• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wild Card Saturday: Oakland Raiders @ Houston Texans

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No axe to grind either way for me, but I wanted to see OAK at full strength play that game so I can empathize with the Raider nation. But it's football, players get hurt, the games still must be played...Texans were clearly the better team.

Excited? We're all wired differently but when it comes to DIV rivals...I know a lot of DIV rivals hate the Steelers and want to see them lose no matter what, and that's cool...I get it.

I hate rivals when my team is playing against them. When the outcome has no effect on my team, it's just a game then, whatever happens, happens.

Most fan bases are like that.

Then you have the dumbasses in Houston who cheer a divisional rival to beat the Cowboys, even if it ends up knocking the Texans out of the playoffs.

I swear we have the dumbest fan base in America.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OAK...how they got to 12-4 was certainly a by-product of the schedule...no question. Yes, I think we can point to Carr not playing as a major factor as you would any playoff team losing their starting QB. Would they have won with Carr...I have no clue, but I feel pretty comfortable saying the game would've been more competitive.

Fans...Like I said, we're all wired differently...it's not me, but I understand, not bothered in the least that you took delight in seeing OAK lose.

Oh I get that Carr being out definitely changes everything. Really no coincidence that the run game completely fell apart with Carr out. Teams loaded the box and dared the 2 back ups to try and beat them. They showed they couldn't.

I'll be honest part of me wanted to see the Raiders win. I think it was pretty obvious the Raiders are not winning the Super Bowl without Carr. So at least if they won this last week it pushes them farther down the draft. Then again I have quite a few Raiders fans that I communicate with that not sure I would have heard the end of it if they had actually won a playoff game. And same for this next week with the Chiefs. I actually live in Chief's country. Seems like every year some Chiefs fan decides to decorate my car or steal my Bronco rock outside of my house. So wouldn't mind seeing them lose either. At least then all of us in the AFC West can mourn our team not winning the Super Bowl.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of this is a big deal but I thought it out of character for dumler, that's all.

Personally I never understood the lengths some people go to in order to hate another team. I root for the teams I want to win and I root against teams that compete with my teams. Beyond that it's just sports and it's supposed to be fun. Same thing I used to tell my son when he was swearing and throwing his game controller around.

EDIT Seems like every year some Chiefs fan decides to decorate my car or steal my Bronco rock outside of my house. So wouldn't mind seeing them lose either. At least then all of us in the AFC West can mourn our team not winning the Super Bowl.

Ok, that would piss me off!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of this is a big deal but I thought it out of character for dumler, that's all.

Personally I never understood the lengths some people go to in order to hate another team. I root for the teams I want to win and I root against teams that compete with my teams. Beyond that it's just sports and it's supposed to be fun. Same thing I used to tell my son when he was swearing and throwing his game controller around.

EDIT Seems like every year some Chiefs fan decides to decorate my car or steal my Bronco rock outside of my house. So wouldn't mind seeing them lose either. At least then all of us in the AFC West can mourn our team not winning the Super Bowl.

Ok, that would piss me off!

So you can understand a bit of my frustration of why I sometimes actually openly cheer for division rivals to lose. Somebody stole my rock one time as a joke but then forgot where they put it. I was visiting their house one day and just happened to see something in their air vent. They had no clue what it was so opened it up to then it be my rock. This was 2 years after they had taken it.

Understand I do openly cheer against division rivals but it doesn't upset me to see them win either. Like you said it is just a game and at the end of the day we would all do well to remember that. I've never broken anything out of anger after a game. Just don't see the value in getting that angry. The worst I see it though is actually not football fans but golfers. Man have I seen quite a few golf clubs go flying or snapped over some guys knee. I mean I wouldn't mind just having that $400 driver you decided to snap over your knee.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I get that Carr being out definitely changes everything. Really no coincidence that the run game completely fell apart with Carr out. Teams loaded the box and dared the 2 back ups to try and beat them. They showed they couldn't.

I'll be honest part of me wanted to see the Raiders win. I think it was pretty obvious the Raiders are not winning the Super Bowl without Carr. So at least if they won this last week it pushes them farther down the draft. Then again I have quite a few Raiders fans that I communicate with that not sure I would have heard the end of it if they had actually won a playoff game. And same for this next week with the Chiefs. I actually live in Chief's country. Seems like every year some Chiefs fan decides to decorate my car or steal my Bronco rock outside of my house. So wouldn't mind seeing them lose either. At least then all of us in the AFC West can mourn our team not winning the Super Bowl.

Lol...I hear ya!

My brother-n-law is a huge KC fan living in near the Cali Bay area...says he can't wear his Chiefs gear around town, not near OAK anyway without taking grief.

I lost our long standing season bet on which team has the best reg season record, but I'm hoping to beat MIA today obviously and knock KC out of the playoffs next week!

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how...
Nothing I have said has been earth shattering or should be unexpected in a thread like this. Not sure why Rex got so upset about a Bronco fan commenting about liking what he saw today.

I'm pretty sure he was drunk

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol...I hear ya!

My brother-n-law is a huge KC fan living in near the Cali Bay area...says he can't wear his Chiefs gear around town, not near OAK anyway without taking grief.

I lost our long standing season bet on which team has the best reg season record, but I'm hoping to beat MIA today obviously and knock KC out of the playoffs next week!

My best friend is a Chiefs fan. Every year we have a $10 bet on every game between the Broncos/Chiefs. Not a good year for me. I cleaned up pretty well during the Manning years so I guess one down year I can live with.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My best friend is a Chiefs fan. Every year we have a $10 bet on every game between the Broncos/Chiefs. Not a good year for me. I cleaned up pretty well during the Manning years so I guess one down year I can live with.

Me either...$100 is our bet and I'm down b-t-b yrs.

In spite of some very good weapons, KC can look really ugly on OFC some times, but they are so good in other areas they are hard to beat....imo, if you can block the edge rushers you stand a good chance of beating them. Peters is really good, and Berry had a better yr than KC even expected, but you can attack that DEF on the ground and in the air.

If PIT wins today and comes out of it fairly healthy, I like their chances in KC.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one ugly game, those are playoff teams