• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Kam be back with Hawks next year?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks GM John Schneider declined to say if SS Kam Chancellor will be back next season.

Chancellor has two non-guaranteed years remaining on his current deal. Releasing him would save $4.1 million, but Seattle has $26M in cap space. The Seahawks top in-house free agents are LT Russell Okung, OLB Bruce Irvin, and WR Jermaine Kearse.

Hell I would take him on our team in a heart beat.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Kam and the Seahawks will figure something out. I can't imagine the Seahawks letting him go. As soon as he came back, that D turned the corner. I think Kam is the most important piece of their secondary. Without him, Thomas and Sherman aren't as free to do their thing.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks GM John Schneider declined to say if SS Kam Chancellor will be back next season.

Chancellor has two non-guaranteed years remaining on his current deal. Releasing him would save $4.1 million, but Seattle has $26M in cap space. The Seahawks top in-house free agents are LT Russell Okung, OLB Bruce Irvin, and WR Jermaine Kearse.

Hell I would take him on our team in a heart beat.

Just looked and actually, it's closer to 30 mil in cap space for 2016 as of now now.

Which is crazy because purguy told me that the Seahawks have NO cap space to work with!!!

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that is just a copy & paste from the internet.
My comment is the one that I would take him in a Heartbeat, if the Hawks are crazy enough to let him get away.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell I would love for the guy to come to Philly, but Jakes right that defense got a lot better when he came back and they all got re dialed in...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam is great against the run and obviously we all know he hits like a truck but one thing he continues to get exposed on is his poor coverage skills... He was getting beat like a dead rug over and over again from the opposing TE's... It cost us a few games, imo... I would be surprised if we let him go but if we did, it would mean we had other priorities over Kam... Extending Michael Bennett could be the #1 priority heading into the season outside beefing up our OL and we'll be spending a lot of that money we have in cap space on the OL/Bennett imo..

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that is just a copy & paste from the internet.
My comment is the one that I would take him in a Heartbeat, if the Hawks are crazy enough to let him get away.

He won't be going anywhere. And he'll play next year under the current contract. He had a down year to his standards, but I wouldn't be too quick to move on from him by assuming all of his best football is behind him.

The guys who filled in for him early in the year struggled, but McCray did really well when he filled in later in the year.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam is great against the run and obviously we all know he hits like a truck but one thing he continues to get exposed on is his poor coverage skills... He was getting beat like a dead rug over and over again from the opposing TE's... It cost us a few games, imo... I would be surprised if we let him go but if we did, it would mean we had other priorities over Kam... Extending Michael Bennett could be the #1 priority heading into the season outside beefing up our OL and we'll be spending a lot of that money we have in cap space on the OL/Bennett imo..
Well he is the Strong Safety, not the Free Safety. The OC's job is to try & dictate those kinds of match ups.
What makes the Hawks defense so good, is they can play base Defenses & still be highly successful. Which means at times you will have those top TEs against the SS.

Think you might be a little hard on the Beav. :heh:

but like I said. I'll take him!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't be going anywhere. And he'll play next year under the current contract. He had a down year to his standards, but I wouldn't be too quick to move on from him by assuming all of his best football is behind him.

The guys who filled in for him early in the year struggled, but McCray did really well when he filled in later in the year.
Do you anticipate him sitting out games again to start the season then? I do, especially if those cap numbers are right.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you anticipate him sitting out games again to start the season then? I do, especially if those cap numbers are right.

No, I don't. At all. He has no leverage this go around.

Now Baldwin or Bennett, I could definitely see holding out as they have legit contractual gripes and plenty of leverage by coming off great seasons.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't. At all. He has no leverage this go around.

Now Baldwin or Bennett, I could definitely see holding out as they have legit contractual gripes and plenty of leverage by coming off great seasons.
He didn't have leverage last year either? Everyone thought he was a fool for throwing away that money.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't have leverage last year either? Everyone thought he was a fool for throwing away that money.

I would think he learned something from that and wouldn't this year because for as little leverage as he had then, he has waaayyy less now.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think he learned something from that and wouldn't this year because for as little leverage as he had then, he has waaayyy less now.
Fair enough. I guess we'll just have to wait and see? Not sure what he was thinking last year so not going to venture a guess on what he'll do this year. OBTW I'll gladly take him in NE:nod:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I guess we'll just have to wait and see? Not sure what he was thinking last year so not going to venture a guess on what he'll do this year. OBTW I'll gladly take him in NE:nod:

Just about every team would love to have him. That's what drives me crazy about a few on the Hawks board that seem very quick to cut ties.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam could end up getting traded, especially if he throws another fit over his contract this offseason... Seahawks pretty much draw a line in the sand of not negotiating until the final year of a players contract... You can't sign a contract and then bitch about it the next year, if you open that door it's not a good thing, because other players start coming forward doing the same thing... I love Kam, but if he pulls' that crap again were gonna have to make a move...