure they have that QB on the roster but a speed demon as the 3rd or 4th option on that offense could change some games.

I still kinda think Trubisky is a downgrade from oldman Ben. Trubisky's stats always felt a bit empty in Chi and Bens always came in clutch moments it seemed. My expectation is that if he starts the bulk of the games then they just miss the playoffs. If Pickett rises through the ranks at some point early on then maybe Tomlin keeps his streak alive
I disagree about old Ben being better. Ben was clutch in 2020, not so much in 2021. Last year was a rapid decent from his clutch ways. Being as immobile as he was it was a serious hindrance to the offense. Now they have a couple of mobile QBs they should be able to open up the playbook more and quit force-feeding Najee.

QB & OL play was abysmal last year. But nobody would have much chance behind that crap OL. $70m invested into the OL, new OL coaches, and young blood at QB. We should hope that amount of investments into the offense works better than last year. I don’t see how it could be worse.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree about old Ben being better. Ben was clutch in 2020, not so much in 2021. Last year was a rapid decent from his clutch ways. Being as immobile as he was it was a serious hindrance to the offense. Now they have a couple of mobile QBs they should be able to open up the playbook more and quit force-feeding Najee.

QB & OL play was abysmal last year. But nobody would have much chance behind that crap OL. $70m invested into the OL, new OL coaches, and young blood at QB. We should hope that amount of investments into the offense works better than last year. I don’t see how it could be worse.
Yeah, there is a possibility that if the Steelers just get something like 26 TDs and 13Ints out of Trubisky then they'll be fine as long as their weapons stay healthy (Najee) and their defense is legit. The defense is a big factor, though. I realize that an offense staying on the field helps the defense but I do think the depth on the Steelers D is getting pretty regularly tested.

You guys are a WR factory, though. Surprised Bill Bellichick hasn't setup up cameras around your perimeter. The expectation in KC early on is that Juju will likely be the Chiefs top WR next year.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should discuss having a poll.

It will be close on whether he keeps the streak alive. They still have a good defense after all. And the AFCN plays one of the friendliest out of division schedules this year getting to go against the AFCE and the NFCS. A lot of gimme games in there for even an average team.
LOL.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AFC North is probably the 2nd toughest in the AFC and probably the League.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AFC North is probably the 2nd toughest in the AFC and probably the League.
If Watson was playing they'd honestly have a good argument for top division. Hard to say its a tough division for sure, though. I think the Vegas expectations is that its a two dog race between Cinci and Baltimore

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on the offensive line improving and how well they can do in their first 8 games. They play 5 of 8 on the road to start the season and that includes games in Cincy, Miami, Philly, and Buffalo. The Bills have already been declared the 2022-2023 Super Bowl champs so we know that's not going to work out well. Anyway, they'll need to avoid a disastrous start to stay in contention. I wouldn't bet against Tomlin - He seems to do some of his best work when there are the most questions.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call, even if he goes 8-9 or 7-10, doesn't make him bad coach. Just tough & dark times for Pittsburgh, every team goes through them - although some teams are in there for a long long long time! I don't think they will make the playoffs but I have no confidence in Trubisky or Rudolph.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Steelers can go 9.5 wins with the husk of Big Ben and the Nagy-led Bears can get 12 wins with Trubtitties.... C'mon now

Either way you look at this, they goin over .500

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I didn't go back far enough, the man has never had a losing record in his coaching career. Big Ben is now gone, and I heard Mitch Trubisky is now the new starter in Pittsburgh at QB. Vegas has their win total over/under at 7.5...does the man get this team to 8-8-1 or better...if he does will this be his best coaching job yet? I'm half of a mind to sprinkle a little love at +900 to win their division...or maybe +300 to make the playoffs
He's never had to coach a Steelers team without Big Ben on the roster......good luck with that.
8-9

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See 2019 season
Might wanna re-read my post:
I said " on the roster"...... Big Ben was on the roster but was injured in the 2cd game, which by the way, Tomlin then goes 8-8.
Nice try though.
Btw, love the av!.....:dance:

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might wanna re-read my post:
I said " on the roster"...... Big Ben was on the roster but was injured in the 2cd game, which by the way, Tomlin then goes 8-8.
Nice try though.
Btw, love the av!.....:dance:

The av is the only reason I'm treated even decent around here. Haha!

Might want to recheck that 2019 season. Steelers lost both games Ben played and then went 8 and 6 the rest of the way.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The av is the only reason I'm treated even decent around here. Haha!

Might want to recheck that 2019 season. Steelers lost both games Ben played and then went 8 and 6 the rest of the way.
Yeah she's HAF !
That may be true, I was just sayin he was on the roster.
I don't believe Tomlin's gonna have toooo much success without him.
:2cents:

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah she's HAF !
That may be true, I was just sayin he was on the roster.
I don't believe Tomlin's gonna have toooo much success without him.
:2cents:

Seems I'm in the minority opinion around here that Tomlin isn't actually a very good coach. But I do feel the Steelers front office is pretty damned great at roster building to fit their scheme. I actually think Mitch is going to have a decent season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems I'm in the minority opinion around here that Tomlin isn't actually a very good coach. But I do feel the Steelers front office is pretty damned great at roster building to fit their scheme. I actually think Mitch is going to have a decent season.

154-85-2 (.643) in 15 years.

Never had a below .500 season.

10 playoff appearances.

A Lombardi Trophy.

How is he not a good coach?