• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wild Card Weekend Game Thread

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trent.gif

just posting the gif, dont agree with the statment underneath just to be clear

More like Seattle players have no class; especially Browner and Sherman. I can't believe Sherman is a Stanford guy. Bet he didn't graduate.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More like Seattle players have no class; especially Browner and Sherman. I can't believe Sherman is a Stanford guy. Bet he didn't graduate.

He graduated with a degree in communications and in 2010 begun working on his Masters degree.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He graduated with a degree in communications and in 2010 begun working on his Masters degree.

He doesn't seem like a Stanford cat. Seems really classless. Those Stanford dudes seem to carry themselves with class.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand the Seahawks, most of them chirp all the time and Russell Wilson is just a cliche machine.

I'm actually becoming more impressed with Wilson the more I watch him. I thought he was just a cliche as well when he played the 49ers at the Stick but he has improved markedly in my opinion.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He doesn't seem like a Stanford cat. Seems really classless. Those Stanford dudes seem to carry themselves with class.

He's originally from Compton, CA. Alot of people like to run with that tidbit, but I usually stay out of that discussion and will do so again if one arises.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By all accounts Sherman is very smart, holds a grudge against Harbaugh for not drafting him, and just likes to run off his mouth. It's fine as long as you're winning and not getting beat. I'm just wondering if as physical and big as he is the way to counter him is to have a really fast water bug like receiver who can run by him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Stanford is probably my favourite school (not saying much), but I haven't made that observation.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually becoming more impressed with Wilson the more I watch him. I thought he was just a cliche as well when he played the 49ers at the Stick but he has improved markedly in my opinion.

I'm talking about his interactions with the press, just a lot of dumb cliches, boring.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's originally from Compton, CA. Alot of people like to run with that tidbit, but I usually stay out of that discussion and will do so again if one arises.

My dad was born and raised in Compton but left in 1942 to go into the war. I was really disappointed in Sherman the way he was crowing about the fact that he got off on a technicality with his drug test.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawk defense didn't look that great at the beginning, had Griffin been able to run on more than one leg the result would have been different.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about his interactions with the press, just a lot of dumb cliches, boring.

He can't possibly be worse than our boy can he? I was impressed with Wilson on that QB show that Gruden does. I hate the fact that he plays for the Seahawks.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I have to admit I underestimated Russell Wilson. I thought he wouldn't be a very good QB at all. Boy was I wrong so far. He's a pain in the ass.

RGIII, on the other hand, I thought would be average or so because his body wouldn't be able to hold up the way he plays. Well, I might be right about that one.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford is probably my favourite school (not saying much), but I haven't made that observation.

Even the way they conduct themselves at school is impressive and that's not easy to do for high profile college athletes. They go about their business with a quiet, determined, dedication that is appealing to me in a blue collar sort of way. Of course, that's a generalization but that's the way I see them.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit I underestimated Russell Wilson. I thought he wouldn't be a very good QB at all. Boy was I wrong so far. He's a pain in the ass.

RGIII, on the other hand, I thought would be average or so because his body wouldn't be able to hold up the way he plays. Well, I might be right about that one.

He is a very good qb, although the Redskins were able to get to him today for a few sacks and he missed some very open receivers, looking to run first. I would say whatever the stats say it was not his best performance in terms of reading the defenses, etc.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love me some Sherman. He's cocky and quite arrogant, but it really doesn't bother me. The guy is a legitimate corner in the league and is one of the smartest dudes around, and to make it out of Compton and into Stanford, get a Bachelors in communications, begin working on his Masters, get drafted in the 6th round, and then instantly emerge as one of the premier CBs in the league is nothing short of amazing.

I just hate that he's a Seahawk.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I love me some Sherman. He's cocky and quite arrogant, but it really doesn't bother me. The guy is a legitimate corner in the league and is one of the smartest dudes around, and to make it out of Compton and into Stanford, get a Bachelors in communications, begin working on his Masters, get drafted in the 6th round, and then instantly emerge as one of the premier CBs in the league is nothing short of amazing.

Well, he's also a cheater.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, that remains to be seen because he is so exposed to injury. He is an exciting player to watch though and boy does he create matchup problems for a defense. Discipline is not a hallmark of today's athletes and discipline for an entire game is what it takes to defend Griffin; especially from the guys up front. It is so hard to mantain your area of responsibility for an entire game against a guy like that.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a cheatin' son of a gun and an arrogant piece of you-know-what.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Clemons tore his ACL. Just means more time for Irvin.